Phone Charger

Hey Hey

Mouseketeer
Was wondering if anyone knew if the MCO Airport carries the FuelRod brand phone chargers and how much?

If they don't, does anyone know the brand and price for the phone chargers that the Best Buy Express Zoom Systems in the Airport sells?

I know that they sell the FuelRod brand for $30 in the parks, but was looking for a bit cheaper alternative. Any other ideas are welcome. Won't have a car during the trip, so only staying on site at WDW.

Thanks

Have a mophie charger, which can charge two devices. But a bit heavy to be lugging into the parks. The Allpowers looks pretty good through. Thanks for the ideas.

I just bought an Anker 10,000mh quick charger from Amazon. It was $30 but it is awesome because it is smaller than my phone! Since my phone has Quick Charge, this device will charge it from dead in under an hour. It's about the size of a credit card and about 1/2" thick. Not too heavy either. I can get 3 full charges from this thing...love it!

You're not there yet, correct? I guarantee the prices for the exact same item will be at a steep increase @ the airport or parks for convenience factor, and the selection will be far smaller. If you can buy one ahead of time (I have a Duracell lipstick sized one, and one that's double that no-brand that came with the phone offer at Costco around Christmas) you'll save significantly. I've heard great things about HALO brand as well, though I've never used them, they seem to come in a zillion options so you could get exactly what you want.

I bought a single port jackery and it works great! For our next trip hubs is having me buy the multiple port jackery.

Was wondering if anyone knew if the MCO Airport carries the FuelRod brand phone chargers and how much?

If they don't, does anyone know the brand and price for the phone chargers that the Best Buy Express Zoom Systems in the Airport sells?

I know that they sell the FuelRod brand for $30 in the parks, but was looking for a bit cheaper alternative. Any other ideas are welcome. Won't have a car during the trip, so only staying on site at WDW.

Thanks

I found a list of locations on fuelrod's website. They are $20 at my local airport so I'm gonna give it a try. I have a charger that is awesome but weighs a ton and the cable is ridiculous long. I figure $20
Is a drop in the bucket for my trip so what the heck?'

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I like the idea of being able to swap the empty Fuel Rod for fully charged ones at the Disney Parks. Was hoping they had a station at the airport where they sell them for $10 less than the price at in the parks.

You're not there yet, correct? I guarantee the prices for the exact same item will be at a steep increase @ the airport or parks for convenience factor, and the selection will be far smaller. If you can buy one ahead of time (I have a Duracell lipstick sized one, and one that's double that no-brand that came with the phone offer at Costco around Christmas) you'll save significantly. I've heard great things about HALO brand as well, though I've never used them, they seem to come in a zillion options so you could get exactly what you want.
Correct. Be there next week :yay:

Thanks for all the responses everyone. I like the idea of being able to swap the empty Fuel Rod for fully charged ones at the Disney Parks. Was hoping they had a station at the airport where they sell them for $10 less than the price at in the parks.
Also - the Fuelrod pack you purchase in the park comes with phone charging cables, so that's a bit of a value with it in additional to the swapping capability.

Correct. Be there next week :yay:
I'm pretty sure the Fuel-Rods you can buy on their website includes the cables as well for $10 less. I was hoping there would be a station at MCO Airport selling them for $20 as well, that would be $10 less then Disney is selling them.

I am looking into getting something as well, just not sure which one yet, HOPING to purchase a new phone before leave as well

I like the ankler brand of batteries and chargers. Have many and will buy that brand again in the future without hesitation.

I also agree, if your not traveling a lot where the fuelrod makes sense to keep swaping between flights and such, it's just spending extra money on something you can get much less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter