Photopass Questions for DPHM

dashofsunshine

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! I have posted in 3 different DPHM Facebook groups, and googled, but can't find a direct answer....so here I am, asking the experts! :thumbsup2

Running the Disney Princess half at WDW at the end of February, my first run Disney race (and first race anywhere over a 10k). We are not staying on site, and we never do - so, no magic bands. We are also only doing one park, so I'd really like to not buy an entire week of Memory Maker for two days.

I know I can buy the one day photo pass (at least, I think that is still an option) via the app, but I went into the app and tried to find the option to buy it - according to instructions I found online, it appears that the option to buy it will not be available until there are already linked photos in my app - is that correct?

Also, I understand that our photos will be linked to memory maker via our bib - but if I don't have memory maker? Will my bib link the photos to my Disney app?

Just trying to tie up all my loose ends. I lost 170 lbs to run this race - I WILL want the photos that are taken of me. Lol. Without question. Thanks guys!!

So I have an AP - can't help with your questions on the 1-day thing.

I think the main thing is to have a My Disney experience account. The way it works with runDisney is similar to when a CM takes your picture in a park and they give you one of those cards - then you put the code on the card into your account. For each race, you get a code that identifies the race and your bib number - put that code into your account and it finds your pictures (as long as your big number is visible). I'm guessing if you put they code into your account without having purchased PhotoPass the pics will be there with water marks or something, but I'm not totally sure.

Hope this helps a bit??
https://www.rundisney.com/blog/arti...service-joins-forces-with-rundisney-03-25-16/

Thank you SO much!! That is very helpful <3 I've actually never used one of those cards from the photopass people (lol, we do Disney every year, but it's just myself and my husband - we don't stay onsite, and just don't do a lot of "extras" - we use our iPhones for photos :rotfl: #cheapos), but I'm sure it will be self explanatory on how to link the bib, haha! I just went into the my Disney experience app and found the part under photo pass where they can scan a code from my phone, or I can input a card, so I bet that's where I do it!

I'm sure it will all be really easy and obvious when we get down there, and I'm worrying over nothing! :laughing:

Thank you SO much!! That is very helpful <3 I've actually never used one of those cards from the photopass people (lol, we do Disney every year, but it's just myself and my husband - we don't stay onsite, and just don't do a lot of "extras" - we use our iPhones for photos :rotfl: #cheapos), but I'm sure it will be self explanatory on how to link the bib, haha! I just went into the my Disney experience app and found the part under photo pass where they can scan a code from my phone, or I can input a card, so I bet that's where I do it!

I'm sure it will all be really easy and obvious when we get down there, and I'm worrying over nothing! :laughing:
Oh, I know what you mean! Neither do I - I very likely wouldn't have the pictures if I didn't have an AP with them included!

It's actually a little confusing to link to them on the app, but it sounds like you've found the right area. There will be some sort of 16-digit code in the race program - 1 code for each race. Likely something like 2017-WPRI-NHMx-xxxx

WPRIN is a total guess on my part, they just need a way to identify the race. Then you'd replace the xxxxx with your bib number - so if you're bib # 12345 your code for the half is 2017-WPRI-NHM1-2345

Add that to your account and your pics will start popping up within a few hours of the race! Biggest tip I can give you is to make sure that your bib number is easily visible, since that's the only way you'll get photos linked to you (the easiest way, anyway). :)

Oh, I know what you mean! Neither do I - I very likely wouldn't have the pictures if I didn't have an AP with them included!

It's actually a little confusing to link to them on the app, but it sounds like you've found the right area. There will be some sort of 16-digit code in the race program - 1 code for each race. Likely something like 2017-WPRI-NHMx-xxxx

WPRIN is a total guess on my part, they just need a way to identify the race. Then you'd replace the xxxxx with your bib number - so if you're bib # 12345 your code for the half is 2017-WPRI-NHM1-2345

Add that to your account and your pics will start popping up within a few hours of the race! Biggest tip I can give you is to make sure that your bib number is easily visible, since that's the only way you'll get photos linked to you (the easiest way, anyway). :)

This is SO helpful!!! Haha, thank you so much! I will be sure to make my bib number super clear for the photographers <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter