Petition against SB on Main Street, USA!

Your joking right? A petition?? Please tell me you people have better things to do with your time...:confused3

HA! I have no problem with this because what I am doing with my time is drinking coffee, eating croissants and reading the DIS .... and threads like this make it even more indulgent :teeth:

Carry on :thumbsup2

I think what some people are missing, is that people are upset that the bakery is leaving--and it is. Yes, there is corporate sponsorship everywhere. Yes, they will sell Disney items in the store as well as Starbucks. But this will NOT be the Main Street Bakery, proudly serving Starbucks coffee--it will be a Starbucks that sells some pre-made Disney pastries and desserts. This sounds like it will become like Starring Rolls over in HS, or the Writer's Stop there.

I think what many of us came to the MS Bakery for--warm cinnamon rolls served off the hot pan, the chocolate crumb cake, etc will not be there. MS Bakery was pretty much one of a kind in all of WDW--there are lots of places that serve coffee and pastries, but only MS Bakery felt like you were buying something that was just made in the back kitchen (even if that was not the reality). I honestly think it will feel like a merge between Starring Rolls and Writer's Stop--nice places to visit, not overly commercialized, but NOT the bakery.

I think what some people are missing, is that people are upset that the bakery is leaving--and it is. Yes, there is corporate sponsorship everywhere. Yes, they will sell Disney items in the store as well as Starbucks. But this will NOT be the Main Street Bakery, proudly serving Starbucks coffee--it will be a Starbucks that sells some pre-made Disney pastries and desserts. This sounds like it will become like Starring Rolls over in HS, or the Writer's Stop there.

I think what many of us came to the MS Bakery for--warm cinnamon rolls served off the hot pan, the chocolate crumb cake, etc will not be there. MS Bakery was pretty much one of a kind in all of WDW--there are lots of places that serve coffee and pastries, but only MS Bakery felt like you were buying something that was just made in the back kitchen (even if that was not the reality). I honestly think it will feel like a merge between Starring Rolls and Writer's Stop--nice places to visit, not overly commercialized, but NOT the bakery.

But we don't know that they won't be served :confused3

Things change. I have a huge hardback book I bought in Disney back in 1988 - the place looks totally different to what it is now and my DD11 looks through it saying 'wow, did you go there?'. I'm sure back then, as each of those places closed/changed plenty of people complained as they are doing now .... but one thing those changes didn't do was change the magic of Disney, its still there and it still makes millions of families happy year in, year out.

And you know this for a fact? You can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they will no longer serve the cinnamon rolls, cake, etc.?

There is nothing that says they are getting rid of any of that. You have taken snippets of a press release and decided what it means before getting real evidence. Nothing makes a person look more foolish than when they go off half-cocked due to lack of information. That, and signing a petition with errors in it.

This is terrible. It feels like a huge middle finger to Disney Fans! MSB was always our first stop for a coffee and pastry in the morning and a hot chocolate and cupcake at night. I refuse to stop at the starbucks location. I honestly hope this is a huge failure! :(

Believe me, for each "enraged" park goer not buying at this new and improved location, there will be a few thousand more buyers just in awe of it all.

On the contrary of what some DISers and WDWMAGICers believe, Disney is NOT there for just your enjoyment. The Disney CORPORATION will make a ton of money out of this.

And I'll gladly give them mine. :hyper:

The Disney Park blogs post states that items from the MSB will still be served. Not WHICH items, but since those overpriced cinnamon rolls are also available elsewhere (Gaston's) I'm sure those will still be present.

And I highly doubt Disney would even bring up how the Starbucks employee uniforms themselves would be themed to fit into the Main Street Atmosphere if they were planning on making the rest of the place look like a generic coffee shop.

:confused3

Ummm....I don't think any of us know any thing "for a fact" except that there is a change. But I was under the impression this was a forum where people shared ideas and opinions--which I was doing. This would be a pretty quiet place if people just posted facts each day!!

In addition, many posters have referenced the DL Fiddler, Fife (not sure of exact name and don't want to mislead with untrue facts!!) as what this will probably be--and while that certainly looks nice, it looks much more like a traditional coffee bar like Writer's Stop or Starring Rolls---things in cases, etc. that is NOT what MS Bakery is now. That is why some people are disappointed.

I will wait to hear others report on their facts!!

I love the bit about the small town atmosphere of Main Street. Even small towns have Starbucks now.

Where is the petition for those of us who support this move?

In one way I am thrilled to have a Starbucks. It and Krispy Kreme are the only 2 places I can get a cup of coffee with Splenda and soy milk. I can finally enjoy coffee in the parks

Ummm....I don't think any of us know any thing "for a fact" except that there is a change. But I was under the impression this was a forum where people shared ideas and opinions--which I was doing. This would be a pretty quiet place if people just posted facts each day!!

In addition, many posters have referenced the DL Fiddler, Fife (not sure of exact name and don't want to mislead with untrue facts!!) as what this will probably be--and while that certainly looks nice, it looks much more like a traditional coffee bar like Writer's Stop or Starring Rolls---things in cases, etc. that is NOT what MS Bakery is now. That is why some people are disappointed.

I will wait to hear others report on their facts!!

Well, when there is a thread asking people to take an action, i.e. sign a petition, then facts are kind of necessary.

Getting rid of giant cinnamon rolls would be a heretical as getting rid of Dole Whips!

(And I finally thought i started a new tradition last trip when i got a sandwich and a home-made ice cream sandwich my last trip, too) :confused3

Getting rid of giant cinnamon rolls would be a heretical as getting rid of Dole Whips!

(And I finally thought i started a new tradition last trip when i got a sandwich and a home-made ice cream sandwich my last trip, too) :confused3

The same rolls are available at Gaston's in FLE. And they'll likely still be offered at MSB; the blog states some of MSB's offerings will remain.

The ice cream sandwich is available at numerous other locations, it is not unique to MSB so it can't really be mourned.

OP, I don't know if you are the one that wrote that petition, but there is no such thing as "Walt Disney Park".

I love the bit about the small town atmosphere of Main Street. Even small towns have Starbucks now.

Where is the petition for those of us who support this move?

Key word "Now", Main Street designed to look like old place, not small town today.

~The Starbucks over at Universal looks very nice. But, I think the Main St. bakery is a gem, it's the only one in the world. But, I guess Disney finds no value in that, and feels copying from Universal's strategy is a much better fit. I think Universal's store looks great, so I am a little bit more optimistic about Disney's Starbucks! :goodvibes

new-to-uso1.jpg

~I will miss the bakery, though. :(

It's not the only one on the "world", there is one at Disneyland. Or did you mean WDW "world"?

Personally I couldn't care less about the coffee, but if they replace my cinnamon rolls with nasty Starbuck's pastries (and they are nasty), that makes me sad. The only reason I ever stand in the everlasting line at MSB is for those ooey gooey cinnamon rolls. I will never frequent a Starbucks location.

I heard rumors, though, that I will be able to find the cinnamon rolls in New Fantasyland. Can anyone confirm?

Yes, they are available at Gaston's Tavern :thumbsup2

Actually the statement says the bakery is closing for refurbishment not that it's closing. It does, however, say that Fountain View is closing in EPCOT. People seem to skip over those two parts.

~dismom73, I hope you're right! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

~Here is the press release for the Starbucks in DCA.

~Starbucks Coming to DCA

~Now here is the press release for the Magic Kingdom's Starbucks.

~Starbucks at Magic Kingdom

~The Starbucks at DCA is clearly described as being located "inside" the Fiddler Cafe. The Starbucks at Magic Kingdom "will replace the bakery" outright, and may continue to offer a few of the bakery favorites, big difference, imo.

~I'm sure the Starbucks will be nice, just like the other 20,000 locations in the world, lol. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter