{Pictures of the Cofferdam on the Rivers of America

Interesting. Not sure what that is, but I believe that the river has already been block "upstream" (per MT cast members) plus a few photos showing a structure in the river. It could be a second dam I suppose, but it really doesn't look like one.

Can't tell from the picture where its from on the river but maybe its placed to prevent any debris from flowing down towards the New Orleans Square section? I've seen some pics of crews working close to the river removing trees and other stuff.

From this picture it looks to be north of Injun Joes Cave before the fort, and across but downstream from Hungry Bear. i-gHnFpx3-O1.jpg

I believe you are right. Looking at Google Earth , that TSI loading area is across from between Splash Mt and the Canoe loading area.

Pictures from Disneygeek from yesterday. I was told this from the Frontierland side of the River. IMG_2592.jpg IMG_2583.jpg

Last edited:
From Mintcrocodile , he is guessing they use this barge to lower the sacks for the cofferdam . Google BigBagsUSA for pictures of the types of bags they usei-Z7T25F7-O2.jpg

What is the purpose of the screens? Just to further block out the view of the construction occurring behind?

That picture was taken by Mintcrocodile and I`m guess was taken from the Hungry Bear

I'm really happy they didn't drain the entirety of ROA for the Star Wars Land construction.

I'm really happy they didn't drain the entirety of ROA for the Star Wars Land construction.

Me, too. We have been to DL when the entire river was drained and it really affected the "atmosphere" of the park in so many ways. I was surprised it made such a big difference, but it did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter