Photo sharing: Zoos

Totally agree with GrillMouster. I have talked many friends into dSLR camera just because even in green box (sorry canon user) mode the photos are better than a point and shoot. If they want better shots I try to help. I am by no means an expert, but I enjoy it and have a desire to learn.

Also, I wanted to share aquarium shots without flash. :thumbsup2

December%202007%20614_640.jpg

December%202007%20609_640.jpg

As a world famous WSJ Photographer you should know that DSLR stands for Digital Single Lens Reflex. :lmao: :banana::banana::banana:

Congrats on your WSJ story. Tis very cool. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 You need to have your family and friends getting all of the 4/27/2009 editions they can get! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

LOL actually the Pirates MAgazine deal was more exciting for me..

WSJ was online only for the pics, so I printed it out and made copies..

Here are a couple of shots taken at the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. Both were shot with a 50mm, handheld with no flash.

Click image for larger view

Click image for larger view

I have a few more but, I need to dig them out and upload them first.

Sorry to go OT - but your Flickr pics are great, Scott. Love "What Are You Looking At?"

When DW and I went to WDW in 2006 we ate at Coral Reef and were able to get a table right next to the glass. I got some pretty decent shots...definitely could've been better. I didn't have my camera right up to the glass and I was shooting without a flash. After we got the pictures developed we could see a whole bunch of little white orbs. DW and I didn't know what they were for a while, we thought our camera was on the fritz. I'll let you guess what all of the little white orbs were....the funny thing was that there was more of them when the shark came by.......

... After we got the pictures developed we could see a whole bunch of little white orbs. DW and I didn't know what they were for a while, we thought our camera was on the fritz. I'll let you guess what all of the little white orbs were....the funny thing was that there was more of them when the shark came by.......

The Shark had gas? :confused3

;)

Later,
Dan

Our city has a bug zoo! We went over there yesterday so we could visit and I could practice my macro shots!

Here are a few photos of the butterflies I took
3602504196_b95cce7612.jpg

3601617859_7a3061de8b.jpg

3601685097_e785725d1a_b.jpg

3601490391_fd6d6dea24_b.jpg

3602303132_3afa9828b5.jpg

Next post ~ the bug Cafe where we ate bugs!

Welcome to the Bug Cafe!
3601830191_b4c9f0ffa9_b.jpg

First, yummy cricket filled bienget
3602676860_3cba27e6ca_b.jpg

THOSE ARE NOT NUTS!
3601831305_5efc97d270.jpg

Time for a little snack?!
set-72157619275623299

3601863903_4b2974f4b2.jpg

3602647022_bdcc245b89_b.jpg

3601832731_f2156de7ca.jpg

Trying to figure out how to eat a cricket all lady like:
3602646136_6112ebeb19.jpg

This concludes the tour. Please check behind your neck and in your shirt before leaving. We don't want any of these babies escaping :lmao:

........................................................................................

I don't even have the words to form a real response for most of these...................

:scared: :scared: :scared:

I do like the shot of the ladybug though! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

........................................................................................

I don't even have the words to form a real response for most of these...................

:scared: :scared: :scared:

I do like the shot of the ladybug though! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

:lmao:
Yup since I was forced into going ~ I thought I would share the wealth a bit :rotfl2:

Well you certainly have gone up quite a few notches in my estimation! :teeth:

My hat's off to you - first for the great photos :goodvibes and second for actually eating bugs! :scared:

Well you certainly have gone up quite a few notches in my estimation! :teeth:

My hat's off to you - first for the great photos :goodvibes and second for actually eating bugs! :scared:

Thanks! If you ever make it to New Orleans ~ you must go seee the bug zoo! It was really cool ..except for the roaches those were gross lol

I enjoyed looking at all of the pictures except for the roaches:scared: and the food made from bugs :scared:. I had a hard time looking at the pictures of your family actually eating them. :eek:

I enjoyed looking at all of the pictures except for the roaches:scared: and the food made from bugs :scared:. I had a hard time looking at the pictures of your family actually eating them. :eek:

Well these aren't photos you see everyday LOL
I bet I am the first to post bug eating photos on here :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter