Photopass+ character meal photos -extra charge?

Interesting -on the new website it has a FAQ something to the effect of "In the past I received a physical cd and physical prints, why don't I have that option anymore?". The answer is you can still get the physical CD but ride photos and dining photos are all digital now. Hopefully, I am linking to that specific web page correctly:

https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/faq

I am guessing there is confusion among the CMs at each of the restaurants because it is such a new policy.

I know the old site was used for vacations starting prior to 9/4 and the new site is for vacations starting 9/5 and later, so I am guessing the new terms will apply to everyone going forward? OP, your vacation started before 9/4 so it looks like you are most certainly due a refund for the CM mix-up!

Got a response at last!

Dear Tracy,

Thank you for your interest in our new Disney PhotoPass+ offer.

Capture more memories than ever with Disney PhotoPass+! With Disney
PhotoPass+ you can have all your Disney?s PhotoPass Photographer photos
PLUS select Attraction photos AND Dining photos ? All for one price of
$199.95. If you have Pre-Purchased on our website, you may choose to
upgrade at any one of our view stations within the Parks.

Product Details:
- PhotoPass+ is sold at all PhotoPass view stations located throughout
the Walt Disney World Resort.

- With PhotoPass+ you will receive all your Disney PhotoPass photos,
digital copies of your Attraction photos, and dining locations taken
within a 14 day visit to Walt Disney World. Please note, this does not
include printed images except those that are already provided as part of
the price of the meal.

- Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view your photos and
order a PhotoCD with all the high resolution photos plus a limited
license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo
processing center.

Participating Attractions:
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Buzz Lightyear?s Space Ranger Spin
- Test Track
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Rock ?n Roller Coaster
- Expedition Everest
- Dinosaur

Participating Character Dining Locations:
- 1900 Park Fare
- Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
- Chef Mickey?s
- Cinderella?s Royal Table (printed image included as part of dining
price for this location)
- Tusker House Restaurant
- Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (printed
image included as part of dining price for this location)
- Pirates League

Disney PhotoPass+ Includes:
- PhotoPass+ Card and Lanyard
- A gallery CD with over 400 stock photos
- A unique code to create and order a PhotoCD with all your photos
online at DisneyPhotoPass.com
- Photos at select Dining locations
- Digital Downloads of select Attractions

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Christine McCool
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging
Phone: 407-560-4300

Bolding mine - still says Photos not digital copies for restaurants!

So does that include the printed photo at Chef Mickey's or not?? Sorry I'm still really confused by this!

:confused3

From what I can gather off that message, the only places you get hard copies of dining pics are CRT and Arkershus (sorry if that not how you spell it). That's kinda disappointing but then I'm a first-timer so I won't miss it as much as those who have been going for years and are regular users of the PhotoPass service.

So does that include the printed photo at Chef Mickey's or not?? Sorry I'm still really confused by this!

:confused3

They seem to have covered themselves for the new policy with this part of their statement:
Please note, this does not
include printed images except those that are already provided as part of
the price of the meal.

So I interpret their response to be that unless the restaurants have a print package as part of the meal (like CRT and Akershus) that you only get the digital image :confused3

However they leave this open to interpretation when they refer to 'photos' because photos is neither here nor there when it comes to being specific as to whether they are digital or prints.

Sigh, trying to to unravel the never ending mysteries of Disney responses :upsidedow

They seem to have covered themselves for the new policy with this part of their statement:

So I interpret their response to be that unless the restaurants have a print package as part of the meal (like CRT and Akershus) that you only get the digital image :confused3

However they leave this open to interpretation when they refer to 'photos' because photos is neither here nor there when it comes to being specific as to whether they are digital or prints.

Sigh, trying to to unravel the never ending mysteries of Disney responses :upsidedow

I'm so sick of them doing this! When they brought it out to real us in they included the pro t packages at each meal! Now they just deduct that from the package!

I get that having ride pics is great and all, BUT I mainly got it for the meal picture package!

Since we do chef mickeys & Tusker house it will mean that I now have to buy the pictures on top of already paying pp,

As I brought mine before this came out I wonder if it will get honoured as mine clearly states the pictures you get with the restaurants mentioned!?

I'm so sick of them doing this! When they brought it out to real us in they included the pro t packages at each meal! Now they just deduct that from the package!

I get that having ride pics is great and all, BUT I mainly got it for the meal picture package!

Since we do chef mickeys & Tusker house it will mean that I now have to buy the pictures on top of already paying pp,

As I brought mine before this came out I wonder if it will get honoured as mine clearly states the pictures you get with the restaurants mentioned!?

You don't have to buy the pictures.

If you have Photopass Plus you get the digital pics added to your card without the need to buy the pictures. It is the prints you don't get, but you are free to print your own :goodvibes

If you do not have PP+ and only have the regular PP card, then you would need to buy the print to get the digital image scanned to your card.

So you still get all those pics mentioned. :thumbsup2 But you only get the physical prints where it is part of the meal package price, if that makes sense

I am by no means saying that this is a fair deal on Disney's part, but hopefully it reassures you that you do still at least get the digital images if you have PP+ and you do not have to buy prints to get the digitals. If a CM tells you otherwise, it would be worth asking to see a supervisor or someone else who could help you because this is part of your entitlement

Here's the problem I see with all this Photopass malarkey

They changed the policies.
They changed what you get for the price.
They changed the editing windows

But they have not been clear with some of these and certainly not been upfront about them all.

For example:

The new 45 day window for editing. I understand why they have done it. With wifi all over now people are logging in and claiming their pics while on vacation so for many it does buy a bit more time. But for others it does not. Regardless, this has not been advertised very well. I know they have a note on their new website! I know that people do not read things right in front of them. But to be fair to the guests, if you pre purchase your product, you read the terms when you purchased, you have the terms printed on the case of the dang thing that was shipped out months ago ..... why would you need to go log into the new website (if you even know there is one) when nobody contacted you, or said anything, emailed you a follow up because you were one of x thousand people who had ordered before the change ..... See this causes chaos. There was a post elsewhere on the DIS today where someone is probably going to have to order the photos without borders so they dont' lose them because they had no reason to log in and see if anything had suddenly changed after using PP for years.

Here's another interesting thing on the subject of communication and the new expiry window. I ordered my PP+ about 10 days ago. I ordered it on the old site. It has arrived. On the case it says that you have 30 days to claim and then a further 30 days to edit .... etc. That is the old policy!! So even although I ordered after the change had taken effect, there is no sticky label or slip of paper taped over to advise me that there has been a change. So if I don't go onto forums like this and I read this, why should I go back to the website to check? I have no photos there yet. I have paid. So I do what the PP+ instructions on the box say .... just sit back and wait, take the voucher with, get the card .....

Similarly about the change in the prints policy, how difficult is it to post a clear and concise message on the website, send a system generated email to everyone who has ordered a PP account and let them know. People resist change a little less if they aren't caught by surprise, especially if they feel something is being taken away from them!! But instead, look at the reply Tracy got. I mean really, several of us were reading through this more than once trying to figure out exactly what they were saying because the initial part and the last portion at first glance appear contradictory. The subtle reference to photos in one part where 'digital images' and 'prints' are mentioned in others, leaves too much open to interpretation.

Surely it can't be that difficult just to have something short, sweet and clear to inform everyone .... surely ..... :confused3

I've just got my reply ... (was about to send the request again ...)

From that email, prints are no longer free, only digital photos
Note that the "format" of the email is really misleading (it is to me anyway) because it changes from "these locations are" to "participating restaurants", without the real mention that "at participating restaurants" there was no print package ...
poor communication IMO

Thank you for your recent purchase of Disney's PhotoPass+!!

At this time, the only printed dining images that are included are the printed images that already come included with your dining. These locations are Cinderella's Royal Table and Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus.

Participating Character Dining Locations:

- 1900 Park Fare

- Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast

- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

- Chef Mickey’s

- Cinderella’s Royal Table

- Tusker House Restaurant

- Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

- Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

- Pirates League

Your feedback is very important to us, and we appreciate your taking the time to share your comments about PhotoPass+.

Please know that our goal is to continually review and enhance our Web site to provide new functionality, products, etc. so your experiences are always positive.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Please include your full name and email address on all correspondence.

Sincerely,

Christine McCool

Guest Support Team

Disney Photo Imaging

Ok more confused than ever :rolleyes:

Someone received a reply on the main boards to say at this time the print packages would still be given at the restaurants however there was usual disclaimer that they can change policy at any time etc.

Might email again :rolleyes2

I must say that getting conflicting information makes me rather mad as a customer (it's not only with Disney, but it's been a general trend, especially here in France, so when it its MY Disney, I'm totally p**** off)

here's my reply to Photopass.

Thank you for your answer, but it's even more confusing and upsetting now.

At the very same time Christine McCool replied that print packages were no longer included, another Cast Member by the name of Laura DeBarbarac replied to another guest saying that, at this time (same time as the reply I received, print copies were still included with the photopass+

below is the email she sent to another guest at the same time you sent me contradicting information :

Thank you for contacting MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.
At this time we do still provide the printed dinning package for guests with PhotoPass+. Please understand that Disney does reserve the right to change their policy on packages and promotions at anytime with our notice.
You may now Pre-Order our Disney PhotoPass+ package all for one price of $149. *Please note: This offer is only valid to be purchased no less than 14 days prior to your arrival date. Product Details:
With Disney PhotoPass+ you will receive all your Disney PhotoPass photos, digital copies of your Attraction and dining photos taken within a 14 day visit to Walt Disney World Resort.
You have 45 days from the date the photo was taken to redeem your Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc on MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.
Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view your photos and order a Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc with all the high resolution photos plus a limited license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo processing center.
To Pre-Order your Disney PhotoPass+ Package for the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, please visit-
www.mydisneyphotopass.com/wdwmemories
Thank you for using Disney PhotoPass™ Service. We hope you enjoy viewing and sharing your vacation photos.

Sincerely,
Laura DeBarbarac

Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging

Please clarify.

I also wish to add that, as an European guest, I would be even more disappointed to learn that prints are really gone from the photopass.
We, as european guests, already pay $15 for shipping of the voucher and bonus CD (which we already have from previous photopass+ purchases) which are shipped for free to domestic guests. You have reduced the time to claim and edit the pictures from 60 to 45 days, and since we do longer stays (our stays are not limited to 14 days but 21 days) we have even less time to edit, and most of us will probably need to buy and extension, that's $16 more.
As a matter of fact, many european guests will now need to pay over $30 more for photopass+ while you phase out the benefits from the service.

I wish that Disney's Photopass issued a clear statement on their website, rather than sending conflicting and contradicting information at the same time to different guests

please, again, clarify

regards

So if I understand correctly, the only printed photos included in the PP+ price are for CRT and Akershus. So the charge for my Chef Mickey's pic was correct. How come I wasn't charged for the Ohana pic?? This was on the last day of our holiday 8th September.

I haven't phoned for a refund yet as it looks as though I'll be wasting my time and more money for them to tell me the charge stands. Looking through my PP+ pack I can't find any definite mention of printed pics, I'll have another check through my paperwork.

I haven't phoned for a refund yet as it looks as though I'll be wasting my time and more money for them to tell me the charge stands. Looking through my PP+ pack I can't find any definite mention of printed pics, I'll have another check through my paperwork.

That's the problem now :sad2: There never was any mention of printed pics. They mentioned "photos" and could easily argue that the ride element of PP+ includes "photos" yet it is accepted and understood that these are digital. When I have time tonight I will see if I can do a search back to middle of last year when folk were posting that they were excited to see that you got the prints too as they had been under the impression that it was only the digital images. As stated, they have been very selective with their wording.

I would dispute it with them nonetheless on the basis of what you were led to believe to be normal over the course of past experiences of yourself and others with receiving the prints and given that you were not notified of any change. Inconsistency on their part in implementing the policy either way would seem to be fair grounds for dispute.

I would dispute it with them nonetheless on the basis of what you were led to believe to be normal over the course of past experiences of yourself and others with receiving the prints and given that you were not notified of any change. Inconsistency on their part in implementing the policy either way would seem to be fair grounds for dispute.

I would put it on another level
if you look at both emails received by a US DISer and myself (as quoted here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3180355&page=3 )
both mails being simultaneous (same day)

The US DISers sends an inquiry : "I might purchase PP+, do I get actual prints ?"
Photopass' answer : "YES"

Next DISer (me) sends an inquiry : "I have purchased PP+, do I get actual prints ?"
Photopass' answer : "NO"

If you look at it from that angle, when you ask for the benefits before buying, you're promised a perk, but once you've purchased they refuse to honor that perk.

I know it's most probably due to the standard inconsistency and discrepancies between CMs, but I could also dispute that I've been tricked into buying a product.

^^^ I totally agree. It goes back to inconsistency!

I won't rehash old posts of mine but I think it was somewhere in this thread where I posted the widely conflicting information received by myself over the course of a week with a few emails, 2 phone calls and that of other guests (this was regarding the charge for delivery rather than the prints so don't want to run this thread off topic here). But the fact remains, there is conflicting information being passed through. I think I am going to post on their FB page and see. There will be far more folk affected by this than the sample selection of us here on the DIS

Oh what the heck, let's complicate this even more, just for fun ;)

Here is response from PP recieved by another guest since the purported changes, saying that the prints presently are included :confused3:crazy2::rolleyes:

Hmmmmmmm interesting. I sent them an email about this last week. here is there response.

(Original question I sent)
Question Type : Placing an Order
Describe Your problem : More of a question than a problem. I am trying to decide if we should order a photopass for our upcoming trip(Nov./Dec. 2013). Does the photopass plus still include the printed photos in the themed sleeve at restaurants (hoop de do, o'hana breakfast, etc)? It did when we were there last Dec., but I heard a rumor that now you were only able to add them digitally to the pass. I just wanted to make sure that was not the case before I ordered. Thank You.

(Their response)
Dear --------,

Thank you for contacting MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.
At this time we do still provide the printed dinning package for guests with PhotoPass+. Please understand that Disney does reserve the right to change their policy on packages and promotions at anytime with our notice.
You may now Pre-Order our Disney PhotoPass+ package all for one price of $149. *Please note: This offer is only valid to be purchased no less than 14 days prior to your arrival date. Product Details:
With Disney PhotoPass+ you will receive all your Disney PhotoPass photos, digital copies of your Attraction and dining photos taken within a 14 day visit to Walt Disney World Resort.
You have 45 days from the date the photo was taken to redeem your Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc on MyDisneyPhotoPass.com.
Once you arrive home from your vacation, you can view your photos and order a Disney PhotoPass Archive Disc with all the high resolution photos plus a limited license agreement, which allows you to print photos at any local photo processing center.
To Pre-Order your Disney PhotoPass+ Package for the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, please visit-
www.mydisneyphotopass.com/wdwmemories
Thank you for using Disney PhotoPass™ Service. We hope you enjoy viewing and sharing your vacation photos.

Sincerely,
Laura DeBarbarac
Guest Support Team
Disney Photo Imaging

We can therefore draw the following conclusion: Photopass print (and any other) policy is subject to change, repeatedly, at any given time on a continuous basis for all time coming, without prior notice and this policy may vary from one guest to the next at any point in time, depending on who you speak to, where you are and whether or not you have red hair or a dislike for Crocs ......

Yes Lee, that's what I was pointing at in my last post

when you ask before purchasing, they tell you it's included, but if you tell them that you've already purchased, then suddendly the policy has "just" changed (within the last 12 seconds)

Yes Lee, that's what I was pointing at in my last post

when you ask before purchasing, they tell you it's included, but if you tell them that you've already purchased, then suddendly the policy has "just" changed (within the last 12 seconds)

Going to dye my hair, change my shoes and stir my coffee anti clockwise and see if that reinstates the prints to my package then :lmao:

I think I might go lay down in a dark room after this :upsidedow

So we have that:
  • Prints package may or may not be included with the +:headache:
  • You may or may not be able to get a normal PP card scanned at the restaurant without buying the prints:headache:

Inconsistent - not Disney :rotfl:

Oh and the prints were now nearly $35 a set in July - wonder if thats why they don't want to give them away free now :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter