• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of Enchanted Garden Buffet

Alicatt

DIS Veteran
Can anyone share pics of the embarkation buffet? I will be on the Dream but I suspect the Fantasy won't be too different.

Are you looking for something particular? I don't think I took any. But they have salads, soups, rock lobsters, meats, veggies, desserts. Less options than Cabanas, but better service if you ask me.

That is exactly the comparison I'm trying to make. I have seen pictures of Cabanas and even a video, so I thought that pictures might help me decide.

I think it's the same options as Cabana's, just small quantities. Shrimp, lobster, lamb chops, mussels, someone carving beef, salads, pasta, etc. I just have a pic of my daughter's plate, it's all meat and seafood.

I believe you can also request chicken nuggets or Mac n cheese from your waiter. They don't have it out on the buffet but our server offered to get it for our 2 kids when we were settling into our booth on the Fantasy this past December. I have to agree that I prefer the service and generally calmer vibe that Enchanted Garden has for embarkation day lunch compared to Cabana's.

Is the lunch buffet always the same at Cabanas? In other words if I go to Enchanted Garden for embarkation and Cabanas a different day, would I still get to experience it's buffet majesty?

Buffets have been the same in EG and Cabanas on each cruise I've been on for embarkation day.

Thereafter, though, Cabana's buffet changes slightly on different days. There are always many mainstays, for some differing dishes. You'll always get chicken nuggets, pizza, or seafood bar- hot dishes alternate

We tried the buffet in the Enchanted Garden on our last cruise (Dec). It was much calmer than Cabanas but there was not as much selection. Also, we were seated at a table and it was difficult to maneuver around the chairs and locate a spot for our carry on luggage (there weren't many people in the dining room but the particular section we were seated in was packed tight with empty chairs/tables).
For us, I think Cabanas works best.

If I remember correctly, there is a large seating/waiting area outside the doors to Enchanted Garden and that is where everyone piled their luggage and then went into the restaurant to enjoy the buffet. We definitely did that on our first cruise and will do that again on the Fantasy this weekend. I know some people aren't comfortable leaving their luggage alone, but we found that Cabana's was very hard to maneuver luggage around (especially on the smaller ships).

We will have some carry on luggage including a roller bag. I'm finding this decision difficult. Maybe I can put it under the table at EG?

We will have some carry on luggage including a roller bag. I'm finding this decision difficult. Maybe I can put it under the table at EG?

That's what we did. There were four of us at a table for four. The tables are quite close together but we managed to put them out of people's way and got a couple under the table. We used to go to Cabanas (and its predecessor(s)) for embarkation lunch but discovered that it's much more comfortable to do the MDR. Though we don't normally board early enough to have to carry our carry ons with us (we usually have time to drop them off in the room), it has happened a couple of times and it's much easier to handle it in the MDR than in Cabanas IMO.

Thank you all so much! That looks like plenty of food for us for lunch. And if it's not we can always grab some ice cream later!

Is the lunch buffet always the same at Cabanas? In other words if I go to Enchanted Garden for embarkation and Cabanas a different day, would I still get to experience it's buffet majesty?
Kind of. The meat carving station changes types of meats, as does the soup/chili of the day. Going off memory, the one of the hot bars also changes international flavors. Like one day it is german, italian, island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter