Peter Pan wait time question...

momof2n2

DIS Veteran
I have learned through this board about how PP can be hard to get on

I just looked at the DLR app for 3:30PM PST. It states a wait time of 35 minutes. That doesn’t seem hideous. It’s a Saturday. Does it seem strange it’s not more than that to you regular park goers? Is it because it is parade time?

RSR is 90 and GOTG is 45, so the PP seems less scary in perspective???

(ETA - at any other time in my life I would easily skip PP altogether. But my current 5 yo is fascinated by PP... go figure.)

Honestly unless it's during peak season/crazy busy Peter Pan is usually always 30-40 minutes regardless what time of day it is, even during magic morning. While it's not that bad of a wait time my guess is that most people on the board use fast passes for rides and are used to practically walking on so it seems a lot longer in comparison :confused3

The wait times listed at PP have never been accurate, from my experience. One time we got in line when it said 30 minutes, but it was actually closer to 50. It's the only ride where I don't trust their wait times.

I have found the times on the app not updated frequently enough. TP Lines app right now says 50 minutes posted, 41 estimated and they are usually really accurate. I rarely rarely ever see that line under 40-50 minutes. Sometimes there will be a sign that says 30, and then the lines snakes way way past the sign. I would budget 50 minutes pretty much any day, 90 if it is peakk time, and just consider it your lucky day if it is shorter! We love that ride, but I refuse to wait that long every time we go, we are AP's and frequently go for a couple of hours. We would never do anything else!

Last edited:
This is why it is not productive to ride Peter Pan at rope drop unless you can be on in about 10 minutes. The ride has a wait time cap. I have never personally witnessed the wait being longer than 50 minutes. Others have stated they have, but generally it has a cap. Better to wait 40 or even 50 minutes when all lines are long than wait 30-40 minutes first thing in the morning when everything else is a walk on.

I agree with everyone who said that the wait times for that ride aren't accurate. I fell for the "oh it's only 30 minutes" thing once, and ended up waiting an hour!
One way I successfully rode peter pan was going at rope drop on a day where DL didn't have Magic Morning. That way it was fair game to everyone. My friends and I were on and off the ride by 8:19 am. It didn't suck any time out of our day whatsoever. Today on the other hand, I thought about riding it, but there was magic morning. By the time I go to the line, it extended to the castle opening. So I just decided against it.

So if you want to ride it, I would suggest a day where there isn't magic morning and go at rope drop.

If that wait time is accurate, it's fantastic! Way less than the usual 45 minutes. :) Keep in mind that the lower 3 passes are blocked today -- that is one reason why Saturdays have now become pretty good days! So the mindset that "Saturdays are super busy and horrible days" isn't accurate at DLR any longer. Now Sundays... whole different story. Check to see what the wait times for PP are like tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited:
That is the one wait time I never believe. You can just look at the winding line and say "no possible way is that a 35 minute wait" and trust your gut, it's NOT!

I was there a couple of Fridays ago and around 6pm the wait time was 30 minutes - I hopped in line. The wait seemed to be 30 minutes or less. I could tell the line was low as there was no outside line - it was just the very close switchback inside.

PP was down on Saturday so it might've been right after it came back up. RSR was down on and off on Friday and the times were all over the place.

It’s 2:51 there right now...

I think I have found something to keep me busy in these few weeks leading up to my trip: checking wait times.

I could do this wait...

Attachments

• F542E6B0-F683-4727-A3A1-44C98F0B9C41.png
    F542E6B0-F683-4727-A3A1-44C98F0B9C41.png
    577.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 1108FDA4-EAD6-4C27-8AC5-1BA182D304E5.png
    1108FDA4-EAD6-4C27-8AC5-1BA182D304E5.png
    194.2 KB · Views: 25
It’s 2:51 there right now...

I think I have found something to keep me busy in these few weeks leading up to my trip: checking wait times.

I could do this wait...

Notice on the second picture it says, "ride any time, lines about the same for the rest of the day."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter