• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pic Request: Villas With The New "Bed Scarf"

JAMIESMITH

DIS Veteran
I would love to see photos of the rooms in the villas with the new "bed scarf" instead of the old comforters. I'm particularly interested in Animal Kingdom Villas and Boardwalk Villas studios, but would love to see any of the others!

I would also be interested in seeing pics of BWV-- just booked there for the week of July 4th! :)

Ooh yes! I'd like to see too please, I'm heading off to the world in march so I'll make sure to get pics of BCV, BWV and AKL :)

E778DF0A-388A-440D-9EF8-47F995254F6F_zps1dmbzgxp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/...A-388A-440D-9EF8-47F995254F6F_zps1dmbzgxp.jpg

Grand Floridian Villas

I'll apologize in advance for the stupid question, but what are you supposed to do with the bed scarf? It's obviously not meant to cover anybody, so do you just remove it when going to bed?

I'll apologize in advance for the stupid question, but what are you supposed to do with the bed scarf? It's obviously not meant to cover anybody, so do you just remove it when going to bed?

I leave it on. Then again, I left the big comforters on, too. :)

Boardwalk Villa Studio just last month.

DSCF1744_zpsbe04996e.jpg

I was watching a new video done by allears of an accessible 1BR at AKV jambo and noticed that it shows the new bed scarf for the resort at approx 1 minute in. It's cute! For whatever reason it's not the old bedspread cut up. Perhaps they were discovering that the labor to do that was not any cost savings over purchasing new - at least I think it would be rather expensive. :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIDPyn7Bb2Q&feature=youtu.be&a

I am at VGC right now, and they have the gross big whole bedspreads here. I am used to hotels using the scarfs now, so it looked so odd to me.

Odd, because I know Paradise Pier has scarfs, and I think the DL Hotel as well.

I was watching a new video done by allears of an accessible 1BR at AKV jambo and noticed that it shows the new bed scarf for the resort at approx 1 minute in. It's cute! For whatever reason it's not the old bedspread cut up. Perhaps they were discovering that the labor to do that was not any cost savings over purchasing new - at least I think it would be rather expensive. :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIDPyn7Bb2Q&feature=youtu.be&a
Interesting video. There is a lighted makeup mirror in the bathroom! Based on all the toiletries on the bathroom vanity, I'm thinking this is the Club Level HA 1BR. Maybe that's why it has the nice makeup mirror.

Interesting video. There is a lighted makeup mirror in the bathroom! Based on all the toiletries on the bathroom vanity, I'm thinking this is the Club Level HA 1BR. Maybe that's why it has the nice makeup mirror.

At the start they show it as 6202 so it is! Our 2 1BR stays at Jambo were both Concierge so I hadn't even realized that the other rooms didn't have the mirror.

At the start they show it as 6202 so it is!
How did I miss that??? Thanks!

Our 2 1BR stays at Jambo were both Concierge so I hadn't even realized that the other rooms didn't have the mirror.
My 1BR stays have been in Kidani and they do not have any sort of magnifying mirror, lighted or not.

We have never stayed i n a hotel with a bed scarf. This may be a stupid question , but are there just sheets then - no blanket?
I could see where it is cleaner , but wouldn't it be cold? :confused3

Aaahhhhh booooo I can't see the video for some reason :(

Here's a link the the page it's posted on allears but I don't know if that will help. It's a video on youtub and is the one of the 1 Bedroom accessible Jambo villa.

http://allears.net/acc/g-jambo-house-animal-kingdom-lodge-disney-vacation-club.htm

We have never stayed i n a hotel with a bed scarf. This may be a stupid question , but are there just sheets then - no blanket?
I could see where it is cleaner , but wouldn't it be cold? :confused3

It's a bottom sheet and then a blanket sandwiched by 2 additional sheets although the top is actually a heavier material. I found it to be very comfortable and was not cold.

Thank you so much! I could see it on that page :) I'm not sure I like that it's different fabric, though I'm going in 3 weeks so I guess I can decide for myself then :)

Is it just me, or do these look stupid? HATE them all.

No, it isn't just you. They look like unmade beds with a piece of fabric tossed on the end. We had to make our beds when I was growing up; if I had left mine looking like that, I'd have been in trouble! And I'll repeat what I've said many times - why do they put those nasty, dirty throw pillows on top of the clean sheets & pillowcases?

Beg to differ!! I love the look! Reminds me of great hotels in Europe.

And I'm just so happy that everything gets washed regularly so I'm not sitting with those comforters wondering how many germs they're carrying.

I'd toss the pillows, yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter