pictures of old key west

nappingbeauty

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! Staying at Old Key West for the first time in August and would love to see some pictures of the resort. Stunning views from the balconys.... pictures of the pools including the quiet pools... Pictures of activities around the pools... You get it;) any and all pictures of the resort itself -

thank you!

Laura

Here's a few I took in December.

Hospitality House

DSC07254.jpg

DSC07262.jpg

DSC06338.jpg

The Marina - you can see the top of pool lighthouse in the background of the first picture. Sorry but I didn't take any pictures of the pool itself.

DSC07242.jpg

DSC07246.jpg

DSC07244.jpg

DSC07245.jpg

View from ground floor 1 BR, Bldg 62

DSC07241.jpg

DSC07239.jpg

It's a beautiful resort and we absolutely loved our stay there!

Why sure! I stay there often - usually at least once per year. Lovely resort, HUGE villas, beautiful grounds, and so peaceful to come 'home' to after long days in the parks:

103154135.jpg

103154137.jpg

104566479.jpg

104566483.jpg

104566486.jpg

104566489.jpg

104566492.jpg

104566497.jpg

104566500.jpg

104566506.jpg

104566533.jpg

zackiedawg.... you always take the most amazing pictures!!! thank you for sharing.... do you recall what building numbers you were staying in for those pictures??

Laura

zackiedawg.... you always take the most amazing pictures!!! thank you for sharing.... do you recall what building numbers you were staying in for those pictures??

Laura

Thank you for the kind words!

Photos 6, 7, 8 and 9 were in Building 15 off Miller's Road, first floor, right side, 1-bedroom. Beautiful location and view...could walk nearly equally between Miller's Road bus stop and Hopitality House bus stop.

Photo 10, looking onto the fairway, was from building 21 I believe.

Building 12 was still my favorite overall, because it had a similar golf/water view and was quiet and peaceful, but was closer to Hospitality House too. But 15 is a great alternative. I've stayed in many buildings at OKW - I think I've stayed there about 16 times now, and many of those in a new building each time (though in my early days staying there, I got building 19 at least 4 times).

The other photos were taken from around the Hospitality House and docks.

Did you have any problems with guests.... ducks... those little gecko things on the first floor? I was going to request second floor for that reason... I need to have fresh air... so have a habit of leaving the door open. Not all the time... occasionally... but it doesnt take long I'm sure to get visitors..

I'm sorry... Meant to say thank you for the additional photos. I love the pictures of the views from the balconies! They are my favorite!!:flower3:

No problems myself with any 'guests' - though I have had the ducks gather at the edge of the patio rail. Even though it's ground floor...they still have the balcony rails around the deck, and some are even slightly raised. So things like ducks and raccoons couldn't easily get in...and geckos...well they can get in the second floor too if they really wanted to! They don't bother me, as I live in Florida. I've got geckos around and sometimes in my house quite regularly, and have to catch-and-release them outside before they die in the windowsills.

But no...many times at OKW, and at least 4 times on the ground floor - and I've never had anything other than a moth in the room (from leaving the door open too long at night in the summer, where the light attracted him in).

I HAVE to have fresh air... my husband teases me... in the summer with the air conditioner on I have the other window cracked... and in the winter with below freezing temps... yes you've guessed it... I have the window open. So that is really good to know. Geckos dont scare me... but I would not be too fond of anything else visiting!

Laura

More pictures please. :goodvibes I'm surprised that this is the only site where there are pictures of OKW. I'm thinking of switching because the rooms are larger. I'd love to see the difference between a studio and a 1 bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter