picky eater- can one person not be on DDP

essmom

DIS Veteran
My 11 year old is very picky- eats chicken fingers, grilled cheese, PBJ- no pizzas or hamburgers yet- he's trying more things now though-I was thinking about doing DDP but not for him- just me and my 13 year old- will they let you do that and he can either eat off kids menu(OOP) or eat before/after we eat dinner-

Depends if you are going to do a package or not. My understanding that with packages, everyone in the room has to have the same package, but I may be wrong. If you are doing things in pieces, then this should not be a problem. I have a nephew who is the same way. His brothers eat almost anything, but not him. I'm fairly picky, but not that bad.

we don't have a package -just a room at Beach club- bought our tickets from Ticketmania- I'll call today and confirm it- It seems like it's a good deal if you eat but if you don't it seems like a big waste of money!! So if he's not on the DDP- will they let him eat off the little kids menu since he's 11- did I read they'll charge me full adult prices- even if he's not on DDP- does that make sense??

essmom, you can't even have the Dining Plan, since you aren't getting tickets, so your problem is solved really. And he can eat from the childrens menus, so don't worry about that.

You have to buy a package to get the DDP--free or purchased. Everyone in your room needs to be on the same package. The DDP must be for your entire length of the reservation.

The only way you can have a room that qualifies for paid DDP without buying at least a one day park ticket as part of the package is if you are staying as DVC on points (either owner or renter).

I supposed you can have someone staying in your room who is not registered--this is probably not cool. Of course, that person won't have a KTTW card, and won't be eligible for any EMH or other goodies that need the card.

You can certainly buy food off the kid's meal for your 11 year old. He would pay full adult price at family style and buffets, or course. When he orders a kid portion off the kid menu, he would pay the kid price. If he orders an adult portion off the kid menu (double or triple serving size), he would be charged as an adult. I have ordered a kid menu meal for myself and paid kid price, so I know this is absolutely correct.

My DD is the same way. She is 10 so she is an "adult" in Disney's eyes, but she will only eat typical kid food. I'll be on the free dining so I don't care what she orders. However, I'm second guessing the dining plan in the future. It's not worth it for her but it's so nice not to have to worry about what the meals cost!

Thanks- ya'll answered my question- we can't even do the dining plan since we didn't get a package- and glad he can get kids meals !!WE can't wait- Only 31 more days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter