PHM Weekend + I'm Stuck at Disney World *Updated 6/28!

Wow! I'm so happy that you finished! I have been last in many, many a 5k, due to serious shin splints and calf tightness, so I totally understand. I could feel your pain as I was reading! :sad: That is tough to deal with, and you made it! Great job! pixiedust:

Love your trip report! Congrats on pushing through and finishing! What an accomplishment!

Wow! I'm so happy that you finished! I have been last in many, many a 5k, due to serious shin splints and calf tightness, so I totally understand. I could feel your pain as I was reading! :sad: That is tough to deal with, and you made it! Great job! pixiedust:

Thanks! And of course you know that it's not about whether we finished last or not but the fact that we finished! Have you done a Disney 5k?

Love your trip report! Congrats on pushing through and finishing! What an accomplishment!

Thanks so much! After that race I swore I'd never do another half marathon….but I'm definitely gonna do more than one more! :yay:

Now, on with the show!
Monday, February 23, 2015.

I should have been picked up by Disney's Magical Express on this morning to get to the airport and make my journey back home after participating and finishing my first half marathon, but there was an ice storm and my flight back to Texas was cancelled. The first flight that the airline could get me on was scheduled for Wednesday morning. So now, I'm stuck at Disney World for 2 more days.

Oh, darn.

Now that the initial shock of the situation had passed and I was sure that my kids were ok and being taking care of for the extra time that I was away, my excitement was setting in! I was going to have to check out of the room at Coronado Springs by 11am, but that gave me plenty of time to get my stuff packed and get some breakfast with Shari before I had to make my way to All Star Sports.

We took our time getting ready and Shari packed her bags since she was leaving later that day, then we made our way to eat at Pepper Market. I got French toast with eggs and bacon. Mmmmmm....bacon. Sorry, I pretty much never take pictures of my food so I forgot to get a picture before I began eating.

French Toast, Scrambled Eggs and Bacon from Pepper Market

Before we had breakfast I walked with Shari to the front desk and Bell Services where she got her Magical Express info corrected and dropped her bags off. There were a few hiccups with this process as I recall. Shari overall ended up not being that impressed with Coronado Springs. Her breakfast was even wrong.... I have to say I liked it enough that I ended up booking the vacation with my kids in March here. :)

I'd already talked to a Cast Member at Coronado Springs and learned that the easiest way for me to get moved over to Sports was to just take one of the resort buses over to a park and transfer by bus from there to All Star Sports. The CM told me that I could check my bags with Bell Services and that they would transfer those over to my new room later in the day, but I only had a carry on and my camera bag so she said I was more than welcome to just take those on the bus with me. I decided I was going to take my carry on with me. I planned to check in early and then do my laundry and just sit by the pool or something similar while I waited for my room to be ready. Check in time isn't until 4pm and I calculated that I'd probably get to All Star Sports around noon.

I said bye to Shari as she headed back to the parks one last time before her flight out later in the day, and then I decided to walk around the resort a bit since I hadn't really seen the Dig Site Pool area or much else of Coronado Springs while I was there. My legs were feeling better but that stupid blister I got during the race was still slightly problematic.

It was around 10am when I started walking around the resort. As you can see, it was cloudy but I still thought it was nice. I decided it was time to head back to the room to make sure I had all of my things packed and to just sit for a few minutes before it was time to check out and head to All Star Sports. Instead, I got lost and couldn't figure out how to get to my room. :/ Coronado Springs is pretty big considering I have only stayed at the Disney Value resorts and I've grown accustomed to staying at Pop which is a lot smaller than Coronado.

I was just taking wrong turns every time thinking I was headed towards building 7B...but I'd end up at 7A or somehow turn myself around and end back up near the Dig Site. I'm not usually bad with directions but I couldn't figure out where I was going wrong. I finally flagged down a resort Cast Member and asked which way to get to 7B, and I finally made it back to the room at about 10:55am. I double checked the room and made sure I had everything and then headed to the bus stop so that I could get to the El Centro bus stop.

I decided I'd just get on the first park bus that showed up, and that ended up being a bus to Magic Kingdom. I got pretty lucky and I didn't have to wait for the bus from Magic Kingdom to All Star Sports for very long at all. Before I knew it, I was walking into the lobby of All Star Sports! Next time I'll start with my check in there!

Last edited:

Yay for extra Disney time! Sorry you had to move rooms, but its usually a pretty painless experience!

Love your pics of CSR. Such a pretty resort!

How did you feel the day after the 1/2? I felt pretty good until I couldn't get out of my space mountain car! :rotfl2:

Yay for extra Disney time! Sorry you had to move rooms, but its usually a pretty painless experience!

Love your pics of CSR. Such a pretty resort!

How did you feel the day after the 1/2? I felt pretty good until I couldn't get out of my space mountain car! :rotfl2:

Yeah, it was pretty easy switching resorts! I have more pictures of CSR that I'll post when I do the trip report from March! It was sunny in March so it was even more beautiful then!

The day after the half I felt pretty good. A little sore but the biggest problem was that gnarly blister on my big toe! I didn't pop it because it was right where it would keep rubbing and hurt more if I did. I ended up doing a lot of walking the day after….as you'll see in the next part of my TR! :crutches: <------- this was NOT me the day after but that's a cute smilie! Lol

Here's the little bit of video from the actual race day!

Check in time at All Star Sports! There are lots of pictures in the post! Enjoy!

Monday February 23, 2015 (continued)
I walked into the lobby of All Star Sports and found it decorated with lots of balloons. A couple of people who had just finished checking in were carrying balloons away with them so I'm not sure if it was a special event or if the Cast Members were just handing out balloons randomly...but it was pretty festive looking!

Lobby of All Star Sports
I was helped almost right away and I got checked in quickly but the Cast Member that helped me went above and beyond by calling someone (in housekeeping, maybe?) and finding a room that was ready! That was such a big help and I was so glad that I could go ahead and get settled into my room! So once I received my room assignment, I headed out. I was in Building 4 which is in the Center Court area. Obviously it's a tennis themed section. Here's some of my views along the way!

After the short walk to building 4, I found room number 4328 only to find that my MagicBand would not work to open the door. I double and triple checked the room number on my resort map that I received at the front desk and tried my band about 4 times just to make sure it wasn't user error. But nope...my MagicBand had lost its magic....

This was the first time that I've ever had a problem getting into a room at Disney World. I've been lucky enough to not have had a faulty key card, Key to the World Card, or MagicBand up until this moment. So yes, I had to walk back to the lobby to get my MagicBand reprogrammed so that I could get into my room. But really, considering that all I had planned for the day was laundry and resting, I wasn't too upset.

Once I got my MagicBand situation sorted out, I got into my room! Yay! All of the Disney Value Resort rooms pretty much look the same on the inside (except for slight differences in things like curtain patterns, carpet color, bedding patterns and such) but it had been several years since I'd stayed at Sports. It seemed like it had been remodeled since the last time I'd been there and of course the little mini fridge (or drink cooler...whatever you want to call it...it keeps perishable stuff plenty cold) was one of the newest things since those were added to all of the Values only a few years ago.

I took a few minutes to unpack my toiletries and I changed into my "I Did it!" race shirt because it was the only other clean shirt I had. I wanted to go wash my clothes so that I would have clean clothes for the next 2 mornings and just to have everything clean. I stretched my legs a little again before heading out to find the guest laundry facility.

I ended up going to the laundry room next to the main pool which is called the Surfboard Bay Pool. I got my clothes started in the washer and the posted sign informed me that the wash and dry cycles were 30 minutes each. Originally I planned to just sit and relax near the pool while my clothes were washing, but I'd already figured out that too much sitting down made my legs start getting stiff and sore all over again. So I decided to walk all around the resort while I waited for my clothes to be done. I don't necessarily encourage anyone to leave their clothes unattended in the laundry room, there have definitely been times that people have had their clothing taken from the washers or dryers, but I didn't feel too worried about my stuff getting stolen so I went exploring.

I went to each section of the All Star Sports Resort before I went back to check on my clothes. I still had a couple of minutes to wait once I got back to the laundry room before I could move my stuff over to the dryers. Since I'd already walked around all of the Sports resort and I had another 30 minutes to wait for my clothes to dry, I decided to head over to All Star Music which is right next to Sports.

It was very nostalgic to walk around the Music resort because I stayed here so many times with my family when I was younger. I didn't get around to all of this resort but I saw enough to make me remember the fun trips and good times with my sister and our parents! :)

By now I needed to get back to the laundry room at Sports, so I made my way there. When I got back to check on my clothes, most everything was dry but a few things were still damp and I still had some time on the dryers. Once everything was done I got all of my clothes folded and neatly into the mesh bag that I'd received at the end of the half marathon the day before. I walked to Stadium Hall and made a stop at the End Zone food court to grab a few snacks before heading back to my room. I spent the rest of the day watching television, calling my kids and taking a much needed nap before grabbing some dinner.

It was a nice and relaxing day but I was excited that I was going to hit the parks one last time the next day. I already had plans to go to all four parks and since I'd be touring solo I knew it was gonna be easy to do!

Wow!! Great TR so far!! Congrats on finishing the half!! I can't imagine the roller coaster of finding out you'd be staying at Disney....taking care of everything...and then getting to stay at Disney!!! Looking forward to hearing what you did with the bonus Disney time!

Well, my extra time being stuck at Disney World is ending quickly! Time to get to the parks one last time before I head home!

Tuesday February 24, 2015
So, I was lucky enough to have a park hopper ticket for one more day at the Disney World parks. I got up early and got ready to go to Epcot. I'd already made FastPass+ selections the day before for Animal Kingdom but I wanted to get to Epcot at rope drop to ride a few rides first. I also wanted to be able to visit all four parks in one day but my hopes of riding the attractions I wanted to ride were not very high. I hate waiting in long lines and I knew there might be some long lines if I was going to ride some of the things I like the most.

In any case, I got going early and got to Epcot for the 9am rope drop . There were quite a few people there but about 5 minutes before opening, the Cast Members at the entrance opened some other entry stations. For some reason the majority of the people in line flat out refused to go to those lines so a bunch of us moved into those spots and I was almost right at the front of the line to get in now! I started chatting with the family in front of me and found out that they were from Texas too. They live in Houston but turns out they have family who lives in Lubbock which is only 13 miles from where I live! It's a small world, after all. :)

I usually take several pictures of Spaceship Earth
Anywho...once the park opened, I made my way to the first attraction I wanted to ride...Test Track.

Side note: I don't love the new version of Test Track. It's not as entertaining as it used to be, but the outside part at the end is the same and that's my favorite part. So I still like to ride it each visit.

When I got closer to Test Track it showed a 30 minute wait. I'd hoped it was going to be about 15 minutes but I'll take what I can get. It actually wasn't until I got even closer that I remembered that there's a Single Rider line! Yay! And there was literally no one in the single rider line yet...so I walked right on to the ride in less than 5 minutes. Gotta love that! I didn't bother exploring the stuff in the lobby after the ride because I wanted to make it over to ride Soarin'. I checked the wait time on the My Disney Experience app and it was only 15 minutes!

I hustled...or actually hobbled (my blister from the half marathon was hurting already) my way to the Land pavilion and got into the line for Soarin'. I was on it pretty quickly and afterwards I saw that Living With the Land had no one in line. I know a lot of people think Living With the Land is boring, but I still find it interesting, so I walked on to it. Once I finished at the Land pavilion, I tried to decide what to do next. I was doing really well on time, so I planned on checking out Journey Into Imagination with Figment before riding Spaceship Earth.

Yes. I like Journey into Imagination. And Figment. I liked the Dreamfinder version the best, but I still enjoy the current version. Now that I've addressed that unnecessarily, let's move on with our lives.

Ok, so Journey Into Imagination was a walk on, as usual. So after I was done there I headed for Spaceship Earth which was showing only a 20 minute wait. Once I actually reached the attraction, I was debating whether or not to skip it this time and get something to eat instead. I hadn't had breakfast yet and I was starting to get a rumbly in my tumbly. Ultimately, I chose to skip Spaceship Earth and head to Animal Kingdom to get something to eat and use my FastPass+ I had for Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safari and Festival of the Lion King.

It was a little before 10am when I headed to the Epcot exit. I decided it would be nice to ride the monorail over to the Ticket and Transportation center and then take a bus to Animal Kingdom. But I remembered that there have been some instances of the monorail breaking down mid-ride and I didn't want to take the chance that I might get stuck and miss my Expedition Everest FastPass+. So I ended up just taking the bus from Epcot to AK.

By the time I arrived at Animal Kingdom, it was about 10:30am, and since my FastPass+ wasn't until 11am I decided to get something to eat first. As I've mentioned in previous posts, I'm not a foodie. I pretty much stick with your basic counter service choices and since Pizzafari is kind of where my kids always want to eat while we're at Animal Kingdom, I decided pizza was a good idea! It was a nice, relaxing breakfast and I ended up chatting with the family sitting a couple of tables away. That conversation was mostly about running shoes and cats. I don't remember how it even got to that, but it did.

After my late breakfast, I had enough time to casually make my way to Expedition Everest.

My wait once I arrived to Expedition Everest was less than 10 minutes which meant that once I was done I had about an hour to wait for my FastPass+ for Kilimanjaro Safari. I thought about the fact that I'd rather ride a few of the attractions at Disney's Hollywood Studios instead so I talked to a Cast Member at a FastPass+ kiosk. I found out that if I cancelled my existing 2 FP+ reservations, I would not be able to make any more the rest of the day. Hmmm. But if I let them expire, then I could try adding FP+ for other rides at DHS later.

I decided to go ahead and head to the bus stop and make my way over to Hollywood Studios. So next time, I'll be trying my luck at the popular rides there!

Great "extra" day so far...looking forward to seeing how it turns out at HS with your FP+ etc. You managed to get a lot in at Epcot and AK already though...it's kinda cool that with an "extra" day...you probably didn't feel pressured to get that much done because you hadn't really expected to be there at all...that's kind of awesome. Even though you ended up doing tons...it may have been more relaxed...if that makes any sense lol. Oh and I'm "Land" lover too :)

It's definitely more relaxed to go to the parks alone because I can go where I want and ride what I want at my own pace. If my blister hadn't been bothering me I probably would have tried doing more at AK and just go with the flow as the day went on. You made perfect sense! Lol

It's time for the final installment of my Stuck at Disney World trip report! It took me long enough to get this posted…:scared:

Alrighty then...so after visiting and riding a few rides at Epcot and Animal Kingdom, I was ready to try my luck at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Because it was after noon, I knew I needed to get to Toy Story Midway Mania first. The line for that ride just gets longer as the afternoon rolls around.

The Standby wait time was posted as 55 minutes. I couldn't even attempt to book a FastPass+ yet, and really, the chances that I was going to get one for this attraction were slim to none. So I waited in line for a little less than an hour. Even riding alone, this was super fun! If I was more patient, I would have gotten back in line to ride it again. When I left Toy Story Mania, I noticed that it had rained while I was inside. Score one for not getting rained on for once! My next target was Rock N' Roller Coaster.

This line moved pretty quickly and though I don't recall what the wait time was posted as, I remember that I was on the ride in about 20 minutes. There's not a separate Single Rider line at Rock N' Roller Coaster but you can sometimes get onto the ride quicker when you're going solo. About the time that I got done here, my friend Kenn messaged me and let me know he was at Hollywood Studios too. So I waited for him to meet me and we got in line for RnR again. :)

Edited to add: My good friend Shari just texted me to mention that there IS a separate, legit single rider line at Rock N' Roller Coaster. My bad...I have never tried riding this where the line was long enough for them to open it, I guess. During this trip, there was just the Standby and FP+ lines open and once I got past the ride's pre-show, a CM was directing single riders to the far left into a separate, short line. Thanks for clearing this up Shari! :)

After I rode the coaster with Kenn, we went to get in line at Tower of Terror. This was another long wait. We waited a little over an hour and I was getting grouchy from waiting. Yes, I'm admitting that I was annoyed at waiting. I usually plan well enough that I don't wait anywhere near an hour for most everything that I want to ride. But since Tower of Terror is one of my favorites, it was still worth the wait!

Once we were done getting dropped a few times in our elevator car, we decided to go to The Great Movie Ride. I absolutely have no memory of the wait time for this attraction, which leads me to believe it was a relatively short wait. Otherwise, I would have remembered being cranky.

I was hoping we'd get the Gangster scene, but we got the Cowboy scene. I've gotten the Cowboy scene the past several times. But at least it was a cute Cowboy. I would have taken a picture of him but I felt like that was just a little too creepy. :/ After our ride through the movies, Kenn and I got something to eat. We already discussed going to Magic Kingdom, but I was going back to my room first so that I could talk to my kids and rest a bit. I'd wanted to watch Wishes, but it was at 8:00pm and I knew I probably wouldn't get to Magic Kingdom until around 9:00. So while Kenn headed on to Magic Kingdom, I headed back to All Star Sports.

I stopped for a selfie with Louie in the courtyard near my room.

After a nice little break, I was ready to head to Magic Kingdom to finish up my 4th park in one day. The park was only open until 11pm, so I wanted to ride as many attractions as possible since I was headed home the next morning. I met back up with Kenn and we started out with Pirates of the Caribbean. Then we rode The Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Splash Mountain before heading towards Tomorrowland.

I know we rode Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and I have a vague memory of riding Space Mountain. I don't remember for sure if we rode Tomorrowland Transit Authority (a.k.a the People Mover) but I love it so much that I feel like I probably made Kenn ride it before we it was time to leave.

The park was about to close so we headed towards the entrance/exit so that we could get to the buses. And right as we began to pass Cinderella Castle, the best thing happened... The Kiss Goodnight started!! This was the first time that I ever saw the Kiss Goodnight in person! I've always left Magic Kingdom before it was done in an effort to avoid the long lines at the buses and ferry boat. That just made my night! I took video of it but of course no pictures since it would just show the castle. There's a clip of The Kiss Goodnight in my Stuck at Disney Part 2 video on my YouTube Channel. I'll eventually post the video of the entire show. Anyway, Kenn and I said goodbye and went our separate ways and on to our resort bus stops.

Once I got back to my room I packed my bag and got ready for bed. I had to be up at the butt crack of dawn to catch Disney's Magical Express back to the Orlando airport and finally head home. Getting stuck at Disney World was so fun! It was unexpected but it turned out to be such a great time!

Last edited:
What a fun unexpected trip extension!! And 4 parks in one day is impressive...and you managed to actually do things at each one...wow!! I don't know that I'll ever have a chance at that but it's something fun to strive for lol

What a fun unexpected trip extension!! And 4 parks in one day is impressive...and you managed to actually do things at each one...wow!! I don't know that I'll ever have a chance at that but it's something fun to strive for lol
It really was a lot of fun! I could have done a lot more if I hadn't needed to take a break. Hopefully one of these years I can attempt to do/see every attraction in the 4 Disney World Parks like some people have done. That's gonna take some major planning though! Lol
Thanks for reading my TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter