• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass back in the UK

c3h3a3r

c3h3a3r
Hi,
I am looking to purchase photopass for our upcoming trip in June. I am just wondering if anyone in the UK has purchased one , and had photos developed back in the UK? If so, were there any problems with copyright?
The reason I ask is that in 2009 we visited Disneyland Paris and puchased 2 memory cards with all our disney pics on. When we got home we took them to a local asda to get pics developed and although the memory cards were disney themed and quite obviously purchased at Disney, they refused to print the pics as there was no written proof of copyright. (As I write this I am thinking perhaps I should have tried somewhere else).

Am just after some feedback please.

We have used the photo pass a few times - we have never had an issue with printing the photos - but we have always gone to boots.

We had a photopass last year and had no problems when we came home, but we did not go to asda we went to a local store.

Boots, Tesco, Jessops, Photobox, Snapfish and Truprint.

Used them all. Not one issue with copyright. YOu get a digital and paper copyright release on each image. If they call for it, you are able to produce it.

:goodvibes

Hi,

Thank you all for your repsonses. That has made me more confident about perchasing one.
4 and a half weeks to go!!!
Can't wait!!!

We did photopass & got the disc sent to us with all the pics on. When we uploaded them onto our PC the first two pictures were an 'agreement' as to what you would do with them. It says on there you can print them.

yes us to have printed them, jessops and boots is where we used and never asked for copyright

To the OP, just checking - I assume you know about the prepurchase discount? I didn't see it specifically mentioned in here. It is $99 if you buy before you go. ;)

I was looking to pre-perchase the cd and photobook for $149 but I can't seem to get anywhere on the website tonight.

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

See if that works. It was a bit of a mission to get it to open up so perhaps it has been a bit iffy tonight.

Thank you for taking the time to look. That was where I was trying to perchase it from and I've just tried it again, but keeps saying ''there has been an error with your registration'' even though I was clicking on order cd.

I don't know what to try next...

Thank you for taking the time to look. That was where I was trying to perchase it from and I've just tried it again, but keeps saying ''there has been an error with your registration'' even though I was clicking on order cd.

I don't know what to try next...

I have absolutley no idea what the problem could be, other than some kind of error which may have developed at the time you happened to set up your account. Did you register last night, or use an existing login to try and access the offer?

I wonder if it may be worth setting up a new Photopass account and see if that rectifies the problem. Failing that, you can email them or phone them. I had to contact them last year and unless it has improved, the response time for emails was well over a week and my patience level sent me to the phone by day 2 :rotfl: The phone lines are only operational for enquiries between 9 am and 1 pm EST (so you need to call between 2 pm and 6 pm from here).

I would personally have a go at setting up a new account first and see where that gets you.

I will try a dummy run on it myself. I haven't actually done so as I thought you were just unable to get onto the web page. I will report back if there is any news ;)

EDIT TO ADD: I have just tried it and it did let me in and place it in my cart. I can't go any further as I don't want to purcase a second one but it seems it is working for me. I will add that for some reason when I logged in, it just sat loading the page for ages. I refreshed, put in my email and password again and it worked. Not sure if any of this is any help.

Is it possible to buy individual photos if you haven't prepaid for a photopass? My OH is a keen photographer so I don't think we'll need too many but it might be handy at waterparks or to get a couple of shots of the whole family.

What are the prices like? Should we just prepay the $99? I would imagine we would want to buy 30 ish prints but I'm unsure as it's our first visit.

Is it possible to buy individual photos if you haven't prepaid for a photopass? My OH is a keen photographer so I don't think we'll need too many but it might be handy at waterparks or to get a couple of shots of the whole family.

What are the prices like? Should we just prepay the $99? I would imagine we would want to buy 30 ish prints but I'm unsure as it's our first visit.

You will spend more on 5 or 6 prints than you will on the entire CD if you prepurchase. If you are really sure that you are not likely to want that many prints they sometimes have discount cards which give you x amount off of the purchase of a print. So if you are looking to buy a Disney photo album you may get a discount photopass card in there. I always buy albums and there are usually cards in them, but as I only buy ride photos as prints I have had not need for them. I must check if they expire .... :idea:

You will spend more on 5 or 6 prints than you will on the entire CD if you prepurchase. If you are really sure that you are not likely to want that many prints they sometimes have discount cards which give you x amount off of the purchase of a print. So if you are looking to buy a Disney photo album you may get a discount photopass card in there. I always buy albums and there are usually cards in them, but as I only buy ride photos as prints I have had not need for them. I must check if they expire .... :idea:

Thanks, it looks like it's worth spending the money, I think it'll be hard to resist buying the photos if there are some nice ones!

How exactly does this work then? I purchase today and then what? Do I get a reference number to give to the Photographers? First visit so just trying to understand this. :confused3

always remember the photopass people are professional photographers, one tip that I can give you is let them take your pro shot then hand them your camera to take the same shot, always works for me as a back-up and they are more than willing to do this:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter