Peter Pan Rope Drop

Has anyone had any experience going through the castle to rope drop Peter Pan? Thought it would be a great experience for our first MK day. Watch the show and then begin the day going through the castle. Is there much of a delay?

That can change at any time.
The castle tunnel is closed before and during the MK opening show...
and may be opened (or not) after the actors have cleared the area.
How long that process takes can be affected by other possible situations with the stage, backstage, and actors.
What happens on any given day may or may not happen on any other day.
(This the purpose of showing the multiple routes and explanation of them in my map in post #3 of this thread.)

If timing is not an issue for you, then it may not be a problem to just "wait and see" what happens with the castle tunnel on the day(s) you are there.

Last edited:
Looks like we will skip it this trip lol.

7D is also a good candidate for finding a short wait close to closing time.

The longest we’ve ever waiting using this strategy was 20 minutes during opening week in 2014. Since then, we’ve been able to find 10 minute waits quite often.

Why not try the opposite? Rope drop SDMT then go to Peter Pan.

I considered this for sure. What do you think the wait time for PP would be if you first went to SDMT, again right at rope drop? PP is my most favorite ride so that’s why it is a priority for me. We most likely won’t have an evening in MK this trip, or even another day. This is a short last minute trip and I’m not used to getting every FP I want, so I’m sucking it up and prioritizing.

wow, that overhead view in the diagram throws me off.... i'm so used to seeing the magical facades that seeing the top of buildings is off-putting

robo,

i'm not saying it's a bad diagram, i'm just saying it was off-putting to see the tops. the diagram was actually quite helpful and i've forwarded it to my family friend for consideration to use on our trip in 2 weeks.

it was good to see a new view of the show buildings :)

best wishes,
reilly

I considered this for sure. What do you think the wait time for PP would be if you first went to SDMT, again right at rope drop? PP is my most favorite ride so that’s why it is a priority for me. We most likely won’t have an evening in MK this trip, or even another day. This is a short last minute trip and I’m not used to getting every FP I want, so I’m sucking it up and prioritizing.
It depends on how early you get on SDMT. If you're there early enough to be near the front, I don't think you'll have that big of a line once you get to PP. SDMT is a pretty short ride.

When we have done RD and gone to SM, then Buzz and walked through Fantasy land (about 9:20), the line to 7DMT and PP are both about 45 minutes. Not sure how much difference 10 minutes would make.
If possible, I would FP one of the 2 rides as yo picked the 2 that most people headed to Fantasyland at RD are choosing.

We've done 7DMT first and PP second several times. Even 30-40 minutes after park opening, PP has only been about a twenty minute actual wait. I prefer doing it this way, because if you go to PP first you run the risk of them just shooing you through the fp shortcut and missing the incredible queue! We LOVE the interactive queue so don't mind waiting 20-30 minutes to see it.

*Remember, if the sign says 45 minute wait, it is probably more like 30 so don't panic if you see that.**

We've done 7DMT first and PP second several times. Even 30-40 minutes after park opening, PP has only been about a twenty minute actual wait. I prefer doing it this way, because if you go to PP first you run the risk of them just shooing you through the fp shortcut and missing the incredible queue! We LOVE the interactive queue so don't mind waiting 20-30 minutes to see it.

*Remember, if the sign says 45 minute wait, it is probably more like 30 so don't panic if you see that.**

Thanks! I don’t mind a 30 min wait for PP so maybe I will do SDMT first. I also love the interactive queue. We will have until 10:20 to get to our first FP. So as long as we were done with PP by 10:10 or so, we would be ok.

Thanks! I don’t mind a 30 min wait for PP so maybe I will do SDMT first. I also love the interactive queue. We will have until 10:20 to get to our first FP. So as long as we were done with PP by 10:10 or so, we would be ok.

Is 10:20 the actual end time of your first FP?
If so, you also have an additional 15 min. built-in "grace period," so you could enter
the FP line as late as 10:35.

Is 10:20 the actual end time of your first FP?
If so, you also have an additional 15 min. built-in "grace period," so you could enter
the FP line as late as 10:35.

Yes it’s the end. But it’s also Pirates and I prefer to stroll casually and probably hit the bathroom after rope dropping two rides. Yes I am old lol.

Was just making a feeble attempt at a joke. I am aware of the 15 min grace period but I appreciate your thoughts. We usually eat at BOG, get on SDMT before park opening, and then head to PP. With this being a last minute trip I know things will be different this time. Hoping next Tuesday will still be slow enough to hit these 2 rides in a reasonable time. Thanks for the great info!

Was just making a feeble attempt at a joke. I am aware of the 15 min grace period but I appreciate your thoughts. We usually eat at BOG, get on SDMT before park opening, and then head to PP. With this being a last minute trip I know things will be different this time. Hoping next Tuesday will still be slow enough to hit these 2 rides in a reasonable time. Thanks for the great info!

Wish I was going, too!
Have fun!

what is the best strategy to rope drop Peter Pan? What is the wait usually at that time?
We found that standing by the liberty square bridge got us on the ride and off within about 10-15 minutes. I feel that the masses of people will be positioning themselves on the other side of the hub to head towards PPF and 7DMT. Where as I think less people go Liberty square route (past Columbia house) to PPF. There were very few people going this route but coming up on PPF we saw the mass of people coming the opposite direction.

I'm going in just a few weeks, and I don't have FPs to either SDMT or Peter Pan. I won't be upset if we miss out on one or the other, but do you think it would be best to try and rope drop SDMT then Peter Pan? I'd be curious to know what the wait time would be at that point for Peter Pan.

I just rope dropped PP on Wed. It worked very well to go the Liberty Square route. Those that went the other way had to pass us to get to the end of the line. I had never seen the queue so was glad I did that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter