Peter Pan Return To Never Land

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I got to see Peter Pan Return To Never Land today and I thought it was shocking that they did a sequel to Peter Pan but this time about Wendy's daughter Jane and I wondered why Disney did a sequel to Peter Pan? I also found it odd that they added new characters such as Wendy's son Daniel and the dog is named Nana II and why did they set the sequel during World War II? I think Disney took inspiration from Bedknobs And Broomsticks to create Return To Never Land because the train scene reminded me of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I also discovered that a singer named Jonatha Brooke sings the signature song I'll Try in the movie and I had never heard of Jonatha before and she sang great. Was Return To Never Land a hit when it debuted because I remember it was a slow starter at first?

I got to see Peter Pan Return To Never Land today and I thought it was shocking that they did a sequel to Peter Pan but this time about Wendy's daughter Jane and I wondered why Disney did a sequel to Peter Pan? I also found it odd that they added new characters such as Wendy's son Daniel and the dog is named Nana II and why did they set the sequel during World War II? I think Disney took inspiration from Bedknobs And Broomsticks to create Return To Never Land because the train scene reminded me of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I also discovered that a singer named Jonatha Brooke sings the signature song I'll Try in the movie and I had never heard of Jonatha before and she sang great. Was Return To Never Land a hit when it debuted because I remember it was a slow starter at first?

This was planned to be one of those direct-to-video sequels, but it ended up with a theatrical release. It wasn't that well liked, but actually performed decently at the box office. If I recall, the story is just okay, but the animation looks nice.

Last edited:
I liked the story. It made sense to continue the time line as from the dress of Peter Pan would have dated it to the 1910s. The next generation born would have been around WWII. It was a decent tween story-still young enough to believe in and use your imagination to escape in "magic" but having to be adult enough to deal with what life was at that time with the war and taking care of little brother. The only other direct to video I liked was Scamp sequel to Lady and the Tramp. I liked that because it showed the younger generation that their "parents" had a life before they became the center of the universe so to speak.

I thought that it was a well done move. The transition to WW2 for Wendy's children and Jane's growing up so soon as a result was a nice continuation of the original movie. DH and I saw it at the theater when it came out. It was not a blockbuster, but the animation was well done, and many of the the musical numbers enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter