Photo Session

tinkabella627

DIS Veteran
Ok does anyone have the CURRENT costs for a photo session at GF or anywhere else for that matter. I know there used to be the $25 offer if you prepurchased the cd but that is gone. What I don't understand is what do I pay and what do I get? Can I get the photosession AND all other pics from the parks one one cd AND do enhancements to pictures. I keep reading all different information and am getting too confused. Thanks for any help!

Ok does anyone have the CURRENT costs for a photo session at GF or anywhere else for that matter. I know there used to be the $25 offer if you prepurchased the cd but that is gone. What I don't understand is what do I pay and what do I get? Can I get the photosession AND all other pics from the parks one one cd AND do enhancements to pictures. I keep reading all different information and am getting too confused. Thanks for any help!

I'm interested to learn if anyone has done it recently also. I spoke to someone with the Photo sessions at the BC. He quoted a price which I think was around $75 for one resort & a reduced fee for pictures on a second resort. He did say that I could preorder the CD for $99. I found it very confusing also.

We had one at the Poly last week. You could do a print package only that was $49.95. There were 3 options to choose from:

7 5x7 photos
2 8x10 photos and 3 5x7 photos
Combo of 8x10s and 4x6s (sorry, I can't remember the specific quantities on this)

For $99.95 you get a CD with the copyright release PLUS a choice of one of the above print packages. We did this option and got the print package that was 2 8x10s and 3 5x7s. There is no additional sitting fee, so the total cost was $99.95+tax.

Thank you! I thought I read somewhere that for around $200 you can get all your other pics too on the cd (instead of paying the 100+129 for the photopass cd, I was assuming). Do you know if that is the case? Did you think it was worth it. We are going on our honeymoon and wanted to do some pictures but not the $300 package when we could just do this cheaper.

We didn't do the park PhotoPass CD but when we were getting our photo session CD the CM helping us asked the other CM if we could add our park photos and she said it would be another $99 to add them to the CD. But then I assume you wouldn't be able to add borders and such so in that case, I think it would be a better idea to just pre-order the park CD with the $99 pre-order deal so you'd still be able to add the fun graphics if you wanted to. At least that's what I would do if I was getting both.

As for whether it was worth it, for us I think it was. We weren't going to do it because I've heard that the quality of the pictures was inconsistent. But then once we were there I got caught up in the magic of vacation :rotfl: and decided at the last minute that it'd be fun to have some pictures taken. Our photog took 135 pics and out of that I'd say there are 10 that I really like alot--and some others that'll be fun for a scrapbook. Many of the shots were unusable because of sunglare, squinting, wind blowing our hair crazy etc. Also our DD was being uncooperative so our family shots are a little wonky looking because she was goofing around. The photog did capture some good natural shots of DD and then we ended up getting some nice posed ones of just DH and I, which I was thrilled with because we haven't had a nice professional picture of just the two of us in ages.

So long story short, I think how satisfied you are will depend on what your expectations are. I went into it thinking if I got 5 that I like alot, I'd be satisfied, so we did good by that standard. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much. That helps a ton! Basically I can preorder the cd for all my other pics for $99 and be able to add borders, and then just do the $99 package with resort photo shoot and get a pkg and cd right?

That's the way I understand it. You may want to double check when you make your appointment incase things change. But it didn't seem like there was any break for combining the two.:goodvibes

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to know----
OK... a resort photo shoot session (do I have this right?)
1)for $99 I can get a package of printed pics (8x10, 4x6 ect) and the cd with all the pics (including the crummy ones) and the sitting fee is included? How many pics would be taken/lenght of sitting?

2) THE photopass in the parks: prepurchase cd is $99 dollars. and I can't combine the CDS?

3) how do I book a resort photo shoot?

thanks Jill

I just booked our session at AKL in June. Here's what she told me:

The appointment lasts about 30 minutes. No limit on pics, just time.

For $49.95 you get a choice of print packages, 7 5x7s or 2 8x10s and 3 5x7s or 2 5x7s and some 4x6s (she forgot how many). These can all be different pics, not just 7 copies of the same pic.

For $99.95 (or $70 if you have pre-ordered the PhotoPass CD) you get one of the above print packages and a CD of all the pics from the resort session. You must show proof of preorder to get the $70 price.

Then there's a $200 option that gets you all the above and a PhotoPass CD, but it's cheaper to just preorder the PhotoPass CD and do option 2.

Sorry. I forgot to put that in. I called 1-407-934-4004 and left a message. Someone from the PhotoPass place at AKL called me back, so they must direct you to the resort where you are having the photo session.

I'm so glad that I found this thread. This is so different from last year. September 2008 I pre-ordered the $99 CD. I took the receipt with me to our photoshoot at the Poly. After the shoot was over, the CM asked me if we had any other PhotoPass card from the parks. I said yes, he added those pictures to the CD. I was able to put the fun borders on everything. The "sitting" fee then was only $25. It sounds like I can't do this anymore and I'd have to get 2 pre-ordered CD's now...one for the park and one for the photo shoot?

Can anyone tell me do you get your photos and the cd right away or do you order them when you get home and they are mailed to you?
Thanks

I just booked our session at AKL in June. Here's what she told me:

For $99.95 (or $70 if you have pre-ordered the PhotoPass CD) you get one of the above print packages and a CD of all the pics from the resort session. You must show proof of preorder to get the $70 price.

Can anyone tell me or post a link to where we would pre-purchase the package listed above?
Thanks

I spoke with a rep from AKL on 5/20somethingth about doing a photo session in Aug (p.s. you can book up to 30 days in advance) and i took away from it that you DO get you photo prints and CD then, right after your shoot. So yes, your session is only 30 minutes, but she said leave an hour to an hour and a half for the entire process of photos, regrouping indoors, choosing images and image packages. Also, completely seperate from the photopass, the session is $99 plus taxes and that does include the CD and one of a few image packages (apparently the ones isted in above posts). Cant wait to have some GOOD pics of me and my honey! :hug: (P.S. I would LOVE to see some done at the AKL if you guys have them!!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter