** Picture of the Day 3 **

DSC_1940-XL.jpg

DD and family boarded their plane for home yesterday; as they pulled away from the gate the pilot announced they'd be holding briefly for "a VIP transport". She sent me a text to let me know they'd be delayed and I told her I was pretty sure that "hold" was for President Trump. She was super excited to get a picture of Air Force One...and Air Force Two when they took off....

410299 :tink:

Last edited:

DD and family boarded their plane for home yesterday; as they pulled away from the gate the pilot announced they'd be holding briefly for "a VIP transport". She sent me a text to let me know they'd be delayed and I told her I was pretty sure that "hold" was for President Trump. She was super excited to get a picture of Air Force One...and Air Force Two when the took off....

View attachment 410299 :tink:

Exciting finale to their trip!!!

One of the plusses of growing up next door to Andrews Air Force Base was watching Air Force One (and siblings) take off and land on a regular basis. And we could always tell when the president was heading to Camp David (helicopters in threes).

And I'm sure you are happy to see them all again!

Exciting finale to their trip!!!

One of the plusses of growing up next door to Andrews Air Force Base was watching Air Force One (and siblings) take off and land on a regular basis. And we could always tell when the president was heading to Camp David (helicopters in threes).

And I'm sure you are happy to see them all again!

They didn't even mind the delay! :goodvibes Air Force One is a rare sight for us! A few friends of ours saw it fly over the College Station area last December before President Bush's funeral; it's such a magnificent airplane and what a treat for DGD's to get a glimpse of it! That was a SUPER plus for you living so close to Andrews! I'd love to see the helicopters! One of DD's classmates is preparing for a move to Nebraska from Andrews Air Force Base. They're so sad to leave the area but excited to see what new adventures Nebraska holds for them! :goodvibes:tink:

@goopysolelady Welcome to your dd's friends here to Nebraska. We love going to Offutt for the airshow which unfortunately was cancelled this year due to flooding.

:thumbsup2 I'll pass the welcome on to her! They just finished school this week and are now preparing for the move. It's a change for them; they've been in the DC area for years including service in the White House. With 2 young children the move is "trying" but it's part of being a military family...God Bless them! :lovestruc Hope your lives are getting back to normal after the flooding...a difficult spring for y'all! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter