Pinterest, a new site for all things DIY/Cooking/etc. all the info here!

lucy_love

DIS Veteran
Hey Dis friends,

My name is lucy_love and I am a lurker (hides under desk).

I am on this new website called pinterest.com it is a source for all things DIY, cooking, crafts, fashion, party planning, trips, photography, education tools, etc. As soon as I saw how amazing the site is I had to tell the dissers! I think a lot of you will like it as much as I have! I have already made some of the Halloween crafts and recipes from the site! IF THIS IS ALREADY ON HERE, I APOLOGIZE!

You need an invite to join (that is the quickest way to get in) so if you would like one send me your preferred e-mail address and I will send you one!

Since I had to explain this to my mom, this is how it works:

You make themed “boards” such as Disney, DIY, Christmas crafts, kids snacks, wedding planning, whatever interest you! It is customized to your likes. Next you “pin” things that interest you back to your boards. The “pins” are an image of anything (Crockpot dips, Christmas garland, etc.) and you re-pin what you like back to your boards. Now you may be asking, oh gee this is a lovely picture of cake-batter-cookies but how do I make them? Well, you click on the picture and it will bring you to the original source so you can get the directions/recipe/whatever you need.

Additionally, you can add the “pin it” bookmark to your browser so if you are on marthastweart.com or allrecipes.com etc. and you like something you can “pin it” back to your boards so you no longer have a million pages bookmarked. You can even pin youtube videos! (I did for crochet help).
One more thing, you have to link it to a facebook or twitter account (I think?) so you “follow” people. You will see your friends pins on the homepage. If you want to browse the site there is a drop-down menu in the top center titled “everything” you can pick from categories like education, DIY, kids, etc. and browse other people that you are not following. And you can “unfollow” people if you have different interest than them.

when you re-pin something it lets the original person know in e-mail. It will say somethign like "Lucy_love repinned your pin..."

you can also "tag" people in pins... so if you see something you are not interested but you think your friend might be you type a comment to that pin with the @ sign... for example "@dislover" means I thought you would like something. it will show up in your "@mentions" section of your page.

Therefore, the original person who pinned it will also get an e-mail saying you left a comment that said "@insertnamehere"

hope that made sense I think there is a way to turn off notifications. And I apologize if you already knew all of this

Hope this all make sense. My best advice is to look at this when you are bored and play with it to figure it out.

If you have questions let me know! I have attached the link to the pinterest homepage and my page so you can get an idea for how it works:

http://pinterest.com/
http://pinterest.com/ashleyqd/

Sending smiles,
Ashley

p.s.
Sorry this is so long, I am a grad student… I write a lot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter