Photos of First FTW Couture Wedding Event...

I think it was lovely! We were planning on using the classic elegance look until we have switched location 3 times in a week. We can't use the look at our new location but after those pictures I still wish we were.

Janet- How did you come across the pictures??

Kashmir104, I'm an engineer and thus have lots of tricks up my sleeve. ;) But I was serious when I mentioned that someone had asked for an opinion regarding digital cameras -- the professional kind, not the kind that the average consumer would purchase.

I was doing a blanket Internet search when the link came up (and if you know me, I don't normally "search" like the average person, my "search" is more like a wild person). I about died when I saw the photo of what appeared to be Richard, the gentleman from the Grand Floridian who oftentimes is seen in FTW photos:

DIS002.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's either Richard or Larry. The Greeters at the Grand Floridian are wonderful people. I love 'em all.

With my eye caught, I quickly read the blog and saw that the photographer had claimed to have photographed the very first FTW Couture Event. I am familiar with the photographer's work (he & his wife are excellent) and knew he was on the up-and-up with what he was claiming.

I don't read your Planning Journal, Kashmir104, since I don't really read anyone's (my time on the Dis is too limited -- I'm more like a drive-by-posting kinda gal -- I read the generic threads and help as much as I can in them). I was tempted to track down your PJ, though, since I knew you were planning a Couture Event. But I figured that if I put this info in a generic thread, it would reach a wider audience. I also knew word would eventually reach you, which it did.

The event looked lovely. And even though the bride had a lot of bridesmaids, I'm sure that's because she has a lot of people in her life who love her. It would be hard whittling down a list under such circumstances. Plus, it made for such an adorable photo:

DIS003.jpg

I simply loved the colors of the bridesmaids dresses & the floral bouquets. Stunning.

I also loved the following photo of the Wedding Pavilion:

DIS004.jpg

It appears that battery-operated candles were set up along the aisles (or at least they looked that way to me). I don't think I've seen photos of an item like that in the Wedding Pavilion before. It definitely caught my eye (you don't need to worry about open flames with those candles). I was sorry, however, that the wedding ceremony happened in the daylight hours. I would have loved to have seen how those candles looked in more subdued lighting, especially if they weren't your normal tapers.

The first time I viewed the photos, I completely missed the fact that David Tutera was in them. When I viewed the photos a second time and caught a glimpse of him, I had to laugh out loud. The photographer was very sneaky in how he captured Mr. Tutera in the pin-spot lighting of the cake table. Very sly.

DIS010.jpg

I should have known that Mr. Tutera would have been there for the first ever Couture Event. I've seen him on TV a few times and he always comes across as a man who truly loves what he does. And he appears to be very good at it. If he is involved with your event, Kashmir104, I'm sure it will be wonderful.

I wish a few photos of the rehearsal dinner would have been included. It would have been fun to have seen where it was held and how it was decorated. I'm sure it was lovely.

Again, I'm glad I stumbled upon those photos. Had I not been asked for my opinion on professional equipment, I might have never found them. I just love it when things work out that way. You set off down one path and end up on a completely different path. Ain't life grand?!

By the way, all those photos were taken by Maring Lifestyle Photographers: click here for their website. I hope they don't mind that I linked directly to them in the above post. They are excellent, excellent photographers.

not trying to be a downer, but am i the only one who's not too impressed with the couture collections?

PrincessBride010103, I kinda felt that way at first, too, but then I read a post of Kashmir104's a few weeks ago where she mentioned that things weren't quite as restricted with the Couture Events. Disney was willing to work with their Couture Event couples. I was pleased to hear that.

When Disney first announced the Couture Collection, I have to admit that it completely turned me off. There were four choices. Period. And you had to pick one of 'em. Well, I'm the type of person who does not like being told what to do. I need to have a lot of leeway and thus I decided that a Couture Event would never be for me. It simply wouldn't suit my wild & crazy personality. But after reading that things have loosened up a bit, I started to change my tune. I'm more open-minded about the events now, and that's a good thing.

Now that I've seen a few photos from an actual Couture Event, it will be fun to see how Kashmir104's event turns out next year. I bet it will be wonderful.

I feel total evil and catty for saying this, but I don't mean it to sound as bad as it does.

Here, let me try and put a better spin on it...if I had the choice, I probably would have gone with a different silhouette on my wedding gown.

Is that better than saying I didn't care for the dress at all? :confused3

I feel total evil and catty for saying this, but I don't mean it to sound as bad as it does.

Here, let me try and put a better spin on it...if I had the choice, I probably would have gone with a different silhouette on my wedding gown.

Is that better than saying I didn't care for the dress at all? :confused3

OMG, DF said that exact SAME thing! He was like "that dress makes her butt look horrible!" And I was like "ohhhhhh so you are looking at her butt! and then he said "only because it sticks out like a sore thumb!" lol

Handbag Lady and Skylarr29, you guys are wicked! Please remind me to never let you see a rear-view of me!

Seriously, I know that you two weren't being mean with your posts, have no fear. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to clothing -- and that is exactly as it should be. But I'm still not going to let you see the flip-side of me. Ever! :scared1:

;)

Does anyone know where the rehearsal party was held? Does it need to be held at the Contemporary Resort if you are planning a FTW Couture event?

I have to disagree - I thought she had a nice curvy shape to pull off that dress. Now me, I am a bit too pear shaped to get away with that :scared1: LOL!!

Does anyone know where the rehearsal party was held? Does it need to be held at the Contemporary Resort if you are planning a FTW Couture event?

Yep, they are held exclusively at Disney's Contemporary Resort... Her rehearsal dinner was there as well. Although she picked such distinctive styles that I'm sure no one even noticed it was in the same place! Plus, from what i saw the convention center is so large that it could've been on one floor one night and the other for the wedding.

http://disneyweddings.go.com/site/wed/cou/rec/index.jsp

I have to disagree - I thought she had a nice curvy shape to pull off that dress. Now me, I am a bit too pear shaped to get away with that :scared1: LOL!!

I think her dress was beautiful!!! and it look's great on her,not once did I think OMG look at her butt. She was a beautfil bride and who am I or anybody else to say otherwise lol.

Janet thank you for sharing the pictures,I love them all Love all the PINK!!!

I think her dress was beautiful!!! and it look's great on her,not once did I think OMG look at her butt. She was a beautfil bride and who am I or anybody else to say otherwise lol.

Janet thank you for sharing the pictures,I love them all Love all the PINK!!!

I agree! I loved her dress. I personally could not wear that dress (I'm too damn short!) but I loved it! I think it takes a super confident, tall, and beautiful woman to wear than - and I think she pulled it off! :)

I am sorry, I am still fairly new to this board and I can't find the answer to this...
How much are the couture events? For some reason the number 50k and 100k is sticking in my mind.

I am sorry, I am still fairly new to this board and I can't find the answer to this...
How much are the couture events? For some reason the number 50k and 100k is sticking in my mind.

When I was looking into the couture look I believe I was told it was 45K for the decor package (Centerpieces, linens, all the things for the ball room design etc.) with a food and beverage minimum of $200 per person and I think 3K for the ceremony decor package The decor price is for 50 guests, the cost goes up more if you need more centerpieces etc.

PM me if you'd like to know more about the pricing... how many people are you interested in hosting? I will try to help you out!!

That does look like GF carpet. I know they offered me the couture look at the Grand Floridian when I was looking into it.

I love her dress, she has a nice butt! I wish i could pull off that dress!!.. i have the smallest butt ever.. i look like a frog standing up :rotfl:
I love the j-lo look

They didn't offer it to me :confused3 and the GF is my favoritest hotel in the whole wide world :sad2:

I should probably mention I haven't traveled much... but still! I think you see my point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter