PhotoPass photographers being replaced with cameras

I think it’s kinda creepy in a way. So there will be a cast member to direct people in and out still I assume.

I mean I don’t use thier photographers anyway but it’s still kinda weird.

I have had a bunch of photo pass people want to use my camera vs theirs. Lol. Those pics r usually good cause they know what they r doing.

Maybe once they perfect the way creepy ai stunteonic robots that will prob stage an uprising eventually they will be the photopass people replacement bs the camera in a box.

What is the world coming to. We literally as humans take jobs away from ourselves. Why would somewho who sits behind a desk remotely think this is a good idea regardless of saving money. I’m telling u. We r our own worse enemy when it comes to tech.

I see this an epic fail on the part of Disney. Clearly, whoever made this decision never spent any time running a photography business. At any seminar on the business of photography, they stress "E-S-P". Expressions Sell Photographs!

You put a group of two or three little girls together with Tinkerbell and ask them all to look one way and smile, and you'll have to take 5 pictures to find ONE where they are all looking in the same direction and more than half are smiling! A really good photographer can direct the action and get a good shot with one or two shutter releases. It might take as long as 10 shots taken by the automatic camera, but the quality will be better, and the customers happier.

Personally, I've never really been happy with any of the photopass shots taken by photopass photographers. The backgrounds are too cluttered with people and such, and they bang out a few shots without spending a whole lot of time with anyone or taking a whole lot of care to see what's going on at the time the shutter is pressed. The closest I saw to good work was a photopass photographer working near the castle in the rose garden. He seemed to know what he was doing, and his pictures reflected that he knew more than "the basics".

Since this is not a DVC related topic, and we do try to keep discussions related somehow to DVC, I'm moving this to the Rumors and News board.

This is what you get when you demand $15 per hour for a minimum wage job - the company finds a cheaper way to replace you. We're not dealing with rocket science here. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter