Peter Pans Flight...why the wait?

Should do an update on the ride if they can to increase the capacity, more boats or larger boats.

We didn't ride it in 2011 for our first trip, because the wait was around an hour and the FP return time was too far out. It's a classic-- when you fly out over London, it's just cool!

We love to ride PP at RD. It's not a crazy RD like some rides. If you FP it, you miss the queue, and the queue is just as fun as the ride!

I get that it's slow loading and low capacity but my last trip in 2012 waits were 10 minutes even around 10am. The ships haven't changed. They still hold the same amount of people and load just as slowly back then as they do now and I never waited 60+ minutes. We rode at least 3 times. Never waited more than 20 min. Like the OP, I am also wondering how over the last few years, this attraction has suddenly become so much more popular. Maybe the new queue? Fastpass skips the queue so maybe more people want to wait standby to see it.
When we went in 2011 it def had long waits. I know we actually waited in a 45mins line. The wait times did go up and down but were up more often than not.

I am fresh back from a weekend trip and thinking about things at the parks. One is PPF...I love the ride, mainly because it's nostalgic for me. I did not get to ride it this time, we used our fast passes for other attractions, and the wait time was 60-75 minutes all day. And while I do love it, I'm not willing to wait that long for it.

So now I'm wondering, why doesn't it always have such a long wait? It's not a thrill ride, it's not the latest thing to be added, nor does it have new technology. For me it's nostalgic; but the ride itself is over so quickly. Why do you think it always has such a long line?

The obvious slow loading but it is nostalgic for everyone else too. So we all do it. Lol!

We look every time we pass by PP, but the wait has always been prohibited. Got on once prior to the FP era.

Probably not going to happen unless you tear it down and start over.

I would think it would be possible to completely redesign the ships to contain a second row, without needing to change the rest of the ride. The current ships seem long enough to be able to fit two rows, but the new vehicle would of course need to be configured differently. Doubling the capacity of PPF would instantly remove it from the "FP+/RD or else" category of attractions.

Very popular, and stand by is probably extra long because of a high number of fast pass riders!

I have noticed this as well. The irony adds to the experience. Also, they now have a really cool queue.

I would think it would be possible to completely redesign the ships to contain a second row, without needing to change the rest of the ride. The current ships seem long enough to be able to fit two rows, but the new vehicle would of course need to be configured differently. Doubling the capacity of PPF would instantly remove it from the "FP+/RD or else" category of attractions.

But it not just the ships. Its the tracks that support them and the supports that hold up the track.

There also maybe issues with sight lines.

But it not just the ships. Its the tracks that support them and the supports that hold up the track.

There also maybe issues with sight lines.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that it would be possible to construct a two-row ship vehicle that (a) is about the same length as the current ones, (b) can integrate with the current track, and (c) doesn't obstruct the riders' views of the ride.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that it would be possible to construct a two-row ship vehicle that (a) is about the same length as the current ones, (b) can integrate with the current track, and (c) doesn't obstruct the riders' views of the ride.
I think the pp meant the weight of the added passengers - it's likely the track cannot support double the weight since there would extra people in each boat. I love it just the way it is, and I don't trust Disney to go mucking around with it and leave what everyone loves intact. If they could JUST add capacity and change nothing else, then okay. But truly, I just hope they leave it alone.

I think it's very nostalgic for everyone, so you get families with little kids going on it & adults who loved it as kids. Every time someone asks about it they say something like "I loved it as a kid so I wanted to ride it" or something to that effect. I noticed it a few years ago (when I said that lol) and that's when the line was starting to get reeeeeeally long. Also I agree that they just can't get as many people onto it as POC or Small World. The new queue is really cute though so I don't mind the wait toooo much!

Can the existing track and supports handle an extra 400+ pounds per vehicle? These are the kinds of subtleties that make armchair quarterbacking easy and actual gameplay hard.

Can the existing track and supports handle an extra 400+ pounds per vehicle? These are the kinds of subtleties that make armchair quarterbacking easy and actual gameplay hard.

Yes we don't want another Yeti issue.

BTW I've only sort of come back to these boards after being off for awhile*. How's Betty doing these days. :confused3:rolleyes:

* Its been 3 and half years since I've been to WDW and have no future plans to go back. :sad1:

I am fresh back from a weekend trip and thinking about things at the parks. One is PPF...I love the ride, mainly because it's nostalgic for me. I did not get to ride it this time, we used our fast passes for other attractions, and the wait time was 60-75 minutes all day. And while I do love it, I'm not willing to wait that long for it.

So now I'm wondering, why doesn't it always have such a long wait? It's not a thrill ride, it's not the latest thing to be added, nor does it have new technology. For me it's nostalgic; but the ride itself is over so quickly. Why do you think it always has such a long line?
People go to Disney just as much for nostalgia as to see new things. Maybe more.

I think it's a circular problem. Because it's slow loading and limited capacity, it has long lines, and because it has long lines, people think there must be more to it than there really is, so it's on most people's "must" list. So it gets a lot of FP usage, which increases the Sb line, which increases the assumption it's a must-do.

You've also got to add that a hefty amount of hourly capacity is given to FP+, increasing standby wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter