• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of Moana themed rooms at Polynesian Resort

Gotta say I was really worried about this refurb but I love what they did. I am not a fan of over the top theming and that is what I was worried about, especially at a deluxe resort where you are paying top dollar. It looks pretty subtle to me. I love the Poly aesthetic and I think they stayed true to it.

Not a fan. It’s cold looking. The colors are too muted, the Lights are too bright white. The dvc room is so beautiful and cozy and colorful.
View attachment 560788
View attachment 560789

So, on one hand, I LOVE the Moana theme, love the patterned wall, the Moana art etc... My kids would love it (big Moana fans).

But I agree that the overall color scheme is a bit too cold. It definitely lost that "polynesian" feel - that rich warmth of the wood etc... I think if they could have done the new walls (color and decor) but kept the rich wood trim/features/furniture, they would have nailed it.

Wow i’m impressed as the trend with room theming so far has been generic Ikea only more bland. The cynic in me says someone got sacked for the ‘wasteful’ theming. The Disney fan in me says way to go, this is what makes Disney, Well Disney.

well done indeed

I love the new rooms and my daughters would too. My only hesitation is with the bathrooms. It is a “one-person at a time” set up with clear shower doors and sinks in the same space. Other properties have the sinks separate from the shower/toilet. Somewhat surprising since the Poly rooms comfortably fit a family of 5.

Love the new Poly rooms and the Moana theming! We can't wait and even pushed our July trip back to be able to book these new rooms end of July!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter