Photo Package for two rooms

Mine is an odd one... My sister and I are in one room and my DH and DS are in another. If I buy the package, my DH and DS should be included, right? But also my sister, because she's in my room? Or am I out of luck?

Mine is an odd one... My sister and I are in one room and my DH and DS are in another. If I buy the package, my DH and DS should be included, right? But also my sister, because she's in my room? Or am I out of luck?
Best guess, If you buy the package, any photos with you, your sister, and your son are included. Now, typically, any other photos with only the adult in the "other" room with minor child would not be included, but you probably can talk them into including your husband.

Has anyone got some recent experience with the all inclusive photo package? We also have an odd situation...
Room 1: my mom (gold) and my husband (silver)
Room 2: me (gold) and daughter (3yo)

It ended up like this because originally my dad was going to join us as well, but because of special quarantine requirement for him, he's not joining. Therefore, we moved DH to my mom's room so that we have 2 people per room (as opposed to having to pay single occupancy). We couldn't move me over, because we need to keep 1x Gold Castaway member per room.

From what I've read, it seems like it'd be like the following:

Room 1 buys the all inclusive package - my mom, husband will be included and daughter too as she's a minor, but any photos of me alone will not be included :'(

Room 2 buys the all inclusive package - daughter and I are included, but husband and my mom not.

In the past, we've often gone to Guest Service after boarding to change room assignment. Does anyone know if this is still OK with the all inclusive package? In reality, husband will obviously sleep in room 2 and my and daughter and not with my mom. So if we go to Guest Service and have them move husband to room 2, will the photo package from room 2 then covers all 3 of us? It worked in the past (most recently for us in January 2020), but we've not cruised since Disney took over the photo service, so not 100% sure anymore.

I recommend you DH buying the package. That way DM is also included. Then, on the first day, your DH goes to the Shutters station and tell the CM that works there (they might have to check with a manager) that his DW and DD are in another room and he wants them added to his photo package. They will make a note of it and all should be fine.

Now, your job will be to check that it's fine. Every day, go to the Shutters screens and check your photos. If you and DD don't show up, DH might have to make the request again.

Keep in mind, however, that you may have to look for your photos, as sometimes they aren't placed anywhere. The Shutters CM will be able to tell you how to check the unmatched file. There is a button in the top right corner that says "Find My Photos". There are lots that don't get assigned. You just have to find them and select them to your package. Once Shutters verifies you are allowed to have that photo (ie: you didn't just select someone else's photo for fun), it will be added to your portfolio.

This is what worked for me. My sister and I shared a room, so I got the package. That meant she was included, but because my immediate family was in another room, I had them add the other room. I think (I'm not sure) that if my DH had bought the package and tried to add us, my sister would have been excluded, since she isn't his immediate family. That's why I suggested your DH should buy the package, as he's rooming with someone who isn't immediate family, but you want in your photo portfolio.

Hope all that makes sense.

@standardgirl - I think you are correct technically in how you understand the package; however, I don't know how much they will enforce this in your case, especially with two parents split between two rooms. I am not even sure if the room linking at Shutters is necessary.

Slightly different situation for us, but we had 2 rooms in March 2022 - room #1 was me and one of my kids, room #2 was DH and two of my kids. I purchased the photo package. Everyone just gave my room number when taking pictures, we didn't even have to scan key cards for most of the pics we had taken. DH and my oldest son went to take a bunch of pictures on their own and gave my room number and all of the pics showed up. I imagine in your case you would be just fine to purchase it under your name.

in line with this conversation! We are a party of 6 in two rooms. DH, myself, and DD8 and DD5, our other room is DS 19 and DD21 If I'm understanding this all correctly I can purchase the unlimited package just for my stateroom and link our older children's room and we should get all pictures unless my DD21 goes in any photos on her own? I went and pre selected the package twice, one for each cabin, will they insist i buy both packages? They aren't separate listings, they are just both listed on the same preselection.

I went and pre selected the package twice, one for each cabin, will they insist i buy both packages? They aren't separate listings, they are just both listed on the same preselection.
I believe you buy the package for 1 room. Then once onboard you go the Shutters and inform them of the 2nd room. You can’t link ahead on your own.

We are taking my mother and sister on our Transpacific cruise. My TA suggested that my DH and I (both Platinum) be in separate rooms so they could be booked on the first day like us. In theory it sounds good, but how would an unlimited photo package work for us when my DH and I are in separate rooms?

how would an unlimited photo package work for us when my DH and I are in separate rooms?
room 1 = you and mom
room 2 = DH and sis

room 1 buys photo package: any pictures that include you, DH and/or mom will be included; no picture of sis by herself
or if room2 buys the photo package: any pictures that include you, DH and/or sis will be included, no pics of mom by herself

Also, now if you purchase any kind of digital photo package, you can download the photos when you get home on the DCL website.

room 1 = you and mom
room 2 = DH and sis

room 1 buys photo package: any pictures that include you, DH and/or mom will be included; no picture of sis by herself
or if room2 buys the photo package: any pictures that include you, DH and/or sis will be included, no pics of mom by herself
Agreed this is the policy. However, you might get lucky. On our 3rd cruise we had a room with me, DS1 and DS2; and a second room with DW and her mom. There were only a few pictures with just my mother-in-law, and when we asked about them they just included them for free. Of course, that was when you got the USB instead of the downloads, so there is more risk that after you leave the ship you might not have access to the pictures. HOWEVER, even if you had to pay for individual pictures for either your mom or sister, the upside of having each of you registered in a stateroom is too huge to pass up. If you book it like your sleeping arrangements of room 1 you and your DH, and room 2 your mom and sister, not only will they not be able to book their room on the Platinum day, they wouldn't get to book their dining reservations, beverage tastings, etc all on the Platinum window. For a specialty cruise like a Transpacific, there is a good chance that there will be enough Pearl and Platinum to book most of the Palo reservations, and if they are first timers almost everything may be full by the time they could book things. (Or they could get a reservation but not at the same time you did, etc.)

Agreed this is the policy. However, you might get lucky. On our 3rd cruise we had a room with me, DS1 and DS2; and a second room with DW and her mom. There were only a few pictures with just my mother-in-law, and when we asked about them they just included them for free. Of course, that was when you got the USB instead of the downloads, so there is more risk that after you leave the ship you might not have access to the pictures. HOWEVER, even if you had to pay for individual pictures for either your mom or sister, the upside of having each of you registered in a stateroom is too huge to pass up. If you book it like your sleeping arrangements of room 1 you and your DH, and room 2 your mom and sister, not only will they not be able to book their room on the Platinum day, they wouldn't get to book their dining reservations, beverage tastings, etc all on the Platinum window. For a specialty cruise like a Transpacific, there is a good chance that there will be enough Pearl and Platinum to book most of the Palo reservations, and if they are first timers almost everything may be full by the time they could book things. (Or they could get a reservation but not at the same time you did, etc.)
And they wouldn't be in your photo package at all unless you or DH were also in the photos.

There is, I believe, an option to buy a second room of photos for half price once you are on the ship. Not sure if that's still true but it was at least until last year.

Just got off the Fantasy this past Saturday. Had the unlimited photo package under my name and DH was in the second stateroom with my dad and brother. Went to Shutters the first night and they merged our 2 staterooms for the photo package. They said we could give either stateroom number and all photos showed up on my account, even ones that only my dad or brother were in. I could download each picture onto my phone during the cruise but that got tedious on the mobile site that works onboard. After the cruise, I followed their instructions to link my Castaway Club member number to my account on the main DCL photos website and I was able to download them onto my home laptop without a watermark hours later.

This is good info. I’ll have the photo package, but my granddaughters are in a cabin to themselves, 16 & 18. I will try to see if I can have them included on my package. I’m sure they don’t want Nana in every picture

Just got off the Fantasy this past Saturday. Had the unlimited photo package under my name and DH was in the second stateroom with my dad and brother. Went to Shutters the first night and they merged our 2 staterooms for the photo package. They said we could give either stateroom number and all photos showed up on my account, even ones that only my dad or brother were in. I could download each picture onto my phone during the cruise but that got tedious on the mobile site that works onboard. After the cruise, I followed their instructions to link my Castaway Club member number to my account on the main DCL photos website and I was able to download them onto my home laptop without a watermark hours later.
That sounds great, we will definitely ask at Shutters about what could be done 😁

This is good info. I’ll have the photo package, but my granddaughters are in a cabin to themselves, 16 & 18. I will try to see if I can have them included on my package. I’m sure they don’t want Nana in every picture
Cabin A is just you? And cabin B is 2 granddaughters?

You certainly can ask at Shutters if they can be included in your package, but the restrictions for second rooms is if the minor children are in a different room than the parents (as in immediate family), then they can be included.

It's possible that grandchildren are not considered "immediate" family.

From the Terms & Conditions:
Joining your stateroom photos with photos from another stateroom into a single account is only available (i) once a package is purchased and (ii) if you have children (immediate family only) under 21 in the stateroom you wish to join to your account.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/photos-terms-and-conditions/

Based on what I've dealt with, the facial recognition policy resulted in all my group's pictures located in one stateroom account :confused3 However, we (my family) were not allowed to buy them :furious: Shutters policy is the only time you can buy photos from another stateroom is if someone from your stateroom is in the photo or if the other cabin (occupants) are your unmarried children. We confirmed that grandparents who are not in the photo with their grandchildren wouldn't be able to buy those photos

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter