Photo Pass questions from a cheapskate

juncker

Mickey Mouse for President
We're only going to be in the parks one day for MNSSHP. Is there a one-day price or any other options to get photo pass? Can you buy just individual photos instead? It looks like they only have the $170/$200 length of stay as an option online.

Are there any photo pass locations outside of the parks? What are people's thoughts on the best Photopass location in the MK? Would it have to be main street and the castle?

Thanks ahead for any feedback.

We're only going to be in the parks one day for MNSSHP. Is there a one-day price or any other options to get photo pass? Can you buy just individual photos instead? It looks like they only have the $170/$200 length of stay as an option online.

Are there any photo pass locations outside of the parks? What are people's thoughts on the best Photopass location in the MK? Would it have to be main street and the castle?

There are locations where you can buy individual photos for rides. Any professional photographer will also be happy to use your phone instead.

However, if you want something a little more unique, there is the PhotoPass studio in Disney Springs. There you can get several photos taken with various different back drops. I'm unfortunately not sure what the cost is for photos there (shoot is free, but downloads/prints aren't)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/shops/disney-springs/disneys-photopass-studio/
Also, I don't know if this is true anymore, but there used to be a photopass photographer at 1900 Park Fare during dinner, in which you got your photo taken with Cinderella's glass slipper. I think the Evil Queen at Story Book Dining at Artist Point also has a photopass photographer. But you do have to pay for the related meals, and they're expensive. Not sure if a self-proclaimed "cheapskate" is up for spending that cash for a couple of photos XD.

[edit]My favorite is in front of the castle at night during the holidays with the lights. I've also heard good things about the photo op by the Tangled area (not sure if there's still a photopass person there as I've never seen them)

Last edited:
MNSSHP has the BEST photopass opportunities IMO, so many special photos you can get. From what I can tell the one day memory maker is still an option as the PP suggested.

We went in August for 8 days and had only one decent photo that I wanted to buy. So I bought only that photo. I don't remember the exact price, but it was less than $20 to download the photo. I did this on my laptop - not a tablet or phone. It was much more obvious how to purchase the single photo on the web browser on a laptop.

After you have at least one Photopass photo linked to your MDX account, you can Select a photo to “Buy” and choose the 1-day option @ $69.99.
Do you know if that’s just the photpass or does it include the ride photos?

You can purchase ANY of your PhotoPass photos through the MDE app, or at a PhotoPass location in the parks individually for $16.95 each. In addition, there is a one day Memory Maker which you can also purchase in the MDE app (has to be done after you have at least one photo taken for the day) or at any PhotoPass location for $69.95. This information, and a LOT more about PhotoPass, and Memory Maker is all available in the Everything PhotoPass and Memory Maker sticky at the top of this forum.

The One Day Memory Maker will include every photo you have taken for that entire day, including ride photos.

Speaking of being a cheapskate...

What's the etiquette on having the Photopass photographer use your phone/camera? Do i need to go through letting them photo me with their camera, or is it acceptable just to have them use mine only?

What's the etiquette on having the Photopass photographer use your phone/camera? Do i need to go through letting them photo me with their camera, or is it acceptable just to have them use mine only?
Let them take it on theirs as well.

Sorry to hop on this thread but how do ride photos show up on your MDE account? Like do you have to have photopass and scan your magicband in or something? Terribly confused...

Sorry to hop on this thread but how do ride photos show up on your MDE account? Like do you have to have photopass and scan your magicband in or something? Terribly confused...
It's the RFID chip in the magic band.

It's the RFID chip in the magic band.
Yes, newer ride photopass (7DMT, HM, Pirates) only use RFID.
On older Photopass rides like Space, I still like to tap the band under the post-ride picture preview because RFID doesn’t seem to be 100% reliable.

Former PhotoPass Photographer here - We never got a commission on the photos we took, so I got paid the same if I used my camera or your camera. All I cared about is what made the guest happiest, so I was more than welcome to just use their camera if that's what they asked for. If you're at a character location, they may just start using their camera when you approach the camera (I used to get some great reaction shots that way) but if someone told me "no thanks, can you just use our camera" and then handed me it, sure, totally cool with me.

There are only two times this is an issue. One, when a manager is standing around. I had one who would roam around the park and INSIST PhotoPass always used their cameras. Most are usually cool with it, but if you see a manager-looking person standing around, just be aware that the photographer might be watched so they want to do everything perfectly, which means using their camera (remember, Disney makes more money if they can sell those photos). Two, when I get handed twelve different cameras because it's a party of six and everyone wants a photo with their phone and their camera. Please, just don't. I'm not an octopus. The character attendant will usually step in and help, but that still is only four hands. Just agree to use one person's cell phone, and text/email/tag everyone else later.

Thanks everyone. That's great news. Our plan is to get the one day photo pass. Disney does a great job with taking pictures.

Here's hoping that I can get the $59 discount as well (I do like saving money).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter