• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Picky Eater Test

I eat them all... kinda explains why I needed/chose bariatric surgery, I guess. Actually I am not a huge fan of raw fish, but I'll eat it. I'm also not crazy about sushi but that's because of the seaweed... but I'll eat it. (was sushi even on the list?)

I have no texture issues, hardly any food grosses me out, but I think the texture thing is pretty common. One thing I don't think I could eat again under any circumstances is brains (insert zombie joke here.) I've also eaten chocolate covered bugs (kind of on a dare.) They weren't terrible but I'll pass the next time the offer comes up.

Hmm... brains. I've had them sliced, sautéed in brown butter, and served with cheese sauce and scrambled eggs. Not awful, but, I probably would pass next time (although I LOVE marrow, so...). However after several years of doing Alzheimer's research, I learned a LOT about prions and such that infect different types of brain, so I'd honestly be extremely careful about the source of the brain. Gotta be really careful, like with puffer fish. I grew up in a family that eats chicken livers, hearts, and gizzards, as well as tripe (which I love), but I would not eat bugs, not any kind. It's the esthetics of the issue that bother me.

won't - grapefruit, the rest are textural: broccoli, cauliflower, avocado

I have never tried: liver, beets, oysters, or eggplant. Of those, I don't expect to like the liver (I have tried liver pate, but I assume it means more liver & onions), but I'm open to trying the rest.

I wasn't sure about the raw fish, but then we experienced Hawaiian poke. We have that about once every 2 weeks now. It's marinated, but uncooked.

Just 1 that I won't touch - liver. Just no.
And ketchup... I can eat it on meatloaf, and I can eat it mixed with mayo as a fry dip. In any other circumstance, even the smell makes me gag. I like all other tomato/tomato products though.

Just 11. Blue cheese, Raw fish, liver, mushrooms, eggplant, tofu, cottage cheese, snails, oyster, avocado and grapefruit. Yes, I've tried them all. No, I do not like them, Sam I Am.

I think I'm fairly picky, because avocado, mushrooms, eggplant, grapefruit and cottage cheese are not 'unusual' items. The tofu, eggplant, and avocado are mostly due to texture (if the tofu is fried crispy, I might eat it; this is the same reason I don't eat mango and prefer to not eat peaches). The blue cheese and mushrooms just turn my stomach (penicillin and fungi, eww). The cottage cheese is not only a bad texture, it tastes horrible. The grapefruit is....ok....I guess, but it is too bitter to me. Liver and rawfish aren't good for me; and I hate snails and oysters.

Oops. make that 12. I missed olives. I do not like the flavor of them at all, although when I was young, I ate black olives every chance I got.

I am a 3ish. I will not eat liver, raw fish or cottage cheese. I also am not a fan of mayo on a sandwich but will eat it in dips, deviled eggs etc. There are others on the list that I will eat, usually because they are good for me—Brussel sprouts I’m looking at you—but won’t necessarily enjoy.

I also may not be willing to try spaghetti at Kimblebee’s house.🤭

I can't decide on my score. There are things I'm not crazy about (like grapefruit), and I've never been a coffee drinker, but I wouldn't run screaming from them. Some, like beets and Brussels sprouts, depend on how (and how well) they're prepared.

I've never had liver (any kind) but I have an "Eww" attitude toward it. Not sure about oysters and raw fish, but could be persuaded to try, and would actually be interested to try (good) escargot.

I do have 4 NO WAY foods, but only two of them made the list: mushrooms, coconut, green pepper and cherries.

12 for me. But most of them are ones I have tried and just don't like them. A few I haven't tried.
Those I've had:
No cucumbers - everything tastes like cucumbers for days afterward
No coffee - never did like the tasted of it.
No crab - don't like the texture
Same with eggplant
Definitely no Brussels sprouts - just hate them
Watermelon - makes me sick
I've had escargot - don't need to eat it every again
Coconut - fresh, yes, thank you. Processed? Nope.

Those I haven't:
Haven't tried Nutella - don't really want to.
No oysters - yuck
Raw fish - no way
Tofu - why?????

My NO WAY list: canned tuna, crab, oysters, peanut butter, raw fish, snails, liver, tofu, olives

These I don't like, but can eat cooked in things or when choices are limited: cooked fish (only mild ones like cod, not salmon or swordfish or anything stinky), mustard, shrimp (only the tiny ones in fried rice), tomatoes (only cooked), white chocolate, celery, mushrooms, eggplant, beets, cottage cheese, peas

1. Coconut. Hate coconut.

I didn't include shellfish (shrimp, oysters, escargot), though I can't eat them now as I have recently discovered I have a food intolerance of shellfish. I don't feel this counts because I used to eat them in small amounts - but no food is worth projectile vomiting so hard you can't breathe.

I suppose 0 since I've had everything on the list. But although I liked escargot as a kid, I'm not interested in having it again since now the idea of it grosses me out. And I'm not a huge fan of cottage cheese unless it's part of something else like sous vide egg bites.

3 that are a "no". Oysters (raw--I would probably eat them fried but have never had them) snails, and liver.

3 that I don't really care for but would still eat if I absolutely had to: cauliflower, grapefruit, and cottage cheese.

The rest of the list is delicious!

13 for me. Would have been 14 but I recently discovered roasted broccoli so I'll eat it that way only

17. Growing up I was allergic to seafood. I'm not anymore but I now have an aversion to it. I guess that's what happens when you're told for almost half your life that eating something will make you sick. As for pickiness, I don't think allergies count.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter