• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Picking up tickets early..

I have met Hook's Girl. She is a Guest Relations Trainer at one of the Theme Parks. She is even more knowledgeable about weird ticketing procedures than I am.

Check cast member procedures and policies under Magic Your Way Tickets as a Package component:

Guests booking a Magic Your Way Package or a Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining receive the Magic Your Way Base Ticket. This ticket offers the Guests vacation flexibility because they get to select the number of admission days they want, and also get to choose from the following available option plans:
Park Hopper Option - Allows Guests to enter more than one park on the same day
Water Park Fun & More Option - Allows Guests a specified number of visits to other gated attractions
No Expiration Option - Unused Days Never Expire

Remember that these tickets expire 14 days from first use, unless the ticket is booked with the "No Expiration" Option.
All Guests traveling on the same Travel Plan who book either a Magic Your Way Package or a Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining will receive the same Magic Your Way Ticket and package options.
Guests traveling on a WDTC package can be offered other great WDTC products like airport transfers, car rental, vacation insurance, Cirque du Soleil, Beach Resorts, and the Richard Petty Driving Experience!

Ticket Fulfillment
Ticket fulfillment for Magic Your Way Tickets will be on their Key to the World Card (Resort ID Card).
These tickets can not be set up as "Will Call" or be obtained prior to the check-in date of the package.
Guests may not pick up their tickets prior to the day of their scheduled check-in. Guest may check-in early on their scheduled check-in day to receive their Key to the World Card with the admission media purchased.

If you have company email, I can forward you an email as well.

Is this something that is supposed to be noted on your reservation that you plan to pick the tickets up early? Saw mention of "approval code"?

just curious.
when we did it last year, never noted it on reservation or anything, just went by what I read in the tickets sticky on here and knew could do it, went to DTD and was very simple to do.

Ticket Fulfillment
Ticket fulfillment for Magic Your Way Tickets will be on their Key to the World Card (Resort ID Card).
These tickets can not be set up as "Will Call" or be obtained prior to the check-in date of the package.
Guests may not pick up their tickets prior to the day of their scheduled check-in. Guest may check-in early on their scheduled check-in day to receive their Key to the World Card with the admission media purchased.

Rachaelt, feel free to pass up the line that if they stick with this policy, Universal will be thanking them for all of the business they're about to get.

Not only will I skip that day at the parks and the money I would have spent there including the out of pocket meals, there is no reason for me to stay in a Disney resort the two nights I would have at their way out of line prices if they won't allow me to pick up tickets I have paid for.

If their goal with this "policy" is to alienate some of their informed customer base, they're going to succeed.

We have an 8 day park hopper and water park and more option for our upcoming trip. We check in on Oct 27th. However we were coming down to Florida on Oct 24th and I wanted to pick up my tickets 3 days ahead of time and my travel agent told me I would not be able to pick up my tickets in advance. Is this information correct or incorrect? What really is the bottom line. Now we are staying at universal for the 3 nights before our disney trip..when originally I had wanted to stay at akl because we had never stayed there before.

It would be in disney's best interest to allow people with packages to pick up their tickets in advance. I am the perfect example of this If I was allowed to pick up my tickets ahead of my scheduled check in date I would be spending my time in money in a disney park/resort..Now because I was told by my travel agent I can not we are now spending 3 days at universal.

Rachaelt, feel free to pass up the line that if they stick with this policy, Universal will be thanking them for all of the business they're about to get.

Not only will I skip that day at the parks and the money I would have spent there including the out of pocket meals, there is no reason for me to stay in a Disney resort the two nights I would have at their way out of line prices if they won't allow me to pick up tickets I have paid for.

If their goal with this "policy" is to alienate some of their informed customer base, they're going to succeed.

Not only would they miss out on the money that I would be spending in their parks for food the 1st three days of my trip (before free dining begins), I would also have to reduce my tickets from 10 day PHs to 7 day PHs. And as you stated, there is no reason, then, to stay on property those 3 days because I can't use the EMHs that are the big perk for us staying on site, so I wouldn't be buying food at their resort, either. That is a lot of money that Disney would be passing up on. :confused3

I already have a reservation for BVS for a lot cheaper with free breakfast. That synopsis for the 1st three nights of our trip looks a lot more tempting with no tickets....

We have an 8 day park hopper and water park and more option for our upcoming trip. We check in on Oct 27th. However we were coming down to Florida on Oct 24th and I wanted to pick up my tickets 3 days ahead of time and my travel agent told me I would not be able to pick up my tickets in advance. Is this information correct or incorrect? What really is the bottom line. Now we are staying at universal for the 3 nights before our disney trip..when originally I had wanted to stay at akl because we had never stayed there before.

It would be in disney's best interest to allow people with packages to pick up their tickets in advance. I am the perfect example of this If I was allowed to pick up my tickets ahead of my scheduled check in date I would be spending my time in money in a disney park/resort..Now because I was told by my travel agent I can not we are now spending 3 days at universal.

Your TA is correct. We now have to note reservations that you've been advised of this as well. In order for early pickup of tickets to not be problematic, the cancellation guidelines would need to be adjusted.

Your TA is correct. We now have to note reservations that you've been advised of this as well. In order for early pickup of tickets to not be problematic, the cancellation guidelines would need to be adjusted.

okay thank you it's a shame however that you can not pick up your tickets earlier.

Check cast member procedures and policies under Magic Your Way Tickets as a Package component:

Guests booking a Magic Your Way Package or a Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining receive the Magic Your Way Base Ticket. This ticket offers the Guests vacation flexibility because they get to select the number of admission days they want, and also get to choose from the following available option plans:
Water Park Fun & More Option - Allows Guests a specified number of visits to other gated attractions

Remember that these tickets expire 14 days from first use, unless the ticket is booked with the "No Expiration" Option.
All Guests traveling on the same Travel Plan who book either a Magic Your Way Package or a Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining will receive the same Magic Your Way Ticket and package options.
Guests traveling on a WDTC package can be offered other great WDTC products like airport transfers, car rental, vacation insurance, Cirque du Soleil, Beach Resorts, and the Richard Petty Driving Experience!

Ticket Fulfillment

If you have company email, I can forward you an email as well.

RachaelT. This is my big problem. Hook's Girl who is a CM...and not just any CM, but one who is in charge of actually TRAINING people, is refuting this. She says that early ticket pick up is still a valid procedure. Wouldn't she be one of the first to know about this new "enforcement", especially if she is responsible fot training people to follow the policy? Why is CRO the only ones getting this info, when they have nothing to do with issueing tickets early? Doesn't make sense to me. Sounds like Disney is going to have a huge problem if their own employees are saying opposite things. As a company they need to make a decision and stick with it. This is getting rediculous.

RachaelT just said that the wording she's been posting all over the DIS is the same policy that's been in place for the past 1.5 years.

So basically, nothing has changed
557971148_c01bc7f605.jpg

What I said was that this policy hasn't changed in a year and a half. This one:

Ticket Fulfillment

That it was just going to be more strictly enforced.

To which I can add this email, received day before yesterday.

Team,

Please remember to let your Guests know that if they are booking a room only reservation prior to their free dine offer, that they will not be able to pick up tickets until the package reservation starts. We have received several call backs with this question. Be sure to note the reservation that you informed the Guest in this situation.

Thanks!

And this advisory that came out yesterday:

With the influx of calls regarding the free dine offer please remember the policy regarding guests picking up tickets attached to a WDTC package.

Guests may not pick up their tickets prior to the date of their scheduled check-in for their WDTC MYW package reservation. Magic Your Way tickets cannot be pick-up prior to the check-in date of their package reservation. These tickets are fulfilled at the front desk and will be on their room key.

What I said was that this policy hasn't changed in a year and a half. That it was just going to be more strictly enforced.

And until I actually see reports of people having difficulty picking up their ticket media, I'm going to continue to believe that "enforcement" won't be changing.

I don't know how it isn't adding up. It's fairly simple reading comprehension. I posted the policy, acknowledged that in the past it had been allowed on some occasions, and posted that not only will it not in the future be allowed, but that we will have to note that the guest has been made aware of the policy.

I don't know how it isn't adding up. It's fairly simple reading comprehension. I posted the policy, acknowledged that in the past it had been allowed on some occasions, and posted that not only will it not in the future be allowed, but that we will have to note that the guest has been made aware of the policy.

Where it isn't adding up is the fact that it was allowed ANY TIME a guest asked to do so.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter