Photos on Spaceship Earth

The worst photo I have ever had taken was on that ride a couple years ago. Somehow it caught me mid blink and I looked completely strung out. We laughed so hard the whole "trip back to earth" at the video. Then I cringed in horror as it was put up in the exit activity area. I have to say I won't be upset if it doesn't take photos later this month but my daughter will. She won't let me forget that awful awful photo lol

They are waiting for a part to fix the portrait/camera issue, I was told Thursday by a manager cm there. (It was broken both in mid June when we went, and when we were there past 10 days. So I asked because my kids love it. They have to wait for an unusual part to come in to fix it. Who knows if it's accurate info. Just saying what I was told.)

It wasn't working for us in late May of this year, disappointed because we love to get that little animated email, pretty fun souvenir. Surprised it hasn't been fixed since then though.

We rode it multiple times during our trip (8/2-8/12) and it never worked for us either. We just got the generic faces with the future we picked. Hopefully this is on the rehab schedule soon, it's one of our favorites!

Really? I hope it is fixed by my November trip. I love Spaceship Earth and the whole planning the future part. I have several of the emails that I've sent to myself from that ride saved, and I love to laugh at them every now and then.

We rode it a few times this past week and it did not work. Funny tho, at the beginning of the ride, the camera's flash like they are taking your picture but then your photo never shows up:confused3

we missed that part too last week. We like to make goofy faces for those photos.

Didn't work for us in late June either.

Then again, the generic photo is probably better than showing my ugly mug... :scared: :D

I look gorgeous in my Driver's License photo in comparison to the mugshots they take on this ride.

Everytime i look 40 lbs heavier or blinking or whatever.

W
We've just returned from a wonderful 5 week holiday at WDW.
Has anyone else noticed that the photos on Spaceship Earth no longer work? We rode it multiple times and it never worked once. During our last week, the little screens at the end of the ride, where you send an email of your photo, was gone too.
Can't say I noticed much at the start of the holiday, but towards the end it was so obvious. Has anyone else noticed? Wonder how long it's been broken for.
We noticed you can stand around for 20 min and STILL not see your car's occupant photos. I was also surprised Disney had shoddy "out of service" signs posted on the photo booths.

We were there 8/4 - 8/10 and rode it probably 4 times. It worked for us every time except one. Guess we were lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter