Pfizer news from today

I think it’s still too early to be optimistic. I’ll wait until the US and Canada both start rolling out the immunizations before I start being hopeful about my upcoming trips (March and October 2021).

There’s been positive vaccine news a couple of times already, but results can change and orders can be cancelled / delayed / forcibly seized by another country.

So I’m happy about the bounce in the stock market for my portfolio. I am neutral on what this means for my Disney trips.

I think it’s still too early to be optimistic. I’ll wait until the US and Canada both start rolling out the immunizations before I start being hopeful about my upcoming trips (March and October 2021).

There’s been positive vaccine news a couple of times already, but results can change and orders can be cancelled / delayed / forcibly seized by another country.

So I’m happy about the bounce in the stock market for my portfolio. I am neutral on what this means for my Disney trips.
So true, but I don't think we're going to make that mistake twice. :sad2: It's both sad and infuriating that Canada was robbed of active participation in vaccine trials and the previously-agreed upon right to Canadian production of it by CanSino. Even more egregious that they used a patented "cell line" owned (for lack of a better term) by the Canadian government and funding from Canada.
https://ipolitics.ca/2020/08/17/can...hinas-customs-was-created-with-canadian-tech/

Last edited:
That’s really not how RNA vaccines work. Nothing is being altered in your cells, and your DNA is not being modified either. All an RNA vaccine does, to put it simply, is to provide your body with something that could be seen as a “recipe” which shows it how to create an antibody to a specific protein (in this case, the spike protein). An RNA vaccine cannot change any molecular composition of cells and cannot “overwrite” anything that is currently there. It’s simply a roadmap to creating an antibody. It’s seen as much safer than traditional vaccines for the very reason that it simply cannot disrupt existing DNA or cell structure.

Thank you for explaining further. There is so much hype around vaccines and whether we should / shouldn't / have to.

This has been a great thread to read thru -- love me some solid science! Just want to mention something that I seem to be needing to tell a LOT of people in my circles lately (family, friends, regular cashiers i see, I'm NOT in any "bubble" with anyone other than my hubby, just mean people i come into contact with either virtually or when I'm properly masked & distanced BTW) - we need to remember that we're not living in a movie. There will not be a magical switch thrown when a vaccine is ready and POOF, the entire world will be vaccinated and the virus will be gone. It's great news that there are several promising vaccines that will be ready to go soon-ish but it will take a looong time till everyone who is willing and able to get one actually receives one. Just look at Ontario & the flu shots this year .. can't keep the danged stuff in stock and when we went for ours it took a solid 20 minutes from when we checked in, the paper work was completed, the vaccine was drawn up into the needle and we were poked.

Just look at Ontario & the flu shots this year .. can't keep the danged stuff in stock and when we went for ours it took a solid 20 minutes from when we checked in, the paper work was completed, the vaccine was drawn up into the needle and we were poked.

We are in Ontario and spent 2 hours in a Shoppers Drug Mart from checkin to getting the needle. And then, the pharmacist refused to give my husband the vaccine because he fainted getting a vaccine in high school (despite high school being 20+ years ago and successfully getting the flu vaccine for years from his office flu vaccine day). Unfortunately, since everyone at his company is working from home, the company didn't organize someone to come in and do flu vaccines this year.

We are in Ontario and spent 2 hours in a Shoppers Drug Mart from checkin to getting the needle. And then, the pharmacist refused to give my husband the vaccine because he fainted getting a vaccine in high school (despite high school being 20+ years ago and successfully getting the flu vaccine for years from his office flu vaccine day). Unfortunately, since everyone at his company is working from home, the company didn't organize someone to come in and do flu vaccines this year.
That’s crazy, how would pharmacy even know he fainted 20 yrs ago?
I’d try a different pharmacy!
We’re in BC, no queue for flu shots. I think we didn’t wait over 5 min. And we went on different days.

That’s crazy, how would pharmacy even know he fainted 20 yrs ago?
I’d try a different pharmacy!
We’re in BC, no queue for flu shots. I think we didn’t wait over 5 min. And we went on different days.

They asked if he's had a reaction to vaccines in the past, and he was honest. Our youngest still needs her shot (she was at her gymnastics class when we went), so they've got an appointment at our doctor's office for next week.

They asked if he's had a reaction to vaccines in the past, and he was honest. Our youngest still needs her shot (she was at her gymnastics class when we went), so they've got an appointment at our doctor's office for next week.
My brother used to pass out having blood tests lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter