Phantom of the Opera

this is one of my favorites! i saw it on broadway in new york and fell in love instantly!

go see it!

I call it a snooze.... I couldn't stand it. The sound you're hearing now is me going up in flames :rotfl: .

I saw the title of this thread and had to read it to see if any one else didn't like it! So you're not alone!

The book (the novel, not the play book) is a wonderful story. Much more on the macabre end that the musical. The musical grates my nerves. I finally figured out why when watching the movie. It's because the phantom's music is so far off from the rest of the score. I understand that the character of the phantom was trying to push the musical boundaries and yadda yadda yadda, but I really think it could have been done in a much better way. I really think that Lloyd Webber took the easy way out with his choices on this one.

But then again, it's made millions of dollars, who am I to judge.

Personally, give me some Sondheim.

Definitely a love story. A stalker love story, but love nonetheless.

Saw the Broadway version - liked the movie better (I just love me some Gerry Butler!). Although the costumes during "Masquerade" were better on Broadway.

I loved this movie. And did you notice that he has such sexy lips. With the mask on that is what I kept noticing.

How would you describe it? Would you say it is a love story?

It is such an incredible, romantic, tragic love story. Even I got teary-eyed. You can't help but feel for the Phantom's pain...having a love that will never be fulfilled. And to see his true love with someone else...:sad1:

I still remember that show as if I saw it yesterday...and its been a few years now.

Couldn't have said it better:thumbsup2 Loved Gerard Butler as the Phantom in the movie:lovestruc

Definately a love story! :love: I love the play but Gerard Butler stole my heart. If he was my phantom, I'd follow him down that tunnel and never come back out!

My favorite number is Past the Point of No Return. It is so sensual...:faint: Oh, I better calm down. It's too early in the morning for this! ;)

I've got the soundtrack on CD. It sounds sooooo good cranked up on the surround sound!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 Gives me goosebumps!

popcorn:: dd13 bought the movie and soundtrack, we then went on vacation this summer to Washington, DC and we had the chance to see it at the Kennedy Center....wow even dh loved it........:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter