Which day should we plan for Magic Kingdom

• Lower crowd day (4) with pre-park opening Be Our Guest reservation

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Higher crowd day (8) with early morning magic hours

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

kmsboomer

Earning My Ears
We are scheduled for a trip in April. I am trying to decide which day we should go to Magic Kingdom. It will be my husband, 7 year old, 3 year old, and me. We do not plan on visiting any characters. We went last year, and my son isn't that interested in them and my daughter was terrified of the plush characters and not terribly interested in princesses. Due to my kids' interests, we will not be riding Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, or Pirates of the Caribbean.

We could pick a day with Early Morning Magic (which we have done before and loved); however, this day is ranked as a much busier day on the Touring Plans crowd calendar (8). Our other option is to pick a day without early morning magic but with a less by day on the Touring Plans crowd calendar (4). I've checked several other crowd calendars, and they all confirm that the crowds will be high on the day with Early Morning Magic. We will not have park hoppers, and we only have one day at Magic Kingdom this trip. Would we be better off picking the day with Early Morning Magic so we could get the majority of Fantasy Land done before park open, or would we better off doing Magic Kingdom on a substantially lower crowd day? I do have an 8:05 a.m. reservation for Be Our Guest for the day without early morning magic.

I’d personally do the EMM day. You’ll be well ahead of the crowd when the park opens and crowd calendars aren’t as accurate as they used to be anyway. MK is pretty much always crowded, but with the EMM, FPS and good planning you’ll be fine

When you say Early Morning Magic, you mean the free EMH (Early Magic Hours), right?

We have learned to avoid EMH days, because we never have Park Hopper tickets, and the EMH days are invariably more crowded than the non-EMH days. The first hour (EMH) is great, but then the rest of the day is not so good for getting things done.

I do not mean the free extra magic hours. I mean the paid ticketed event that opens Fantasy Land at 7:45 am on a day with a 9 am park opening. We did it on our last trip, and it was fantastic. We were able to get all of Fantasy Land completed (including 2 rides on 7DM) by 8:50.

I question if it’s worth spending the extra money if the park is more crowded that day and we would have issues later in the day with crowds. We won’t have park hoppers this trip, so once we are at a park, that’s it for the day.

I do not mean the free extra magic hours. I mean the paid ticketed event that opens Fantasy Land at 7:45 am on a day with a 9 am park opening. We did it on our last trip, and it was fantastic. We were able to get all of Fantasy Land completed (including 2 rides on 7DM) by 8:50.

I question if it’s worth spending the extra money if the park is more crowded that day and we would have issues later in the day with crowds. We won’t have park hoppers this trip, so once we are at a park, that’s it for the day.

Oops, sorry, I misunderstood.

Have never done EMM, so I can't really offer a good opinion on that.

I would do the EMM event. As you’ve done it before, you know how much can be accomplished and they have added rides -it now includes 7 attractions and carousel might be running if you’re lucky.

We also have just one Park day later this month with kids 1, 2 and 7 and we’re doing MK. We also had early BOG booked but as soon as EMM opened for our day, I booked it and canceled BOG. We plan to head to Tomorrowland at 9:00 and ride Buzz and hopefully one more thing before breakfast at Cosmic Rays. In a way EMM “saves money” lol - since you aren’t paying for BOG breakfast to get into the park early. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter