phone in shorts front pocket. any issues?

first timer here. i have no reason to carry any backpacks or anything so was wondering if anyone has just kept their phone in their front shorts pocket that doesnt have a zipper/button? i know disney isnt like my parks near home with coasters that have crazy upside down turns but just wondering on any the disney rides (MK/epcot/AK) if i'm going to be ok just phone in pocket. havent been to any parks in over a decade but at the one i was at they had wooden cubicles for you to put your glasses and other loose items on the crazy rides. cant imagine today anyone putting expensive cell phones in them though. and i didnt take a phone back then but of course at disney you gotta take pics

only alternative i can think of is cargo shorts which i dont have but the lower pocket with a button seems like an good alternative. does that pocket or even a regular pocket get in the way of any ride safety bars etc?

I would carry a bag, or make sure one of your friends/family members puts your phone in their bag when riding some of the less tame rides. Even some of the rides that are tame and slow can put you in awkward positions where you could lose your phone (e.g., I have known of people losing their phones/glasses on Spaceship Earth). Here are other rides to consider:

Magic Kingdom:
-Space Mountain
- Astro Orbiter
- 7DMT

Epcot:
- Test Track (although you should be fine).

Animal Kingdom:
- Expedition Everest
- Dinosaur

Hollywood:
- RNRC
- Slinky Dog

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I carry a small draw string bag and always put my phone in it. I also carry water, snacks, sun screen, poncho, etc. in it as well. I would highly encourage some sort of bag to take with you. Disney is unlike all other parks and it is good to be prepared.

On my next trip to the parks, I'm planning to use the money belt that I bought for a 2020 trip to Paris and Belfast that never happened due to COVID-19. Women's pockets aren't too great. In slightly colder weather, I have some great fleece jackets with inside pockets and zipper pockets, but that's not a great option when it's 80.

-On Tower of Terror you have to be especially careful with anything on your person. I’ve seen a penny floating in midair.

I'll second the warning for ToT! I had my sun hat on during the ride and during the first big drop, it flew straight up, off of my head! (no chin strap) As we started back up, I snatched it out of mid-air and then sat on it. The person behind me said "NICE catch!" I'm not the biggest fan of the big drop on rides, so my anxiety standing in line kept me from remembering that I had my hat on...

I'll second the warning for ToT! I had my sun hat on during the ride and during the first big drop, it flew straight up, off of my head! (no chin strap) As we started back up, I snatched it out of mid-air and then sat on it. The person behind me said "NICE catch!" I'm not the biggest fan of the big drop on rides, so my anxiety standing in line kept me from remembering that I had my hat on...
Lol. Crazy story. I’m surprised it didn’t fly up again. I sat on my son’s Davy Crockett hat once on Tower of Terror and next thing you know it looked like a raccoon was floating in the air. 😂

On my next trip to the parks, I'm planning to use the money belt that I bought for a 2020 trip to Paris and Belfast that never happened due to COVID-19. Women's pockets aren't too great. In slightly colder weather, I have some great fleece jackets with inside pockets and zipper pockets, but that's not a great option when it's 80.

Was just on here to get money belt suggestions. What type do you have?

first timer here. i have no reason to carry any backpacks or anything so was wondering if anyone has just kept their phone in their front shorts pocket that doesnt have a zipper/button? i know disney isnt like my parks near home with coasters that have crazy upside down turns but just wondering on any the disney rides (MK/epcot/AK) if i'm going to be ok just phone in pocket. havent been to any parks in over a decade but at the one i was at they had wooden cubicles for you to put your glasses and other loose items on the crazy rides. cant imagine today anyone putting expensive cell phones in them though. and i didnt take a phone back then but of course at disney you gotta take pics

only alternative i can think of is cargo shorts which i dont have but the lower pocket with a button seems like an good alternative. does that pocket or even a regular pocket get in the way of any ride safety bars etc?

I always wear cargo shorts (regardless of what the haters say) not just at WDW. I did forget to move my phone from the tech pocket to one of the pockets with closures and lost it on EE one time. I walked back to the unloading area and the CM was holding it waiting for me.

so i delayed my trip this week. wasnt expecting 90s in march. rebooked for next month when it will be cooler :) but am gonna practice meanwhile with my new cargo pants

I’m not exactly sure what happened, but I watched a party of getting out of Aladdins Flying Carpets yesterday and a phone fell out as the people were climbing out. It bounced off the concrete and right into the water under the ride. Oops. I could see that getting out of that ride would be the perfect angle for a phone in a front pocket to fall out.

Thank goodness this attraction wasn't created when we were there the first time my daughter had her cellphone - because I see that totally happening to her. I can't remember how many times she left the phone behind in the room, besides that one time losing it on Mission Space. (She also ran over her cellphone with the lawn mower, but that's a whole other story, sigh)

I thought of this thread with I felt my phone sliding out of my pocket on BTMRR. I was wearing leggings with the pocket about halfway down my thigh. Luckily I caught it and was able to sit on it for the rest of the ride. I made sure to put it in my bag for future rides.

I'm a female with a galaxy S9 in a full otterbox case. I always keep my phone in my front pocket, even when not in the parks. I put it in sideways, not straight up and down. I have never had an issue of it coming out of my pockets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter