Pinocchio's Village Haus buffet???

I guess my operational question would be: Why Pinocchio's? Do they have a revenue issue? Are they not popular as a QS? They've always seemed busy enough to me.

They could re-do Diamond Horseshoe again, which wouldn't be hard to set up for buffet style. Tortuga Tavern is underutilized, and while it might not naturally scream pasta, they could turn it away from BBQ to something else. Refurb the old restaurant on Tom Sawyer Island, perhaps.

Why Pinocchio's?

Why Pinocchio's? My guess would be location. With BOG Dinner going Signature, Fantasyland would be without a Non-Signature TS option. Making PVH a Non-Signature TS would fill the void created by BOG. Diamond Horseshoe is not far from Liberty Tree Tavern and is already AYCTE, so making it a buffet wouldn't really fill any voids.

Personally, I'm hoping the rumor is true and the quality is there. I cannot see Disney charging only $22 in park for a buffet. If the rumor pans out, I expect the pricing to be somewhere in the $35 range like LTT, though they might be able to price it slightly lower as it IS Italian rather than Pot Roast and Turkey. So, maybe $29-32 for Adults.

$22 buffet at Disney world is like ordering off of the dollar menu at McDonald's....and I'm all for it :D
It'll be about that quality, too, most likely! :crazy2:
Why Pinocchio's? My guess would be location. With BOG Dinner going Signature, Fantasyland would be without a Non-Signature TS option. Making PVH a Non-Signature TS would fill the void created by BOG. Diamond Horseshoe is not far from Liberty Tree Tavern and is already AYCTE, so making it a buffet wouldn't really fill any voids.

Personally, I'm hoping the rumor is true and the quality is there. I cannot see Disney charging only $22 in park for a buffet. If the rumor pans out, I expect the pricing to be somewhere in the $35 range like LTT, though they might be able to price it slightly lower as it IS Italian rather than Pot Roast and Turkey. So, maybe $29-32 for Adults.
PVH has also proven itself as a buffet for EMM, so it should be a relatively easy transition.

I'll be there in June. If this is accurate, will they be offering reservations? For that price, we might give it a try.

Should know soon - is all anyone seems to know. I hope there will be ressie offerings - will be there in April.

If Pinocchio is Italian, why do they call it a Haus? And not a casa?
They used the German city of Rothenburg as the model for the town in Pinocchio, so the architecture -- in the film and in the parks -- has a definite Germanic/Bavarian look. That would be my guess as to why it's called a "haus."

It's real - March 5 - July 1, 4pm - close
Not sure of prices
Blog Mickey

I just saw this too, but now they're saying beginning April 1st. Of course, this may just be speculation based on posted operating hours.
http://blogmickey.com/2018/02/pinocchios-village-haus-geppettos-dinner-buffet-offering-coming-march/

Hope they make this a permanent change. We were thinking of trying this as a CS dinner (never been there before), but this would seal the deal...especially if I could have a glass of wine. The idea of using a dining-plan credit that includes alcohol at a place that doesn't serve it is irritating.

Last edited:

Yes, I saw where the dates were changed also, now I'm beginning to wonder if it will really happen - will be there middle of April, and really would like to try it out. Keep looking for ressies to start!! :confused3

I keep watching for this. I am not a huge fan of the restaurant but my kids like it, and my 8 year old said that she'd rather eat there than at CRT when she had the choice. (??) No idea where she gets her reasoning, but I'll gladly pay for a cheap buffet over CRT any day.

I keep watching for this. I am not a huge fan of the restaurant but my kids like it, and my 8 year old said that she'd rather eat there than at CRT when she had the choice. (??) No idea where she gets her reasoning, but I'll gladly pay for a cheap buffet over CRT any day.

Good deal!

No news. But if the April 1st prediction is going to come true we should hear any time now. Really hope it happens. My girls love eating there.

Anyone hear anything yet? I haven't seen any news about it or any menu changes.

Looks like it was just a rumor. :worried:
Unless they plan on starting it the same time BOG changes to 2 credits?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter