photo copy of birth cert.

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
I just pulled out our birth certificates, all of them have the raised seal but ALL are photo copies, the sticker on the document package says ORIGINAL BC. It then goes on to say photo copies without raised seal will not be accepted. Does that mean photo copies with a raised seal are ok?

I would call DCL directly to make sure what you have is fine. I called about my bc last week. Im now having my original sent to me fedex. What I have says "a birth certificate is on record"
I flew last Oct and then again in Dec w/no problem w/what I have and cruised in Dec. However, Id rather be safe than sorry.

YES, photcopies WITH a raised seal ARE okay. :) As long as it is a CERTIFIED copy it's fine! :)

My guess is the reason it looks like a photocopy is that they've microfilmed the originals, and they gave you a printout of the microfilm of the original. But because it has the raised seal, it is certified and you will be fine.

Below the seal it staes I certify this is a true copy of the certificate recorded in this office. There is definately a raised seal on each one but they do look like copies, it's kinda funny as they are (for DH and I)typed in the old typewriter print from 40 years ago you don't see that too often

Ann, I had this same question earlier because my husband's and my son's bc do not have a "raised seal" but DO say "certified vital record" and has that blurb below about being a true and correct copy of the official record. I got nervous because they are obviously copies with no raised seal...they have a seal...just not raised like on my bc. I called the State of Colorado and this is what they issue. Go figure!:) They worked before, I am hoping they will still work.

Lisa

On our last cruise with DCL I was worried about this very thing. I got certified copies from VitaCheck for myself, Wife, and Mother. All of them were official, without a raised seal but had a printed seal, and at the bottom state that they are official certified copies. These are from just about all of the vital statistic departments in the U.S. and are valid to use as is an "original" BC with a raised seal. DCL told me at the port that all they need for proof of citizenship is a official BC, weather it is with a raised seal or one of the official copies, what they cannot accept is a copy that someone makes on a copy machine of a original BC.
I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter