Pete's statement on todays podcast!

What happened to everyone is entitled to their opinion.... I personally think that any other person that takes part in that podcast would be better at hosting than JL

What happened to everyone is entitled to their opinion.... I personally think that any other person that takes part in that podcast would be better at hosting than JL

What I often teach my middle schoolers is that being honest is fine, but there is fine a line between honest and just plain mean. Something to consider here, I think.

I prefer JL hosting over the usual Dustin tbh.
I would like Corey to host a show one time, tho.

He's just happy to be here.

But yes, I agree. Way back in the day when Pete "retired" and everyone took their turn hosting shows, it was fun to see everyone's different styles.

Hmmm, I've been away from this thread for a while but just read through the last two pages. Some interesting opinions and its obvious that people are very attached to this podcast.

I don't always agree with everything that's said on a particular podcast. I'd be amazed if I did. But I wonder if just because I might disagree with a particular statement that this is the kind of thing that Dustin had in mind when he posted the question in the first place. Isn't the intent to find what works and doesn't work for the podcast as a whole? Perhaps suggestions for new things or a different way of presenting things?

???? I didnt say anything mean whatsoever... I didnt swear or use derogatory language or attack anyones character. I just gave my opinion.

Nine crayons responded to my comment and I responded back is all. If thats what u were referring to even lol

???? I didnt say anything mean whatsoever.. I just gave my opinion.

Just because it's your option doesn't make it nice or even appropriate.

Opinions:
"I think your fat"
"I think your stupid"
"I think your ugly"

All of these are opinions. None of them are kind or appropriate and neither was yours. Thats my opinion

We are real people doing the very best we can. If you are truly unhappy with things, there are options.

In the spirit of "constructive criticism and feedback", I would suggest that you learn to get past it.

???? I didnt say anything mean whatsoever... I didnt swear or use derogatory language or attack anyones character. I just gave my opinion.

Again, what I would tell middle schoolers.

Truthful: I prefer other hosts to JL or I really prefer it when __________________ hosts.

Mean: Any other person that takes part in that podcast would be better at hosting than JL

Both are stating your opinion, but one is definitely ruder than the others.

i apologize Kevin....I honestly didnt mean it the way u guys interpreted it. I was wrong and I know it. Im honestly a good person and I try to raise my daughter the right way and that wasnt a good example at all.

Thanks! I truly appreciate this.

Interpretation is hard on the internet.

There are no clues as to how to read something.

Thanks for letting us know.

I listened to the 28th podcast today, and I haven't had a chance to listen to the other, but I was so moved by Pete's rant. I add my way to go! I actually started tearing up (in a good way, I promise).

Thank you Pete for being so supportive!

Just because it's your option doesn't make it nice or even appropriate.

Opinions:
"I think your fat"
"I think your stupid"
"I think your ugly"

All of these are opinions. None of them are kind or appropriate and neither was yours. Thats my opinion

We are real people doing the very best we can. If you are truly unhappy with things, there are options.

In the spirit of "constructive criticism and feedback", I would suggest that you learn to get past it.

I appreciate your insight here. Truly, you have my respect.

This may be one of the most tasteless question I have ever seen posted on an internet board. Astonishingly rude.
You haven't been around the Internet long enough, then.

Edit: I see we went there already. Never mind. ;)

Well Pete, as ever I found you rant to be well founded and pretty inspiring. Regardless of whether a viewer/listener agrees or likes the comments made on the show they made a conscious choice to expose themselves to such when hitting play. If these nay sayers are to attack anyone it is simply themselves for not appropriately risk assessing on whether their sensitive ears and or eyes could take such comments. I mean really though, JL was awesome she is clearly an intelligent and passionate woman, and I think this is what sparks criticism, good old fashioned jealousy.
Well done girls the show was great!
Also Well Done Pete! Your defensive nature towards your staff shows what a great person you are!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter