• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pin Trading Question

StaceyA

<font color=006600>Disney fanatic!<br><font color=
Hi there...
I don't know where to post this, if this is the wrong section of the DIS, feel free to move it!

My question is this: if you are wearing a lanyard in WDW do you have to take off the pins you aren't planning on trading, or can you display them as well?

Thanks in advance!

I have never traded before but I have worn my lanyard in the parks to display. I always like to show the pins I have bought from various places.

Originally posted by MonorailDude
I have never traded before but I have worn my lanyard in the parks to display. I always like to show the pins I have bought from various places.

Cool thank you!

Most pin traders only display the pins they want to trade on their lanyard. Pins you are planning on keeping you might want to start a collectors book or pin bag.

If you are looking for the expert on pin trading be sure to stop in at Scoop Sanderson's pin talk. It is located at Expo Hall right at the right side entrance of main street. It is held Sunday thru Thursday's at around 12 to 1 pm (check with the CM's for exact time). If you haven't done much pin trading, Scoop's pin talk will have you trading like a PRO before you can say Supercalafragilisticexpaladosious!

Good luck and good hunting for your favorite pins!

Hi Bob.

I am curious about something. My kids wear 2, and sometimes 3, lanyards- and put the pins they are willing to trade on one lanyard only. Is this acceptable 'pin etiquette' or should I be getting them a collector's book/bag? TIA

Blessings

There are special rules for kids...at WDW they can do it however they want. I would recomend that they put their "Keepers" into some type of storage. They get tempted to give up their keepers when they have them with them all of the time. I wear two lanyards myself. One has some rare Limited edition pins to trade with "serious" traders. The other is to trade with the kids (I hate having to say no to children but sometimes they don't understand about limited editions, they just like the pin because of the character on the pin.

Another tip for the kids that trade... you will see CM's wearing "Green" colored lanyards. The pins on the "Green Lanyards" are for trading just with children. Look for the CM's wearing these lanyards as they will have some good pins for the kids (adults are forbidden from trading off of these green lanyards).

Hi Stacey and Bob,

Stacey..be careful when you get into the pin thing, remember last Oct with the running to get the latest releases...

And Bob, where have you been hiding? I haven't seen you in the mall lately. I'll see you at the Tink event in a few weeks.

Lori

Originally posted by Lori-n-NY
Hi Stacey and Bob,

Stacey..be careful when you get into the pin thing, remember last Oct with the running to get the latest releases...

And Bob, where have you been hiding? I haven't seen you in the mall lately. I'll see you at the Tink event in a few weeks.

Lori

Hey Lori!
It is actually for my mom, she is hoping to get some new Bambi pins, I wanted to make sure if she has some on there that are the ones she wants to keep they won't "have" to be traded.
She told me that she won't even bring any that she wants to keep and will put away any that she gets through a trade so that there won't even be the chance that someone will want to trade for them.
Thanks to everyone for the answers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter