[PHOTOS] Discovery Space Shuttle 2005 at KSC

Crawler Treads

41801094.CrawlerWheel.jpg

STS-114 at Dawn on 39B

Fuel sensor glitch in external tank forces scrub for first launch attempt.

46252013.STS114_Dawn_71305.jpg

STS_114 on Pad 39B
Taken Approx. 30 minutes before launch from the Moble Launch Platform (MLP) north of the VAB. We were asked to leave by security before launch :(

46779173.STS_114_Padfrommlp.jpg

Discovery Returning to KSC
Taken from the Mobile Launch Platform (MLP) north of the VAB Approx. 40 feet above ground. The 747 did a flyby of the VAB.

47993779.Landing747.jpg

Those were great pictures! How were you able to get in to get them all? Thanks for posting them!

TimNDansMom said:
Those were great pictures! How were you able to get in to get them all? Thanks for posting them!

Thanks.

Using a 400mm lense attached to a dSLR camera.

Hope ya liked it.

LOL, thanks for the camera info. Actually I wondered if you were on a tour of some kind? I didn't know that you could get pictures inside the building.

We took a tour in 2000 and found it very interesting but I think I remember the bus travelling by the shuttle building and an empty crawler sitting outside.

I can't wait to show DH your pictures when he gets home tonight! :cool1: We visited KSC after our Disney Cruise this past Feb. and everyone there had their fingers crossed for a successful shuttle this spring. You make it feel like we were right there with you. Thanks again. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter