Pin trading nights

WelshPrince

Earning My Ears
Off to France for the Euros next month and was hoping to go the June pin trading night. Posters for new pins being released each month usually says that the pin trading night is sold out. How do you go about getting tickets for the night?

Thanks for that. Didn't know the Trading Nights were a ticketed event. I'm a newbie to pin trading, but very curious about these events. How do you buy tickets, because I don't see that advertised on the poster?

Last edited:

Thanks for that. Didn't know the Trading Nights were a ticketed event. I'm a newbie to pin trading, but very curious about these events. How do you buy tickets, because I don't see that advertised on the poster?
That's what I'm trying to find, because the author of the post on dedicated to DLP mentions about tickets to the events usually selling out.

That's me, and luckily my buddy Geoff at DLP Town Square was able to message me the answer when I asked him:

There are three category of pin events. The first: pin trading NIGHT - this is unticketed. It takes place in a hotel bar usually. It's a simple turn up and participate type deal. But you need to turn up approx 3-4 hours early to get the special pins.
The second, Pin Trading DAY. Takes place about once a year in Pueblo, it's included with park admission. Tickets are usually distributed during EMH/early entry in Liberty arcade. Usually goes on all day. You only need a ticket if you fancy buying the special pins.

Finally, the most difficult one, Pin Trading EVENT. Usually announced two months early. Tickets are sold via the central reservations Line (French version only, but they speak English). Usually sell out quick. They're held around 3/4 times per year.

Event tickets can have a 10% AP discount applied. We never hear about them until they're sold out as they usually put the poster in pueblo early. The pin trading groups usually announce them too whenever they see the poster.

wow, thanks for clearing that up! very useful. :)
do you have any URL's of those pin trading groups you are talking about?

Puffin - Vala on here goes to lots of PTNs and pin events. It might be worth sending her a PM as I'm sure she'll be most helpful :thumbsup2. She isn't on here as much now, so a PM may be best in case she doesn't see this.

A PTN is definitely not ticketed. If you want to buy the pins released though you will need to be there early cause you need a ticket for that. ;) 3 to 4 hours as posted seems alright to me too.

Knew you'd come along to help Vala - must have heard your name mentioned :rolleyes1:worship: x

Because the June event starts at 11:00 does that mean it's ticketed or do I have to get there super early?

Because the June event starts at 11:00 does that mean it's ticketed or do I have to get there super early?

The one in June is an Event, so it's ticketed. Tickets cost 45 euro per person and include a brunch. Presale starts the 7th of june. More details on this poster found on passiondlp.com:

pte160625_1.jpg

I think we'll skip this one as pin trading newbies and will wait for the next Night or Day.

The one in June is an Event, so it's ticketed. Tickets cost 45 euro per person and include a brunch. Presale starts the 7th of june. More details on this poster found on passiondlp.com:

pte160625_1.jpg

I think we'll skip this one as pin trading newbies and will wait for the next Night or Day.
Thanks for the info. Going to try to get a ticket because I don't know when I'll be able to make another one. Hope it's as good as the ones I've been to at WDW.

Thanks for the info. Going to try to get a ticket because I don't know when I'll be able to make another one. Hope it's as good as the ones I've been to at WDW.

Alright. Let us know how it was and good luck trading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter