Pin trading

MrsBadley

Earning My Ears
Whenever I’ve been to WDW I’ve always participated in pin trading and was wondering if it happens onboard?

Yes - they usually have one organized event, "officer pin trading", plus many of the staff members have pins on their lanyards, and the stores have books with pins for trading as well.

The stores all have books just like at WDW. As Van Houten also said, they have an officers pin trading event on evey cruise where the officers all gather about with their lanyards. Unfortunately usually most of these pins are just the same old recycled ones so I rarely find anything exciting there, but it's still fun and you can find a few good pins. They bring out a little mobile pin selling station during that event too.

Whenever I’ve been to WDW I’ve always participated in pin trading and was wondering if it happens onboard?

As others have said, there are books on the shops and some of the merchandise crew wear lanyards.

Officer pin trading will be available one evening. You can get some interesting pins on the Magic and Wonder as the officers may have some of the surplus pins from the unique sailings of those ships. The officers on the Fantasy sometimes have interesting Star Wars pins.

thank you I’ve lots of pins from when I went to WDW but that was over 10 years ago without my children so hopefully we will have some “vintage” ones!

Not only that, but if your kids make friends with the staff in the shops, they sometimes bring up pins from their personal stash. DD had it happen on two different cruises :)

A child and an adult were picked to be honorary pin traders on the Dream last year. They wear a lanyard full of pins that has to be returned after the event but get an invation for the event, a certificate with their name with pins attached, and a group picture with all the crew that took part in the trading event. My son was asked by Castmber in the store while looking in the pin book if he would be interested. It was our first cruise and made it so special!! Don’t forget to ask at the register if they have any special edition pins. For the Halloween cruise, when we asked about special pins they had pins in a drawer hidden. It was a limited edition pin.

A child and an adult were picked to be honorary pin traders on the Dream last year. They wear a lanyard full of pins that has to be returned after the event but get an invation for the event, a certificate with their name with pins attached, and a group picture with all the crew that took part in the trading event. My son was asked by Castmber in the store while looking in the pin book if he would be interested. It was our first cruise and made it so special!! Don’t forget to ask at the register if they have any special edition pins. For the Halloween cruise, when we asked about special pins they had pins in a drawer hidden. It was a limited edition pin.

:thanks: 4 the tip - :goodvibes

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Reactions: Saw

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter