Photopass Question

Tinkerbelle99

Mouseketeer
Here's my question...but a little background first..my sis and brother-in-law have gifted us this vacation; so it will be them with their son; hubby, me and our two children having fun in disney in two weeks. each family has their own room ressie, park hopper tix and ddp.

my sister and i thought it would be a great idea to prepurchse the photopass cd (as there is a prepurchase discount). we would combine our photopass cards and redeem the prepurchase cd as 1 family, with all our pix.

so, we have now each received our ressie packet for our trip. within the packet is a photopass card to register and use for our trip. so we each now have a photopass card (neither of us have registered it yet).

so, one of us will be pre purchasing the photopass cd. can we still both register our photopass cards and then include them both on the cd? If using the cards they sent us will mess up the photopass cd purchase, we will just skip it and just wait and get our photopass card at the time our first photo is taken at the parks.

gosh, i hope my question made sense....

All you have to do is create one online account and then register your cards with that account. Prepurchase the CD with that account.

You can have multiple cards in your account - we kept forgetting our card at the room and would get a new one from the first photopass photographer we met that day (they hand them out as needed). Between our family and the rest of our family members who were down there with us, we had over a dozen cards uploaded to our account.

As soon as you link a photopass card to an online account, you can't change it so be sure to use only ONE account for everyone or you won't be able to combine all your pics onto one CD.

We handled it by giving everyone the login credentials to the account and trusted everyone to get their stuff put in correctly. I gave everyone a deadline of 2 weeks before the pictures expired to have all their uploading and editing done (adding borders and such), called them to make sure they were done, and then ordered the CD.

The prepurchase shows up as a credit in your account after you put the CD in your cart so it's a zero balance (aside from a few bucks for shipping). Once the CD showed up, I made copies for everyone. The CD has a copyright release on it which some places will want to see if you have prints made (for some reason our local Walmart has always been a stickler for this).

ETA - I can't imagine that the cards they sent you are any different from the ones handed out in the parks. I'd create the online account and pop them both in there. If for some odd reason you do have a problem, just don't use them and pick them up at the parks.

Don't register both cards on separate accounts! And really, you don't have to register them now, anyway. Did she get the $99 pre-purchase price? You can use as many cards as you like on one account. They will give them to you when they take your pics.

Once one of you pre-orders, THEN you can register them both on that account. Or wait til you get home. Either will work fine. Don't forget to take a digital phot of the back of your card or write the numbers somewhere--just in case one gets lost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter