Photopass Photographer question....

Dinglehopper626

World Traveler (Epcot counts right?)
Obviously, I have used the photopass photographers and the memory maker a few times. I have always just done the "standard" photos. I have also done two photo sessions with a Disney photographer (honeymoon photo shoot and early morning MK wedding shoot). However, this trip DH and I are wanting to get a "special" photo. We are going to use the photo to announce our pregnancy to our families. We really just need the one specific photo.

I was just wondering, if I want a photo in a specific spot that is not a typical photopass spot, do I need to hire a Disney photographer or can I ask one of the photopass photographers to take a photo in a specific spot? I have never paid much attention to the photographers outside of the typical photos, so I wasn't sure if I could find one that was able to move away from their "station"?

You can definitely ask Photopass, typically there are roving photographers. And I have read of situations where people told Photopass about special things such as engagements where Photopass was able to work with them. You would most likely want to ask at the Photopass counter at the resort when you arrive, they would be able to help with scheduling and such. (You might be able to do it over the phone, but in person they may be better able to spread some pixie dust) Using Photopass always stands the chance of you being told "no", so be prepared with a plan B just in case that happens.

We are going to use the photo to announce our pregnancy to our families.

If you want to distribute the photo at a particular time, make sure you don't have people in your MDE friends and family list. The Photopass photos show up in your My Disney Experience account. If you have people in your Friends and Family list, they will be able to see the photo in their MDE account when it shows up in your account. If you want everyone to see the photo at the same time, you will have blown the surprise.

Also - I haven't noticed Photopass desks in the resorts in a long time. If they are there, I must have just walked past them. I stayed at Wilderness Lodge last month, and at BoardWalk twice last year.

Last month a photographer by the Wishing Well at Magic Kingdom told me that he had been pulled from the Main Street area for a marriage proposal. He said the couple had not shown up yet. So it's definitely possible, I just don't know how it is arranged.

To echo @verieniahall (think they lost a ' ) Photopass seems to have pulled out of the resorts, but they have desks in each of the parks. Usually shortly to the right after you enter, Epcot has theirs in the camera store under Spaceship Earth for instance.

To echo @verieniahall (think they lost a ' ) Photopass seems to have pulled out of the resorts, but they have desks in each of the parks. Usually shortly to the right after you enter, Epcot has theirs in the camera store under Spaceship Earth for instance.

It used to be: when you were in a park and facing the exit, Guest Relations would be somewhere on your right, and Photopass office would be somewhere on your left. Not sure if it is still that way.

It used to be: when you were in a park and facing the exit, Guest Relations would be somewhere on your right, and Photopass office would be somewhere on your left. Not sure if it is still that way.

Yes, you were referring facing the exit, I was referring facing the weenie (castle, tree, etc). Both talking about the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter