Photo package

MommyCMickey

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone so I have a question about the photo package. We don’t sail until December which is my little one’s 3rd bday. For his 1/2 and 1st bday we did WDW and got the special time slot with the photographer for private photos, for his 2nd we did Aulani and the same thing we got the photo package to capture the moment (we blow them up on canvases and hang them on the stairs).

Does the photo package with DCL include any special opportunities like that? Or is that even an option? I saw on some YouTube videos that there are characters on castaway caye but curious on how the photos work on DCL.

TIA

For Disney Cruise there are tons of photo opportunities. There are backdrops in the atrium that change every night, the photos come to dinner and take your photos, there are tons of characters opportunities, there are magic shots, photographers on deck. You can purchase a photo package with all of your photos in it or individual packages. If you buy the photo package in advance on the app you save money. There is also a photo studio where you can do a private photo session. You should be able to book in in the app and see information about it. I know to purchase the photos for the private session it is like over $100 per photo.

I haven't done the private sessions, but I don't really see the need to - there are so many opportunities as @1200emily described. From our trip last week (7 night cruise), we got about 150-160 pictures.

For Disney Cruise there are tons of photo opportunities. There are backdrops in the atrium that change every night, the photos come to dinner and take your photos, there are tons of characters opportunities, there are magic shots, photographers on deck. You can purchase a photo package with all of your photos in it or individual packages. If you buy the photo package in advance on the app you save money. There is also a photo studio where you can do a private photo session. You should be able to book in in the app and see information about it. I know to purchase the photos for the private session it is like over $100 per photo.

OMG YES!!! Thank you!

Do you know if it's ok to ask a photographer to take a picture with your phone? Or a waiter? What's the etiquette with asking?

Do you know if it's ok to ask a photographer to take a picture with your phone? Or a waiter? What's the etiquette with asking?
With Covid protocols I don’t believe the crew members are allowed to take photos. Selfies or other guests would be your best bet. We never specifically asked the photographers but other crew members like character attendants were not allowed.

Do you know if it's ok to ask a photographer to take a picture with your phone?
I can't image the photographer is going to do it - they have their camera in their hand and a long line of guests behind you. On the Wonder last week though, another guest asked me to use his phone to take several pictures of him (which I did of course).

The professional photographers are not allowed to use a guest's phone/camera. Pre-covid if there was a character handler or other CM around, you could ask them to take a picture. I don't believe that is allowed at this time but maybe by the time you cruise; you can ask.

Are photos taken during the portrait studio session included in the unlimited photo package? When I look at booking the portrait studio it says " This premium photo experience is not included as part of the regular photo packages and photos must be purchased separately,"

I think it’s ok to ask a cast member to take a picture and possibly a waiter but i’m unsure on the policy with photographers.

The atrium photo opportunities should include the plain white backdrop to get some very 'studio-like' photos. I've started just sucking it up and buying the all-photos package in advance for the discount since otherwise I don't like having to choose from among the photos, at least not when we've got the kids with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter