Pinch me, I’m dreaming. Four weeks in Orlando! Universal, Disney, Sun & Fun! (July 2021)

wdwobsessed

Work hard, Play hard. :)
Hello everyone! I haven’t written a trip report in over a decade so bear with me as a spin my tales of sun and fun! If all else fails, I know how to tap dance, so I can pull that out of my back pocket if needed!

Trip Dates: July 10th - August 8th
Home State: Maryland
Transportation: Road Trip!! 🚗

Cast of Characters:

Me, Alycia, age 51, dance studio owner and mom to two adult boys who I’m leaving at home. 😂 I feel no guilt! I’m a bit of a goofball, outgoing and love all the Disney things. I’m a hot mess at times but I always pull through fabulously, mostly. Lol.

DBF, age 46, an amazing man who walked into my life 18 months ago. He’s a keeper, for sure. (He does laundry ladies… laundry!!) He works remotely for an Australian software company and loves to travel as much as I do. He’s more quiet, organized and reserved than me. We balance each other well! 🥰

Interesting tidbit about us:

We met randomly on … cough, cough … Tinder. We had NO CLUE that we both shared an uncommon experience. It was uncanny when we discovered this about each other. Heads spinning for sure.

We are both weight loss surgery patients and we have both lost over 300 pounds! 😱 Crazy right? If you want before & after pics I’m happy to oblige. Be here’s us, all gooey & in love, now.

So … a month in Orlando, why? First of all I say why not?!? I mean really, do we need a reason? But in all seriousness we are planning on relocating here summer 2024. That’s the goal. Will can work from anywhere and I am mentoring my niece to take over the front end of the studio, I will run the back end. Covid taught me that A LOT of what I do can be done remotely. I’ll have to give up teaching at the studio, but I only teach a few classes one night a week. So, let’s call this month a trial run!

Where are we staying?

The first three weeks (Through July 31st) we are staying at a VRBO in Clermont and working remotely. We still plan on going out for great meals, hitting up Disney Springs, Universal and meeting up with friends we made on our last trip down. I’m excited to share allll the things. There are some great offsite places!

August 1st we head to WDW and at that point we are officially on vacay & no more remote working!

Three nights at Wilderness Lodge and three nights at my new favorite … Rivera Resort! I can’t wait! Woo hoo!

I love split stays? How about you? It’s like two vacations in one!

There is more to come and I’ll fill you in on all the deets as far as what we have planned so far! I hope you enjoy the ride!

281D868B-041A-41BA-AAC7-D90C81F3414B.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter