• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Phone wait time ..

I had the same 334 min quoted around half hour ago as well, and that was an update from an earlier 104 min estimate right after I called in at 8:00 eastern. Yesterday at one point it was way over 400 min. Something odd is going on there.

I had the same 334 min quoted around half hour ago as well, and that was an update from an earlier 104 min estimate right after I called in at 8:00 eastern. Yesterday at one point it was way over 400 min. Something odd is going on there.

i feel dcl should really look to rectify that problem not cool of you need to get in touch with them

I have also been trying to get in touch with DCL for days regarding our upcoming cruise. On one attempt they just said we cannot take your call. Call back later. Very frustrating. Maybe at the very least they should expand the call hours. There are some important things that require you to call DCL that cannot be done online. This isn't the first thread about wait times. In the interest of good customer service maybe it is about time Disney puts out a press release explaining what the problems are and what they are doing to fix it.

Trying to call DCL again. Got on at 9:00 when they opened the line. Initially said 60 minutes wait. I thought ok I can deal with that. Now at 10:20 am I get a message that the wait time is 429 minutes. How does that even happen! Disney should be ashamed of themselves.

Trying to call DCL again. Got on at 9:00 when they opened the line. Initially said 60 minutes wait. I thought ok I can deal with that. Now at 10:20 am I get a message that the wait time is 429 minutes. How does that even happen! Disney should be ashamed of themselves.
I'm in the same boat. I called exactly at 9, had a 42 minute wait, now almost 2 hours later and I'm still waiting.

It took 4 hours on hold, but I got through and was able to cancel my cruise, which took a total of 4 minutes. Despite dealing with the massive number of phone calls and wait times, the CM was so nice, pleasant and apologetic, just as you would expect from Disney. ☺

That is horrible. All of you waiting insane times need to write to Disney. I realize they can’t make more employees just materialize but they can make more things available for guests to be able to change online. Sometimes things are complicated and just need to explain to a human being but something like pp just cancelling a cruise, that should be able to be done online.
Maybe have it require multiple steps of confirmation such as “Are you sure you want to cancel your cruise?” Then add a 24 hour window to change your mind in case of error like airlines do.

That is horrible. All of you waiting insane times need to write to Disney. I realize they can’t make more employees just materialize but they can make more things available for guests to be able to change online. Sometimes things are complicated and just need to explain to a human being but something like pp just cancelling a cruise, that should be able to be done online.
Maybe have it require multiple steps of confirmation such as “Are you sure you want to cancel your cruise?” Then add a 24 hour window to change your mind in case of error like airlines do.
I did say to the CM that DCL should allow cancellations on line like WDW allows with their reservations. She just apologized.

I went through my TA yesterday morning. It took her 2 hours (I was on hold with her) to get someone at DCL. I guess this is all Covid... changes, cancellations and even rebookings with credits. They're just inundated.

I went through my TA yesterday morning. It took her 2 hours (I was on hold with her) to get someone at DCL. I guess this is all Covid... changes, cancellations and even rebookings with credits. They're just inundated.

I never have to sit on hold with my TA. Online TAs such as Orbitz did that once with our WDW reservation, but our TA just handles whatever we need. I can email or text her. We chat about cruising all the time. She is like a friend now; she's been my TA since 2008.
Once we were vaccinated and started traveling again, we went to WDW so I asked her to book that too just to throw some income her way. I could have easily done it myself but figured she went a year at that point with doing a lot of rearranging of people's reservations all with no commission for trips actually taken. It's bad enough to be out of work but working without pay is a real kick in the teeth.

I have been trying to reach DCL customer service for 4 days by chat and phone. Chat hasn't been available at all. One day I received the phone not available call back message. On Saturday, I received a wait time of over 7 hours. Today I called right at 8am. Was told 51 minute wait time. After an hour it became 2.5 hours, then after waiting 2.5 hours, I was told 3.5 hours. How does wait time keep increasing by hours while you are on hold? This is so odd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter