• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pin Trading

Do you love pin trading? I know I do. It's not a cheap hobby, but it's really fun. Do you have any really rare pins? Tell us about them. Do you go on eBay and buy pin lots? Have you ever gotten some cool ones? Ever traded with a cast member and got anything awesome?

We just came back from dis a week ago and my mom got 100 pins for $100. I had a lanyard full with the ones i got on my first 2 trips that i wanst going to trade. Then i made a piles ones i wanted to keep and trade from the ones i got from ebay. I got a pin of minnie and mickey in a photo booth and the photos would slide out when u pull it. And one with a pic of walt disney popping out. LOVE pin trading

I'm curious, if I buy a pin off of eBay and I'm not aware that it's fake, do you think a CM will notice that it's fake when I try to trade? Or do they not really pay attention to that stuff? :confused3

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;40258036 said:
I'm curious, if I buy a pin off of eBay and I'm not aware that it's fake, do you think a CM will notice that it's fake when I try to trade? Or do they not really pay attention to that stuff? :confused3
most of them are told to take it even if they think it's a fake.

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;40258036 said:

Usually the CM will tell you if its fake, but trades it anyway. There is no sure way with eBay, but the way is the ridged-ness of the pin. The real ones are more put together within layers and tend to be smoother. Fake ones are a lot more ridged on single surfaces.

ive spotted a few fake ones pretty easily. I had a Pooh on a tube once and it wasnt' shiny nor was it "thick". It didn't have the Disney logo on the back either.

Well I like to trade for all Pluto pins, haha he is my favorite character. So my lanyard thingy is just all full of Pluto pins... :)

I love pin trading! I collect Tinkerbell ones myself, but if I see any that just look cool then I'll usually trade for them. I also started doing some select sets, like the Villains Bowling Pins set.

Before our Disney trips (whether it's to WDW or on a cruise) my mom buys a "batch" of 100 or so pins on ebay for under a dollar each and we divide them amongst ourselves as strictly "trader pins". It's a lot of fun and I'll look out for pins my sisters or mom are collecting.

I have a whole binder full of pins and I hope to fill many more :laughing:

I have a Limited Edition 100 Great Mouse Detective pin. Got it off of a cast member. I have lots of Limited Edition of like 1000 and stuff. I collect 101 Dalmatians, Cinderella, and TARZAN (extremely rare. I have about ten pins.)

I'm really looking forward to pin trading during my next trip. It'll be my first time trying it. I'm either going to purcahse a starter set from Disney or a lot on eBay, however I really dont want scrappers :(

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;40551996 said:
I'm really looking forward to pin trading during my next trip. It'll be my first time trying it. I'm either going to purcahse a starter set from Disney or a lot on eBay, however I really dont want scrappers :(
ebay is definitely the way to go especially if you're starting out. unfortunately, the numbers of scrappers are growing and you can't help weather you get them or not. of you do, i'd contact the seller.

I have an Artist Proof pin (ap). It says ap on the back.There is only 35 of them how lucky am I. 2002 Disney Beach Club Villas pin.

i traded for a haunted mansion le 1500 AP pin on a boardwalk pin board. i was freaking out! and i checked for all the sings of a scrapper, and none found!

I have collected pins for a few years now. I love it!! I have a lot of different characters, three lanyards full!;D im hoping to find some cool ones on my next trip to disney (at the end of the month!:D) also im gonna look on ebay for some good deals on lots...hope i dont get many scrappers=P

i really want to find a monorail pin!

i have about 75 pins total and most of them are tinkerbell. ever since i started collecting, i've found ones that are rare-ish. i bunch of years back i found a "that darn cat!" one and a "fox and the hound" one. when i buy pins in WDW, i usually end up keeping them and if i buy pins to trade, i get them from the disney store outlets in the orlando area. when i was about 12, i went to WDW on my birthday, and found this tigger golf pin on a cast member's lanyard and then discovered he had this pluto DCL one that i wanted and the cast member noticedmy birthday pin and gave me the pluto DCL pin for nothing. :) that made my day!! :) <3

I wouldn't pay $45.00 for that. I mean if you really, really want to display them, then go ahead. But if you're doing it just to have pins, i wouldn't do it.

For Easter yesterday my brother and i each got 31 pins for our trip in a few days. What the "easter bunny" did was that he put like 3 pins in each easter egg. I wasn't expecting that at all. What my parents did was get a lot of like 70 off of ebay, you can save so much money that way.

We rarely get to go to Disney because it's so expensive. I've only gone twice but both times I bought pins. None of mine are special to anyone but myself but I love them all the same.

I was kinda young when we first went and traded a pin I now regret trading, it was a Scar pin and it was pretty cool. I have no idea if it was rare but I wish I hadn't traded it. :(

Anyway I don't have a specific pattern. I just buy pins that I like or think are pretty. The only ones that have a trend are my pirate ones and nightmare before christmas ones. Anyway next time I go I'm going to make sure to do some trading and try and get some cool/rare ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter