Pin trading at the parks

There are a few places on line that are supposed to sell authentic pins at a discount. I really like Zip a Dee Doo Disney's YouTube channel for learning about places to buy pins, and hot to spot fakes.

I try to only spend my money on only authentic pins because I don't want to support counterfeiters. But, once we are in the parks, I am okay with my kids trading away their authentic pins for fakes, and then trading those fakes later. Otherwise I would go bankrupt buying pins :)

I've only ever bought pins off the rack and just bought ones I knew I would like to keep. It's hard for me to get into the mentality of buying something without intending to keep it, plus I'm just plain shy about initiating that kind of interaction with CMs. I'm thinking, though...this upcoming trip is a solo trip where I want to try new things, so if I see a blind bag set with one or two things that interest me I might go ahead and roll the dice, and take up trading if I get one I didn't want. I wish I could say I don't care whether I get scrappers, but I'm worried that I'll always have doubt in my mind about the ones I get from CMs.

I love when a kid stands and stares at my pins. I usually initiate the trade because sometimes they're too shy. I'll just say something like "do you see any you'd like to trade for?". On our last trip there was a tween girl that pointed out how cool one of my pins was. I saw she had a pin trading book so I asked if she wanted it. I don't wear any that I wouldn't be willing to trade so I never mind trading. It makes them so happy which makes me happy. The only pins we buy to keep are resort pins. We buy a new one every time we try a new resort. Then we put them on our bulletin board at home so we can see which resorts we've stayed at.
That’s an awesome idea. I actually thought about getting a Boardwalk one when we were there last week. ❤️

There are a few places on line that are supposed to sell authentic pins at a discount. I really like Zip a Dee Doo Disney's YouTube channel for learning about places to buy pins, and hot to spot fakes.

I try to only spend my money on only authentic pins because I don't want to support counterfeiters. But, once we are in the parks, I am okay with my kids trading away their authentic pins for fakes, and then trading those fakes later. Otherwise I would go bankrupt buying pins :)
Absolutely! It’s sad that there are fakes out there especially when you spend your hard earned money on the real ones to trade.

I think we may start my DS8 into Pin Trading. He loves collecting things and I feel he is old and smart enough to understand Pin Trading. I have a few questions:

1) What is the best way for us to get him started?
2) Where are the best place for trading in the parks?
3) Can he trade with any Cast Member?
4) Are there any unspoken rules around trading?

TIA
Because I was just at Disney last week I researched a lot about hidden pin trading locations. I will share with you (and everyone else :) ) some of the successful locations I found.

1. Magic Kingdom:

The Chapeau: ask for their mystery pin box. You are allowed to choose one number per person per day. There are pins hidden behind each number, and you get to choose whether you want to trade for the pin or not.

Emporium on Main Street: ask the cast members working there to see their pins.

Plaza del Sol: Adventureland. Ask to see the treasure chest! :)

Also, check your resort’s front desk to see if they have a pin book or cork board full of pins.

2. Epcot

I have heard they have a Pin Stroller near the front entrance.

The KidCot stands in each country have pins to trade.

3. Hollywood Studios

Sunset boulevard : ask to see the pin hat
Rock n Rollercoaster: ask to see the pin drum

4. Animal Kingdom

I have heard that when the park opens there is a pin trash can at the left park entrance.

Happy trading :)

That’s an awesome idea. I actually thought about getting a Boardwalk one when we were there last week. ❤
It's so cool to see them all on our bulletin board. Some of them are construction pins from when we stayed and there were renovations at the resort. Then we didn't have to buy one lol. Our BC and YC pins are from the 5k we did there. (Sorry the picture is sideways)

Attachments

• IMG_4802.JPG
    IMG_4802.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 7

It's so cool to see them all on our bulletin board. Some of them are construction pins from when we stayed and there were renovations at the resort. Then we didn't have to buy one lol. Our BC and YC pins are from the 5k we did there. (Sorry the picture is sideways)
Looks awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter