Phantom Manor Lift Scene

TeamJones22

Cashback!
Hello all,

Im a bit of a Disneyland Paris geek and so i know the stories behind the rides etc, and i know all about the Henry Ravenswood and the earthquake story behind Phantom Manor and everything.
I also know that, at the end of the Phantom Manor lift/stretching room scene when the top of the room flashes and the Phantom laughs you are supposed to be able to see the Phantom hanging the Groom from the ceiling in a noose; however i must have been on Phantom Manor about 20-30 times over the years and ive never ever been able to see it!

Ive even been sad enough to download a video of the ride and pause it on the exact moment it happens but still nothing. Im just wondering, is it just me or can nobody see it? Am i looking at it in the wrong way or something like that?!

Thanks for your help!

Hello, I'm a bit of a dlp geek too!

When I was younger I used to be able to see the man being hung, but usually chose to cover my eyes with my hat :laughing:

The past few times I've been however, I haven't been able to spot it like I used to :confused:

You can see it now :thumbsup2

I'd never ever seen it and was really suprised when I went after the last rehab and saw it

It's still there (saw it yesterday :lmao:) so on your next visit you should be in luck :goodvibes

Loving this thread as Phantom Manor and Haunted Mansion are my fav attractions! I love that they're quite different and have done a lot of research into them too as I am slightly obsessed :rolleyes1. I actually think Phantom Manor is a lot 'darker' than Haunted Mansion and I especially love it's creepier look on the outside.

Did you know that Phantom Manor Octagonal room is actually a concealed lift and you do go down, whereas the Haunted Mansion in WDW the ceiling actually goes up :thumbsup2 useless fact of the day! :laughing:

I too have had problems seeing it in the past, hoping to visit again soon so will make sure I see it this time ::yes::

Carrie_Cat - do you know if they have any Phantom Manor merch in any of the shops at the moment? Thanks!

Carrie_Cat - do you know if they have any Phantom Manor merch in any of the shops at the moment? Thanks!

Have you seen the framed pin they do? It is really cool, they held a pin event a few years back and they have done a limited edition framed set with a pin of Tinkerbell as the Bride, with an artists sketch of the pin included. There is one for sale on eBay at the moment but is overpriced as we saw one for sale in a shop on Main street and one in the DLH. They also made a lanyard as well, which my fiancée has and every time we go on Phantom Manor the CM always fawns over it. Apologies if you have seen this already :)

Have you seen the framed pin they do? It is really cool, they held a pin event a few years back and they have done a limited edition framed set with a pin of Tinkerbell as the Bride, with an artists sketch of the pin included. There is one for sale on eBay at the moment but is overpriced as we saw one for sale in a shop on Main street and one in the DLH. They also made a lanyard as well, which my fiancée has and every time we go on Phantom Manor the CM always fawns over it. Apologies if you have seen this already :)

ooh no I haven't seen that, will keep my eyes open for it :thumbsup2 Had a quick look on ebay but couldn't seem to find it. The lanyard sounds good - feel free to post any piccys! love looking at people's collections :goodvibes

ooh no I haven't seen that, will keep my eyes open for it :thumbsup2 Had a quick look on ebay but couldn't seem to find it. The lanyard sounds good - feel free to post any piccys! love looking at people's collections :goodvibes

There is a picture of the framed pin on pinpics here It looks great in real life, we were so close to buying it but our suitcase was so full we didn't want to risk damaging it.

This is the lanyard we have I don't have it with me so can't post a picture of it unfortunately!

I think it's hard to spot/ work out what exactly you are seeing because you are stood directly underneath, once you've worked out you're looking at the soles of the grooms shoes you have it sorted. Bit like a magic eye pic....once you know exactly what you're looking at you can spot it more easily! :rotfl:

I also read you are meant to be able to see the phantom that hung the groom, but I don't think that's ever been something I've seen! :confused:

Did you know that Phantom Manor Octagonal room is actually a concealed lift and you do go down, whereas the Haunted Mansion in WDW the ceiling actually goes up :thumbsup2 useless fact of the day! :laughing:

Spent lots of last trip arguing about this - so thanks for clarifying!!!

We saw the lift scene on last visit - first time for me in several visits over 15+yrs and much spookier! I think lots of the lights and effects had been fixed in PM.

I also read you are meant to be able to see the phantom that hung the groom, but I don't think that's ever been something I've seen! :confused:

This is what you're supposed to be able to see, but I've only ever seen the groom. I read that it's hard to see because of dust problems on the ceilings and it's much better once they've been cleaned

faq_stretch_attic.jpg

This is what you're supposed to be able to see, but I've only ever seen the groom. I read that it's hard to see because of dust problems on the ceilings and it's much better once they've been cleaned

faq_stretch_attic.jpg

That's more or less what you can see atm and if that dust issue is right it would be normal seeing as the last refurb wasn't that long ago :)

I was there from Sunday to Friday and i saw the skeleton in the top hat who i now presume to be the phantom but did not see him hanging someone, must try harder next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter