• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

pin trading 6yo's first visit

jayz0302

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if pin trading is still in, I have not been to the world for 7 years and it was big then but how about now? Also I possibly want to get a starter set for her and her sister (3yo) but can not find one I am happy with, the ones I see on the Disney store site are 30-45 dollars for a starter set.I really dont want to play the Ebay game of not knowing what you are getting but If I wait till we are there am I going to pay a lot more then that? And if I am going to wait till we arrive where is the best place to go to get them started.

thanks

My son 6 and daughter love pin trading!!!!! They trade with CM and all resorts have a pin board at the front desk. There are lots of starter sets available at the World. They start at $25 and go up. I have seen at the resort shops as all parks and downtown.

We started pin trading on our last trip in early January. My DD6 and DD3 absolutely loved it. I read a lot on the boards about the trading and finally bought a grab bag of pins from mousepinsonline.com. I think I got 25 pins for $40. The great thing about the grab bag was that each of them got 4-5 pins that they really liked and then they had plenty that they were happy to trade.

On the last day of our trip my DD6 was trying to convince me to buy new pins that she didn't like so that she could trade them! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the advice and the link I'll check it out and I definitely decided we will do pins! We will be there Presidents week so they'll be lots of downtime from the rides being all busy to do pin trading.

Thanks for the advice and the link I'll check it out and I definitely decided we will do pins! We will be there Presidents week so they'll be lots of downtime from the rides being all busy to do pin trading.

I think I will purchase some pins before I go but how do you know if they are genuine?

Meant to ask will my 12 year old be to old? Suppose I could get some just in case and if he is not interested my youngest will have lots.

We actually started ours at Walmart in Orlando. They have a huge Disney section and it was a great place for us to start

I think I will purchase some pins before I go but how do you know if they are genuine?

This is a lightning rod for discussion almost as bad as swimming in another resort's pool, there are more legit pin sellers than others on ebay and you can do research. In the end there isn't a good way to determine genuine or not, when you buy pins at $1.00 each in bulk and they usualy sell for $7.00 inside most parks then you can be assured to get a scrapper or two. Disney is well aware of the issue. We do and have purchased pins from ebay but then spend hundreds of dollars on pins straight from the park. Make your own decisions on the issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter