• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pic Request: Villas With The New "Bed Scarf"

Is it just me, or do these look stupid? HATE them all.

Have you seen them in person? In pictures, it looks stark and stupid. In person, however, I felt very differently. We got to stay at Pop, BW (the picture I posted in response to the OP wanting to see a BW studio), SSR, and ASMusic in January, and each top sheet was slightly different from each other, and it worked MUCH better in person than it does in any picture I have seen or taken. For some reason the white on white designs on the top sheets just don't come through in pictures.

And I'll repeat what I've said many times - why do they put those nasty, dirty throw pillows on top of the clean sheets & pillowcases?

I agree.

I didn't mind the comforters because I would fold the sheet down over the comforter, and if it slipped, well, it's my upper arm that would get germy, and I wash my upper arms, LOL. But if the dirty pillow is on the pillow I'm sleeping on, that's not my upper arms getting those germs. So...ew.

Meh, I don't love or hate the look. Soft goods will change with time, and one of the first things I do when we go in our room is check for bedbugs and fold up/remove the bedspread to the closet for the remainder of the stay.

Always ticked me off how on full housekeeping day they remade the bed with the bedspread just so I'd have to take it back off. :lmao:

KAT4DISNEY said:
I was watching a new video done by allears of an accessible 1BR at AKV jambo and noticed that it shows the new bed scarf for the resort at approx 1 minute in. It's cute! For whatever reason it's not the old bedspread cut up. Perhaps they were discovering that the labor to do that was not any cost savings over purchasing new - at least I think it would be rather expensive. :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIDPyn7Bb2Q&feature=youtu.be&a

Maybe it's because the AKL bedspreads were a bit dated. They were not the best quality materials. I am getting ready to go to sleep one now and I love the new AKL look. I think it brightens the room a bit.

Is it just me, or do these look stupid? HATE them all.

You and me, Diane. It would be different if they actually had a throw on the bed that you could cover up with. But a strip of fabric looks stupid, especially on the white sheet.

It's what all the nice hotels are doing these days. I think the old bedspreads make them look 'motel-y'. I'm glad disney finally caught up with the trend. For those that haven't seen them in person- it really does look better than the photos show. Sleek, clean, polished. Of course, it's all opinion and many people feel differently, but whoever is in charge of 'hotel bedding trends' (across America, not just WDW) has deemed this the new look!

We had them when we were in AoA this past fall. They look nice and sleek like the new trend. However, I WAS COLD! maybe my family likes the room colder, so I was always wanting another cover. Maybe I should have ordered another blanket :confused3
However, being pretty is 1 thing, but all these things do is end up on the floor, which is a PITA I think. as soon as you get into bed, they slide off. Then in the morning, they have to be picked up so you don't trip on them and are not easy to get to stay on the bed (and also dirty from being on the floor, people walking on them, dirty shoes on them, etc etc).
But, I can't say I liked the comforters any better honestly... ;)

Something a lot of people may not be aware of is that these bed scarves accomplish two things. They keep the clean white bedding free of dirt from 1) dirty luggage that gets set on the end of the bed upon entering a room and 2) folks that lay on the top of the bedding with their dirty feet/shoes.

I, for one, like them! Everything just seems cleaner.

Something a lot of people may not be aware of is that these bed scarves accomplish two things. They keep the clean white bedding free of dirt from 1) dirty luggage that gets set on the end of the bed upon entering a room and 2) folks that lay on the top of the bedding with their dirty feet/shoes.

I, for one, like them! Everything just seems cleaner.

When you put it that way... :scared1:
I'll be sure to pull those off right away, I was actually thinking they might be cleaner than the bedspreads and we could leave them on longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter