Photopass+ Worth it Right now?

egritz

Never too old for Disney!
Are there many photopass photographers around the parks these days? Considering getting the PP+ for our upcoming trip and I'm curious how available the photographers are. Also, are they still not taking your camera/phone to take pictures of your family for you with your own camera? TIA!

There are PP photographers around, though not in all of the places that they've always been. We got them at the castle, at Grizzly Peak, and at the Cars Land sign last week. We didn't see any at either of the statues, on Main Street, on the street at Cars Land, on the bridge into Pixar Pier, or by the airplane near Soarin'.

If I can ask a follow-up question...we've always purchased PhotoPass before arrival. Is it possible to have PP pics taken, get a card from them with the PP ID, and also take note of any on-ride photo numbers we like, and then decide at the end of the day whether or not to purchase PP and add all the photo ID's at that point?

Does that make sense? So we'd be deciding at the end of each day based on, say, the number of photos we took and wanted versus purchasing at the beginning of the day and then not really taking as many pics as we had planned on...?

Thanks!! :)

If I can ask a follow-up question...we've always purchased PhotoPass before arrival. Is it possible to have PP pics taken, get a card from them with the PP ID, and also take note of any on-ride photo numbers we like, and then decide at the end of the day whether or not to purchase PP and add all the photo ID's at that point?

Does that make sense? So we'd be deciding at the end of each day based on, say, the number of photos we took and wanted versus purchasing at the beginning of the day and then not really taking as many pics as we had planned on...?

Thanks!! :)
You used to be able to do this pre-covid, but I don't know about now. Good question! I did just realize it makes more sense for us to just buy daily for our 3 day trip than the week pass.

You used to be able to do this pre-covid, but I don't know about now. Good question! I did just realize it makes more sense for us to just buy daily for our 3 day trip than the week pass.
Yes, you can do this. I intend to purchase for our trip last week. We didn't buy ahead of time, because I wasn't sure how much we'd get out of it. But the pictures are in my account with watermarks - I just have to buy the PP.

Yes, you can do this. I intend to purchase for our trip last week. We didn't buy ahead of time, because I wasn't sure how much we'd get out of it. But the pictures are in my account with watermarks - I just have to buy the PP.

Thank you to you both! :)

Fun follow up: I paid for the PhotoPass One-Week yesterday, but my photos were still watermarked. So I called the number listed on the Disneyland website that says it's for PhotoPass Guest Support to get the thing I paid for applied to the pictures in my account (it is easy as pie). It is NOT actually for PhotoPass Guest Support. The number on the website is for general guest services and ticket sales. I was on hold for 45 minutes before I learned this and then was on hold for another 30 minutes before I got to the people I needed. The REAL PhotoPass Guest Support number isn't even in the 714 area code. (If anyone needs it, it is (407) 560-4300.)

Fun follow up: I paid for the PhotoPass One-Week yesterday, but my photos were still watermarked. So I called the number listed on the Disneyland website that says it's for PhotoPass Guest Support to get the thing I paid for applied to the pictures in my account (it is easy as pie). It is NOT actually for PhotoPass Guest Support. The number on the website is for general guest services and ticket sales. I was on hold for 45 minutes before I learned this and then was on hold for another 30 minutes before I got to the people I needed. The REAL PhotoPass Guest Support number isn't even in the 714 area code. (If anyone needs it, it is (407) 560-4300.)

Were you able to get access to your photos? Is there something you could have done while at the parks to get access? Did you buy the PhotoPass One-week in advance on the website or at the park? Just wondering because I'm going next week and was thinking of buying this. Thanks for including the real support number for people.

Were you able to get access to your photos? Is there something you could have done while at the parks to get access? Did you buy the PhotoPass One-week in advance on the website or at the park? Just wondering because I'm going next week and was thinking of buying this. Thanks for including the real support number for people.
I bought the One-Week thing two weeks after we returned from DL. In order to get it applied to your existing photos once you've paid for it, all you have to do is go to the earliest photo that's in your gallery (actually, any photo from the first day of your visit) and click on it. Below the gallery on the page is a button that says "Activate." As soon as you click that, the watermark is removed from all photos from that day until a week later.

Can you purchase individual shots a la carte like at WDW? I don't want to buy anything ahead of time, I'd rather wait and see what kind of photos we might get through the photopass and then decide to either pay for the week or just buy 1 or 2 individually.

Can you purchase individual shots a la carte like at WDW? I don't want to buy anything ahead of time, I'd rather wait and see what kind of photos we might get through the photopass and then decide to either pay for the week or just buy 1 or 2 individually.
You can buy the 1 week pass for $78
You can buy daily passes for $19.99
Or you can buy individual prints, I believe 5x7 cost $15?
The DL Photopass+ does include ride photos too

You can buy the 1 week pass for $78
You can buy daily passes for $19.99
Or you can buy individual prints, I believe 5x7 cost $15?
The DL Photopass+ does include ride photos too

Thanks! Where do you buy the daily passes? The only thing I can find is the 1 week pass for $78.

Thanks! Where do you buy the daily passes? The only thing I can find is the 1 week pass for $78.
In the Disneyland app--if I scroll down on the main screen, there's a "Disney PhotoPass+ One Day" image and text that says "Download Photos from One Day"

Prices for individual prints start at $18.95 for two 4x6 or 5x7 and go to $20.95 for a single 8x10. At that rate, you might as well pay for the one-day and make the most of it. I don't know if there's a way to purchase individual downloads - if there is, it doesn't show up for me since I've applied the PhotoPass+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter