Photo pass question

scoopmorgan

DIS Veteran
Maybe someone can share their opinion or suggestions. I am the only living dinosaur that does not have a cell phone. I know, I know. Pick up your jaw, but it is true. I am thinking of purchasing the three day photo package, but recently I have read posts from disappointed customers who could not find photographers, or were not aware of limitations that had to be dealt with in the parks, not after you leave, etc. I'll be with three normal people who all have phones with good cameras, but I want my own, too. What's the scoop? Yeah or nay?

Many of the rides have picture set up but have read a few trip reports that said some issues with it

Sometimes the pic did not process and you would have to do the ride again in order to get the pic

You do find the camera peeps at the front of the park and usually where you can meet the park characters

Read that UO is working on hiring more photographers for inside the park

You do need to spend time before you leave the park to go over your pictures
You can add borders, characters, etc at that time

Put your order in at that time for pictures to be printed

Can't do that after you are home

Some love the picture set up at UO and some don't

So once you view your photos online at home, can you not add borders? Is this only something you can do in the parks?

Many of the rides have picture set up but have read a few trip reports that said some issues with it

Sometimes the pic did not process and you would have to do the ride again in order to get the pic

You do find the camera peeps at the front of the park and usually where you can meet the park characters

Read that UO is working on hiring more photographers for inside the park

Put your order in at that time for pictures to be printed

Can't do that after you are home

Some love the picture set up at UO and some don't

For a three day pass, do I need to do this daily, or just once before we leave?

I would do it daily so if you have a ride photo is missing, you can do the ride the next day to get the photo

I would say that, this is a very bad system at universal for photos and I think I would save my money

We used this service a few years ago and were very happy with it. I am thinking about using the service again, although with all the bad reviews lately I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money. I understand they are using a different company now, but back in 2014 we got a lot of great pictures. I'd love to hear about anyone's recent experience with the service.

Do you have to order pictures from them or do they save in an account that I can order from once I'm home, Shutterfly for example. I know you said we can't add borders once home but wasn't clear on actually ordering them.

I got the impression you had to choose your photos the same day they are taken, because people recommended doing bad ones over an a second day.

We didn't use the service because so far we haven't seen enough photographers to justify the cost. When we went in April, we saw one at the entrance of IOA in the morning, and one by Forbidden Journey. We didn't take pictures with characters, but if you do those the pass might have more value. I hope they do hire more photographers!

@Wdw1015

I'm not too sure if they have any other websites that you can view photos on but their official one is below.

20170909_162536.png

Attachments

• 20170909_162435.png
    20170909_162435.png
    281.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20170909_162402.png
    20170909_162402.png
    68.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20170909_162339.png
    20170909_162339.png
    286.9 KB · Views: 3
Do you have to order pictures from them or do they save in an account that I can order from once I'm home, Shutterfly for example. I know you said we can't add borders once home but wasn't clear on actually ordering them.

You certainly CAN add borders once you are home, as long as you do so on their full desktop site. You can't add borders to pictures via the app on your phone, but on a computer.....absolutely :thumbsup2. Most of the pictures comes with the standard blue Universal border already on them, but once you sign into your My Universal Photos account on a regular desktop or laptop computer, you will have relevant border options from which to pick.

If you want a specific photo bordered and don't have access to a laptop while travelling (ie you are only using the app on your phone), just stop by the photo store in either US or IOA (or the kiosk in the hub....they are very helpful there too) and ask them to border it for you. They will add the modified picture to your account no problem.

The only thing you can't add at home is the "magic" element: if you happen to have a magic shot taken (you'll know if this is the case, as the photographer will have you hold your empty hands out) then you have to stop at one of the photo stores or the kiosk in the hub and have them add the "magic" element before you leave that day.

We have the annual card.....have had it now 3 times, I think....so if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We used this when we went 2 years ago and it was great for the ride photos. We only got ride photos, but as others have said they are usually with the characters and since I had a newly minted teenager with me we didn't do character pics since you know, he was too cool :cool2:

We liked it and are thinking about adding it to our trip for next summer - the teenager won't have a choice this time :-D

We used it a few years ago when they had the AP year long special for around $60. Worked well. Was able to take advantage of the human photographers during the day and during HHN along with the ride cameras. All photos were available later in the day via a website that allowed downloading. Wouldn't do it again since the price hike since we only visit the park once or twice a year since we live in PA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter